FAST advice plz! : Vid card

Laz.e.rus

Im thinking I might make a purchase on that evga sale linked to here TODAY. I was holding out for a ati, but these prices are pretty good, and evga is a great company.

Here is what Im looking at: Need advice on pro, con, or which youd pick, NONE.

All evga:

-8800gt 512 Single slot cooler: $99.00

-8800gt 512 Dual slot cooler: $109.00 ($10 more to get the heat out of my case)

-8800gts 512: $149.00

-9800 gtx 512: $169.00

http://www.evga.com/articles/428.asp

Pros, cons, your pick, or None: Sale ends today.

YES, Id like an ati 4870... but quite the price difference.

So, far, Im thinking there not that much diff between 9800gtx and 8800gts. But, theres also not THAT much diff between 8800gts and 8800gt for $40 less.... Im stuck.

8800GT is the best bang for buck and overall product.

Do not get the super clocked ones. They are clocked so high they overheat when you play intensive games and crashes your computer. (I have 2 in SLI, and I have to run rivatuner to keep my fans over 60% at all times.

But 8800GT is the best buy.

ordered. Dual slot @ 109 x1

Cool. This 7900gt is getting iffy. Also, it vents that 70C air INside my case. Bleh.

Im anticipating a HUGE speed diff and a pretty good difference in my ambient case temps (kind of important with my OCd Opty on air)

I already got approval to rma this 7900gt too. So once the 8800 shows, Ill send this back and keep the new one as a backup.

ordered. Dual slot @ 109 x1

Cool. This 7900gt is getting iffy. Also, it vents that 70C air INside my case. Bleh.

Im anticipating a HUGE speed diff and a pretty good difference in my ambient case temps (kind of important with my OCd Opty on air)

I already got approval to rma this 7900gt too. So once the 8800 shows, Ill send this back and keep the new one as a backup.

You should get around double the frame rates over the 7900GT in most stuff.

• 4 weeks later...