Engineers! Unite!

Playaa

I have a friend who is just out of college with an engineering degree. He's having a horrid time finding a job in this economy and every interview he goes on people only want to hire someone with 10+ years of experience.

Do you guys know of any companies hiring entry level engineers?

ha. this is the case for everywhere, literally. My buddy have a chem E degree and is in the same boat.

which type does he have? Try looking at companies that are contracted through the govt. or military. They are recession proof and continue to need things getting done. Like, if he were civil, try an architect firm that helps rebuild military post barracks, or something to that effect?

Edited by Jiffy

Ouch, baaaad business to be in atm. I'll shoot my dad an email to see what he says but I can tell you it's been bad for years. My father has a little over 40 years experience and he's had trouble finding jobs in engineering himself (at least a few years ago).

What kind of engineer?

He may want to look at the Army or just the military. It is the only guaranteed job right now.

He by no means has to join the military, nor should he with all his hard work at obtaining a civilian education. It would be vastly under utilized there. But he should contact companies that are contracted out, like i mentioned previously, for work. They are always building. And those civilians make epic bank.

trust me. the people that mow the lawn on Fort Riley, KS make more than someone who has been in 5 years....

Does he have any kind of engineering experience like a co-op or internship? Not sure if this link will work http://www.career.mtu.edu/careerfair/spring2009/companies/# (just sort the list by fulltime and civil engineering) but finding a full time job in the engineering field should actually be one of the easier fields to find a job. Those are a list of companies that are looking to hire full time civil engineers that are coming to my career fair next week. Its a start at least to get a list of companies for him to look at least.

Edited by Demoner

I have a friend who is just out of college with an engineering degree. He's having a horrid time finding a job in this economy and every interview he goes on people only want to hire someone with 10+ years of experience.

Do you guys know of any companies hiring entry level engineers?

What is his locale Playaa? My office in Cleveland will be hiring one to two entry level civils in the next several months. If I remember correctly, you live in St. Louis? Is he located in that area? We have an office there. I'm not sure if we're hiring there or not, but if you want to forward me his resume (todd at tklk.net) I'll get it over to them.

http://www.cecinc.com is the website for our company. We do site civil, environmental, ecological, and waste management type of work.