powered microphone (and headset)

stutters

har har, har har. the macbook pro doesn't have a powered line-in, which means (i thinx) the mic has to supply it's own power. the headset/mic i had doesn't fit that bill.

i need to produce screencasts for work (plus vent, css, other important stuff). mic quality is somewhat important, but this won't be used by rick rubin for an upcoming top10. can anyone recommend a powered mic/headset combo (do they exist), or at least point me in the direction of the entry level stand alone mics?

with luv,

sj

I just bot a pair of Sennheiser 161's ... open air headset. Hoping I can talk without yelling now, which tends to upset the wifey, who sits about 5 feet away from me while I game. Hoping the open-air bit helps me tell how loud I'm talking.

Its not powered tho.

I just bot a pair of Sennheiser 161's ... open air headset. Hoping I can talk without yelling now, which tends to upset the wifey, who sits about 5 feet away from me while I game. Hoping the open-air bit helps me tell how loud I'm talking.

Its not powered tho.

Good luck with those. If your wife sits 5 feet from you, the Senn's might not be what you want. A buddy of mine had some open-air Senn's, and while they worked great for him, I could pretty much hear everything coming from the headphones too.

I had a pair of Plantronics that were usb-powered (didn't use line in/out). They worked great....the only problem with them was that I couldn't figure out how to get the sound to stop coming out of the Macbook Pro's speakers as well. Was awkward for the first 10 minutes when I used them in a coffee shop.

Its not powered tho.

Good luck with those. If your wife sits 5 feet from you, the Senn's might not be what you want. A buddy of mine had some open-air Senn's, and while they worked great for him, I could pretty much hear everything coming from the headphones too.

Crap. Now I'll get a dirty look from her everytime someone drops the f-bomb on vent. I can't win can I? Maybe I can win if I can convince her to wear some noise canceling headphones while I game :D