Stats and Names

I've noticed that tropolis has a decent population of players that change their name when they start doing poorly.

I ask, in the end, what does your stats mean if you do this? Is it merely to try and support that you are a better player than you really are?

At first i thought it was just to use an alias, but i've noticed a few regulars who have the odd habit of doing it right when their score gets poor.

Anyways, I just thought i'd laugh out loud at these stat whores.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

That's why I like how Fox does stats by wonid 8P)

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i dont look at stats, i just never use my name.

i dont look at stats, i just never use my name.

yes, I know. you are the sole reason I started checking wonid's upon entrance on a server. :P

In fact, I check them on servers I randomly join, JUST in case you ARE there. :lol:

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

My stats always suck anyways, so I just change my name for the heck of it. *shrug*

Stat Whores!!!

I remember a couple of people that still play here that were really big stat whores back when they started playing here.

Cane's a stat whore...and he doesn't even need to change his name :o

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I'd like to see who all these people are that are changing their names

as far as I know most of the top 10 never change their name.

We set stats to names so we can put our IRC channel after our name 50 different ways!!!! :lol:

I'm with you DJ, I rarely use an alias. I like using names for stats, however, because people should have the right to play as an alias without people tracking them down, or perhaps messing with a new weapon and checking their stats.

You, however, are addressing the group that changes soley because of their stats....dunno. I'm not sure how many people even read the stats on the web now that the ingame jobby feeds their hunger a little. I agree, hiding behind a name is lame. I wear my tag because I want people to know who I am (and run away in fear). Most of Mmmm wear their tags all the time, and those that don't are constantly encouraged to(must...resist...names....k).

In the end, remember this, you alias loving people: If you get kicked/banned because of something that your real identify might save you from...do not cry "it was me!!!"

Alias's are happy, but once in a while it's okay to hide. Good topic, as always.

why is there such a large difference between the webpage stats and the server (in game) stats?

on the webpage I'm like in the top 20 but in the server I'm in the 5,000's....................... :o

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

1. Could be a possibility of you changing your name?

2. StatsMe doesn't coincide with Stats in itself. So When you click on trop stats it shows your full stats for however many names you used. Statsme to my knowledge goes by which name your using. For example

You see [Mmmm]Magruter on top cause thats one of the only names he uses in game. But he is also on top of stats cause of his wonid and the amount he has played.

If I went in with zx2 | TeK I could be 1000. If I changed my name mid game or on next map to zx2 | TeK <#zx2>, in stats me it would start logging stats for that name instead of the previous name. Don't take my word on this but I "believe" this is the deal for you playaa and anyone else wondering. So I guess I can say

StatsMe goes by names where as stats go by Wonid.

TeK

StatsMe goes by names where as stats go by Wonid.

TeK

Not right now they don't....as mentioned above....

Right here we have one of those name-changes...BUT...somehow tek normally get's tek into his name somehow! :blink:

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I win :) . I don't really pub much ne more. WHen I do its either on Mmmm if slot is open or DOH. Scrimming has taken a lot of my time and thats what makes you a better player.

P.S. Check out my new leet avatar ;) .

TeKNiK

As far as Player rank goes...changing your name wont help you in the long run. It might bolster your K:D but will diminish your percieved level of experience on that server.

Rather than change your name to keep a K:D lets say above 2.2:1 you would be better off to just take the good rounds with the bad, if you are a decent player you will be well above 1:1 and this will lend more points to your experience.

I use an unlimited number of names and dont play too often anymore so I dont even register on stats. If I stuck to one name my ranking would likely be higher. Even when a good player is doing poorly, they will often average out to well above 1:1.

I change my name all the time to describe how I am feeling or what Im doing:

[pizza]gOot (i love pizza and eat often as I play)

Phone (long distance relationship requires this UGH)

isuk (i suck)

[pumpkinhead]gOot (im prone to hs in this mode)

toOg (feelin a little backwards in my game)

sretOOg

[ATCFP]BelgianSwampRat

Plus, a couple secter ones hehe

lol, i have a million others

:rolleyes:

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests

I have 3 wonids. Any time I dont feel like trying I go under a diff wonid and name. Most of the time I am trying. I like using aliases cause when u r doing good everyone wants to know who u r. And they even offer u into a clan. I had offers from almost 75% of the community by doing this. I just said no I am in a clan. :P

P.S. Check out my new leet avatar ;) .

TeKNiK

Lol, who/what is that teknik? :blink:

I have 3 wonids. Any time I dont feel like trying I go under a diff wonid and name. Most of the time I am trying. I like using aliases cause when u r doing good everyone wants to know who u r. And they even offer u into a clan. I had offers from almost 75% of the community by doing this. I just said no I am in a clan. :P

:lol:

sorry :ph34r: