new case

NOFX

(edited)

Finally.. after 5 years of the same old case I'm going to upgrade. I've only bought two cases my entire life. The first was a huge blue beast with a side window. There was enough room to fit a family of midgets inside the thing. This was around 2003 and the barton 2500+ days. I grew tired of having such a stupid looking case and took a hand me down rosewill case. Just a standard black case with a fan on the side panel. It's missing 2 drive bay covers and all the unused pci slot covers in the back. I'm sure the airflow is super.... She's seen at least 4 or 5 motherboards come and go..

The second case I have purchased was the one today. Antec 300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129042 I'm pretty excited to see if I can get the front USB ports working. My cases has always been to old to have the correct usb connection to the motherboard.

I got it for $43 shipped. If anyone is interested in one, use the code 20ANTEC to get $11 bucks off. What sucks is that I have a beige DVD drive. It would look much better if I had a black one. Does anyone have a black mismatched they would like to trade?

Edited by .fx

I bought that case for my last build because of the price. I like mine. It fits everything pretty nicely. The only thing I found hard to get used to was putting the PSU on the bottom of the case. Once it's built though, you dont really need to poke around it a lot (at least I dont) so the size downgrade was almost nice in that sense. I do like the 2 bays in the front that will hold 120mm fans, as well as it's almost completely tool-less.

I dont have a spare black face for a dvd drive though, sorry. You could buy a new one for $25 though if it bothered you that much...

Well, along with the theme of antec cases, I should have this one arriving tomorrow with my entire new build im making. M2 also just got this case for his new computer, as i got the idea from him.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129025

Think im gonna go to Microcenter sometime after i build it to buy a 120mm fan to install in the front though, for an intake fan for more cooling.

Edited by samurai nightling

I like than first one but anyone who spends more than $150 on a case is really into wasting money lol

You can save $40 ($10 after the mail in rebate) here on that one you liked :)

Personally I don't like the heavy steel cases anymore. They don't cool as well as aluminum and on top of that the few times I move my PC in a year should not require a fork lift.

Edited by Preacher

I like than first one but anyone who spends more than $150 on a case is really into wasting money lol

You can save $40 ($10 after the mail in rebate) here on that one you liked :)

Personally I don't like the heavy steel cases anymore. They don't cool as well as aluminum and on top of that the few times I move my PC in a year should not require a fork lift.

not many good aluminum cases for less than $150 out there. kind of contradictory. why is spending more than $150 wasting money anyway? i've had my case longer than any other component. i spent $219 on it probably 4 years ago. i don't anticipate needing a new one until they move away from atx spec. if that ever happens.

nut
(edited)

I actually was going to use that case for my first build... so let me know how you like it.. i like how its small and it's normal... no "window kit" and stupid stuff like that... and it looks like it vents pretty nicely.

those bottom 4 are ridiculously stupid...

Edited by nut

For your beige drive color problem go grab a cheap can of flat black spray paint and pop the face off. Be sure to eject cd tray first so you can take off it's face first. So you don't paint the LED, cover it with a little Vaseline then wipe it off when the paint is try.

When I got my 900 earlier this year I had a good beige 8x dvd burner but newegg has new ones sooo cheap with free shipping I just grabbed a new on to match. Also going from 8x to 20x makes burning disks easier I guess. Think newegg has one one sale this week for $30 w/ free ship but there is a good chance you have some black paint in your garage. :)

I honestly hate Windows in my cases. There is no need to see all the junk in the case. I used to like it and I even still have a Chiefteck case that looks nice and is solid with plenty of cooling but I like my Antec P182 better. Yeah, I splurged on the Mirror finish one.

The first one I linked IS aluminum, newb. The one you linked is not the same as my first link.

I was referring to the Antec cases with the aluminum deal and I know but I thought it was close enough that you may consider it if you were actually going to purchase it. Sorry I thought of you db

I honestly hate Windows in my cases. There is no need to see all the junk in the case. I used to like it and I even still have a Chiefteck case that looks nice and is solid with plenty of cooling but I like my Antec P182 better. Yeah, I splurged on the Mirror finish one.

Yeah I don't personally care about case windows either, the 900 just happen to have one. I built my desk and the comp slides in a cubby hole and cannot see the sides anyway. I bought the 900 for the massive rpm selectable airflow (all mine on low and machine is chillie) and it kinda looks cool from the front. That and I need a change from my old biege Enlight case I been using since Win98. :prplwacko: