Guild Wars 2

samurai nightling

• 2 weeks later...

Lol shaftiel.

If we choose one, we should choose a medium/high population server so there are no shortage of people around. The server I chose during beta (Yak's Bend) was a high population server, but it doesn't matter to me what we choose.

Also, you can't really "abandon" people because if you're a high level and go back to a lowbie area, your level decreases to the level cap of that area, for instance in the starting town, your level would be set to 6 from whatever you were if you were higher.

Played in the Reddit server (Darkhaven) this past weekend. Definitely noticed more QQ'ing than the other high pop servers I played. But at the same time, I noticed the Reddit server was more active. Whenever there was a world boss, and someone shouted in chat, a lot of people came immediately. Same thing applied to World vs World. I guess they're a tighter community (albeit at times immature).

The other servers I played on was Sea of Sorrows during Beta Weeked 2. At one point, that server had the most PvP guilds and it showed during WvW. Sea of Sorrows won on all match-ups. The only server that came close to giving them trouble was Darkhaven. Chat tended to be not as active (though there was still chat, since it was a heavily populated area).

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've posted this before, but this site seems to have the most traction for keeping track of who's going to which server: http://www.gw2guilds.org/overview

edit: Once we've decided on a GC server, maybe we can register ourselves on that site too :)

edit: There is also this notion of Alliances, which I think are just guilds banding together

Edited by lousiest

1. Team Paradigm will be going to Anvil Rock. Very capable team that are also behind lots of crazy stunts captured on YouTube such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImNGXsqLF4

but Anvil Rock is also the 4chan server...

2. Guild Wars 2 Guru and Yogscast will be going to Yak's Bend.

3. Reddit will be going to Isle of Janthir (no longer Darkhaven as it gets full really fast)

4. Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP server for the North American side as decided by the members of Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers. It also has the most guilds now - 82!!! :o

Edited by lousiest