TF2 again?

JackieChan

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind playing on a nearly empty server but I shant play on a server that currently has no hope of filling. I won't play on our tf2 server until we get this issue resolved. I don't really see the point. Small teams tf2 is only fun for so long...

Let's get this thing fixed so we can be off to the races!!

Ring

people say the same thing about retro, but i'm able to see it in the master server list, and i'm not searching by hostname or ip, just server name (gcftw.com | Retrocedence). i'm in osx right now, so i can't try and search for the tf2 server. i'll try later today.

i just added the heartbeat hl2master.steampowered.com:27011 command to the server.cfg. heartbeat was in there, and i'm not even sure if that command is still being used, but that's all i can think of.

the firewall on the server is completely disabled.

Put ALL of these in the "setmaster" list:

14:35:39 setmaster

14:35:39 Usage:

setmaster

Current:

1: 69.28.140.247:27011

2: 69.28.140.246:27011

3: 72.165.61.136:27015

4: 72.165.61.151:27013

5: 72.165.61.189:27011

6: 68.142.72.250:27011

7: 72.165.61.151:27012

8: 72.165.61.151:27014

Nothing.

Most times when I look in there, which is often, I see the same thing...0/24. Coming up with ideas and showing enthusiasm is one thing, but arses in the server is where it happens...gotta get in there, and get in there ALOT, starting a server isn't easy, i've been there so I know, but it's also very rewarding when it pays off and comes to life.

as I see it the basic problem we have is that none of us seem to be online at the same time enough to get even 2 people onto the server... If we could at least achievement mill each other there'd be something to do but one person sitting in a server feels lonely. Also as I said before, and I believe that this is not just my opinion, even if 2 to 4 of us got into the server if we had no hope of anyone else ever joining because they can't see the server then what's the point?

On a side note it has occurred to me to ask if we couldn't add the TF2 server ip to the list of little things that pop up in green on retro. I'd think that some of the people who reg on our other servers but don't spend time on our forums might be interested in playing tf2 with us. We could do the same thing and advert for retro on the tf2 server (which needs a name btw)

there's some more of my thoughts, now I'm going to go :bang: and try and get rid of my headache

Ring

Well,all I can say is that you guys had the server rockin on 2 occasions, and they weren't all GC people, so folks are finding you somehow...

Another thing to note, many people probably filter out empty servers in their lists, so you won't show up for sure.

Well,all I can say is that you guys had the server rockin on 2 occasions, and they weren't all GC people, so folks are finding you somehow...

Another thing to note, many people probably filter out empty servers in their lists, so you won't show up for sure.

I have nothing checked and everything on all, still doesn't show up. Theres also other ways to find servers besides the server list on TF2, like websites. Let say, someone on CT:S likes the GC server, so they start looking for other GC servers, they see a TF2 Server, and the person owns it, so he invites his friends to play on it.

Edited by ValenAlvern

Hey, used to play UT2k4 (Manslaughter) on the GC ons server. I just got the orange box and was trying to connect to your TF2 server over the last few days using the IP that was on the server tracker. Now that it's correct I'm finally able to get in.

But of course, no one is there and I'm getting booted for being idle while I minimize for 5 minutes...

Anyway, there seems to be a few problems.

edit: nevermind I see how it works now. The time limit is for the map and you vote for the next one...although I wasn't ready for it when it popped up and missed the chance to vote lol

Basically I'm willing to be there farming achievements with someone else but I'm not about to run around alone for an hour to keep from getting idle booted...

Edited by Manslaughter

crap. I'm sorry I was at a concert last night. Did it work at all?

also I've decided to give everyone in the steam gctf2 group the ablity to create events so info can be disseminated that way

Edited by Ringadon