Circuit City is going bankrupt

EbilDustBunny

That would be a shame. I love Circuit City, I find their prices to be lower than Best Buy much of the time and CC always has what I need. It would be a shame if Best Buy were the only game in town...might even cause some price hikes if there is no competition.

I hate best buy...

I was there checking on Vid cards to see what prices were in the "retail" world...

Some sales chic comes up to me and starts telling me that 8800gt and the 3870(?) were the fastest you can get for gaming and the 8800gs was the best you can get for overall use..... Yeah, thats with the 8800gt priced at $250 ...and oh, did I mention this was after 8800gtx,gts(g92), 4850,4870 etc have been released and about a week before I bought my 8800gt for $100.

Hate BB....

A buddy of mine and myself have been placing bets on when CC was going under for about 3 years now... I thought she was done for long long ago. I'm surprised it's been open this long.

Here is my view on this... Their sales model is what is driving them into the ground. It's from the stone age. Salesmen making commission selling TVs? Making commission on common household electronics.

The idea of a salesman was great.. in the 50's when people didn't have instant information at their finger tips. Change with the times CC or go bankrupt.

I'm gonna have to keep an eye for clearance sales soon then :D

qft!

A buddy of mine and myself have been placing bets on when CC was going under for about 3 years now... I thought she was done for long long ago. I'm surprised it's been open this long.

Here is my view on this... Their sales model is what is driving them into the ground. It's from the stone age. Salesmen making commission selling TVs? Making commission on common household electronics.

The idea of a salesman was great.. in the 50's when people didn't have instant information at their finger tips. Change with the times CC or go bankrupt.

I 100% agree. Nice store but sales are stuck in the 50's

(edited)

I'm a Best Buy guy for the following reasons:

1. Their customer service is outstanding (gone above and beyond several times for me) and will readily price match anything that isn't already at the lowest price.

2. Circuit City's service and sales staff are absolutely HORRENDOUS. Maybe it's just the stores near me and that's not the case with others around the country, but I can always count on BB to take care of me if I ever have an issue or question, whereas every employee in my CC was practically inept.

I'm not surprised at all that CC is going under.

Edited by boilersax

I'm a Best Buy fan also, and that dumb chick was well, simply put, a chick, who doesn't know didly squat about computers except what they made her read and learn in their nifty difty 50 page packet of information you need to know to tell customers. I'm not ripping on girls here, as I just noticed this thread was started by Ebildustbunny lol cuz there are some that know a lot about computers, just prolly not your 16 year old girl at BB trying to remember what they told her to say. I never buy computer hardware from best buy because they do have way higher prices than Newegg will ever have. I will maybe buy a mouse or keyboard from them, and things like PS3 games because those are the same price wherever you buy them mostly.

Edited by samurai nightling