How Fast??

gOOters

Have you driven?? How fast have you ridden??

DO NOT go out and try to post up a big number or start a competition here. If I see this happening, I will permanently remove this topic.

Be honest, let us know what kind of car??

RX-7 (test drive WITH the salesman years ago) - 137mph

Camero SS - (test drive W/O salesman) - 147 in 5th gear! I had to hit teh brakes about a mile before the traffic ahead just to feel safe.

:rolleyes: That was my happiest moment ever...well close anyway.

When I rode with you Magruter you were going much faster than that. :=

Fastest I have ever gone would be about 115 with my new car. (Had to test the acceleration so I raced a guy at a stoplight the day I got it) hehe!

Gunny

I think I made it up to 120, slowly, in my Talon. I know that Mini drove it faster than I did.

I believe I rode at around 130+ in a Cutlas (Mini, what kind of car was Schmitty's?) Supreme...some muscle type thing. We always laughed that we could actually see the fuel gauge falling as we drove.

Test drove that Cobra a few weeks back....I let off near 120 and she still wanted to go go go!

When I rode with you Magruter you were going much faster than that.  :=

Fastest I have ever gone would be about 115 with my new car. (Had to test the acceleration so I raced a guy at a stoplight the day I got it) hehe!

Gunny

115 on a road with stoplights?????? :blink:

Ok i reread the first post how fast have i ridden??

Well the pilot said a were a crusin speed of 300 mph. That's pretty fast...

The fast that i rode in a car was about 230 KM or 143 mph. I was on the autobahn in germany. We were still getting passed!!!!

Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guests

*shrug*

The speedo in my car doesn't work :ph34r:

Probably because you WERE about to get sucked off the bike foolio.

That Yammer is one sweet ride. I wouldn't mind having one, but I have this thing about riding on the back of bikes, snowmobiles, waverunners...I dont like it :(

Fatty rides?!

I've top-speed tested everything I've owned.

78 Celica - 104 mph, stock

69 TR6 - 102mph, smaller than stock tires

91 CRX - 129mph, stock

69 Charger - 120mph and I had to back off, got a severe driveline vibration, prolly would have done high-130's with 3.23 gearset and tires I had on it. Freshly restored, run-in built 383.

69 Dodge p/u - broken speedo, but low gearing, est. 95. Stock 318ci.

72 'Cuda - @ 110 I was risking it all on old tires in this rust bucket. 383/4spd/3.91 gearing

95 Civic Si - 127mph, stock.

74 Honda CB360 - 87mph, slight downhill, tailwind, tucked in, and farting as much as I could for extra thrust. stock

'00 BMW R1100R - 126mph indicated, book says 119mph max. tho I have a windscreen, otherwise stock.

been 125mph in my Dodge Avenger (was going 110mph when my right rear tire literally blew up from the force...old tires.....ripped my wheel well......did $700 worth of damage to the back of my car....how fast have I been since then? 80....)

went 150mph in a friends car in high school........didn't even know he was gonna do it....riding down the highway at 80 in his Mustang 5.0, NO ONE was around on either side of this huge straight stretch on the interstate....he said "ready?" and I was like "for whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" as he floored it.........

:=

twas fun

but kids....don't do this at home.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

got my pops old 5series bmw to 120

got my 320 to 130+ at 130 i stopped looking and concentrated on not running into the cars on the road.... woooo was that fun

good times good times

Here's the bike I used to own:

1984 Honda Interceptor 750

I got scared at 110. There's something a little different about flying through the air at 110 without a steal cage all around you....:blink:

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

That YZF is my DREEEEAAAMMM bike! I plan on having, in the future, my truck, sports car, and my bike. Don't think I would be crazy enough to get to 100 on a bike though, but that could change very quickly! And I am with goot on the not liking to ride on the back of things. Riding on a waverunner with my girlfriend was driving me crazy because I didn't know what her crazy driving was gonna do to us next. :lol:

I have gone around 120mph in my mustang (just a bottom of the barrel 97) on this stretch of I-64 in Kentucky from Ashland to Lexinton...seriously, that 1.5 hour strectch (if that) is the most boring road I have ever ridden on. I have been kind of nervous to go fast ever since I was 12 and my dad and I got into a motorcycle/car accident. We were on the motorcycle and a car didn't see us and pulled out. I had a compound fracture of my tibia and fibula and he was in a semi-coma for 11 days.

My clanmate and buddy Max_Kill-Joy has went around 160 on his bike, a Honda CBR900.

I went (fast) in a ZR-1 as a passenger. He never let me drive it.

I've been a little over 130 in an M3 as a passenger. I cannot afford to risk driving it.

I've been an unknown number over 85 in an ported, polished, blue printed beauty of an '85 IROC. The speedo pegged out past 85 and it was several seconds before it back to 85 under HARD breaking. I'm ballparking 120-140. But it's just an estimate based off of how hard I was braking and how it slowed down.

Chief

A buddy of mine had a CBR900RR and he used to let me ride whenever I wanted to. The bike was scary fast. Never got the nerve to go fast on it, but it was definitely capable of throwing you off the back if you tried.