GC Alumni
(edited)

de_cbble

de_season

de_contra

de_dust2

de_aztec

de_cpl_mill

Voting is still on for now, but it may come off. The server should be picking maps at random off the cycle. Admins can vote or set maps off cycle. Suggestions for maps to add or remove are welcome.

Edited by mookie
Added maps

I like the idea of no map vote. Initiating a map vote every map makes cycles irrelevant. If voting were to be taken off, consider the possibility of having admins limit their use of map voting to only when the server is severely suffering and needs to draw people in. It would also make it easier to look at the data and truly see what maps work and what don't.

Just my 2 cents..

• 3 months later...

iterating on jabba's starting point:

contra

dust 2

season

cbble

russka

office

vegas

nuke

inferno

and probably my favorite rotation ever (from immutable, rip):

de_dust2

de_train

de_dust

de_contra

cs_office

de_cpl_fire

cs_italy

de_cpl_mill

de_cbble

de_tides

de_nuke

de_piranesi

de_villa

de_prodigy

de_inferno

man, those were the days.

Well, the active admin can always create map votes. I usually do it later in the evening to try and create a better gaming experience :)

I do the same, it's nice to get some different maps in.

I agree with clueless. From my experience mapvote means dust2, inferno, mill, season or cobble probably 90% of the time. On one hand that is ok if that is what the majority of people want to play but I personally would like to see some different maps get played. All five of those maps generally seem to be part of the rotation anyways. I think part of the reason map votes don't seem to be effective is that if people see a map they are not familiar with they won't vote for it because then they would have to download it. How about the following for a 10 mapcycle:

Five core maps: the five I mentioned above which everyone seems to be ok with playing (even though I hate mill)

Three maps: to be determined by a different admin each month or small group of admins

Two Maps: to be voted on my all gc members monthly on the forums

I know in the past we use to vote for maps but it would get skewed because of low participation at times. Of course admins could always change maps/mapvote if they feel the server is dying or needs a change at the time.

This is just an idea, any feedback?

I try and take the opportunity to play some "less" played maps when the server is full. During the later part of the evening the map rotations doesn't change too much, since lesser played maps seems to scare people away. Guess people get scared to play different maps late at night lol :P

People also empty out after one too many one sided slaughters, which are quite frequent lately.

True true my friend, I try and jump around if my team is winning by too much, but sometimes I do get stuck just staying on one side.

I'll always be happy to switch sides though and do when people ask me to ;)