TF2 again?

JackieChan

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking that because I have pretty good experience using and running sourcemod if that's an option.

if i give you a base tf2 install and ftp access, can you (or shazz, or anyone else that wants to lead the tf2 server) take it from there?

I was asking that because I have pretty good experience using and running sourcemod if that's an option.

if i give you a base tf2 install and ftp access, can you (or shazz, or anyone else that wants to lead the tf2 server) take it from there?

Yeah. I believe I can do that.

How would I go about updating the server? Would I have to ask one of you guys to do it?

I will be there. Again, its the only game I really play. There is a system to setup for members to get party hats or any other types of a in game bonus. It will boost players joining and would even boost membership.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=LotusClan.com They give party hats to paying members and it is amazing how many people anti up 10 bucks a month for extras like that. And for those reasons...look at how many Full servers they have.

Join up and play one of the Lotus Clan servers and see the MOTD page. I think it would be a excellent model to work off of.

Anyway, you can count me in.

I looked into this and did a "sm plugins list" on their server and these are the plugins they are running:

"changeteam.smx" changeteam.smx
"chattocmd.smx" chattocmd.smx
"admin-sql-prefetch.smx" admin-sql-prefetch.smx
"overlays.smx" overlays.smx
"Admin Menu" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"basevotes.smx" basevotes.smx
"teambalance.smx" teambalance.smx
"Sound Commands" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"fexec.smx" fexec.smx
"tf2items.smx" tf2items.smx
"Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Player Commands" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"donatormenu.smx" donatormenu.smx
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"FistPie" (0.4) by Darkimmortal
"achievement.smx" achievement.smx
"Execute Configs" (0.5.3) by Tsunami
"sqlstuff.smx" sqlstuff.smx
"Lotus Cart Models" by AltPluzF4
"cow.smx" cow.smx
"Client Preferences" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"[TF2] Equipment Manager" (1.1.7) by Damizean
"endroundprotect.smx" endroundprotect.smx
"Strip Colored Names" by AltPluzF4
"Basic Chat" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"RCON Lock" (0.3.4) by devicenull
"Web Shortcuts" (1.0.1) by James "sslice" Gray
"Lotus HLStatsX:CE Plugin" (0.1) by AltPluzF4
"hatmenu.smx" hatmenu.smx
"Basic Comm Control" (1.3.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"cbaseservertest.smx" cbaseservertest.smx
"donatorgreeting.smx" donatorgreeting.smx
"autochangemap" (1.1) by bazooka

Excluding the "by AlliedModders LLC" plugins, a lot of these seem to be privately written for the server, including the party hat mod for people who donate.

Fun night tonight, but things that need fixed:

Shorter re-spawn timer.

Stop map vote from popping up after each round when the map isn't going to be over yet.

Get those admins who pay for it admin rights.

In the middle of a game the server randomly ended the game and switched to a different map, dunno what happened but maybe needs fixed.

Possibly make it a 32-34 man server? Seems those are pretty popular.

Other than that it seemed to run great, ping great, and we had a good crowd in there tonight. Let's keep this thing working :)

We got the mapvote fixed. You now can use Rockthevote or rtv to start a map vote

Admins will be fixed (this should be resolved today). And if you are an admin and it isn't working please let us know.

Glad you mentioned the spawn timer...I forgot all about that one.

An idea that I got from playing on Trashed Gamers servers is to have the map change after 2 team swaps. That way people don't spend too much time on one map at a time. They also have a flat map time limit but usually it changes to team swaps first. I'll be in there as much as can be managed but I have classes and such so... yeah...

Ring

Not for giving anyone an advantage. It does seem pretty configurable though.

Reading through that page from top to bottom, I was thinking that what it wanted to do with admin_overrides might not even need a plugin.

Guys, what do you think of giving GC members this?

http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=105452

Thing is though...

This is not a good plugin for admins who dislike certain players having advantages over others.

Yes? No? Maybe so?

quick thought... if we could implement that stuff and set the server to give it to everyone on certain nights it could be a way to advertize not only the server but .gc as well. On "Premium Content Nights" everyone would get what paying folks get all the time. Getting a lot of people to jump in to get a different game play experience and then keeping them around may be a good idea. However we'd still need to curb some of what is offered by that mod. We'd also need to be sure that it would remain an official server and not get on the valve no-no list.

there's my 2 cents.

Ring

EDIT: another thing.... take 2fort off the rotation! no-one likes it and that's where the server seems to idle.

Edited by Ringadon

GC Alumni
(edited)
EDIT: another thing.... take 2fort off the rotation! no-one likes it and that's where the server seems to idle.

2fort isn't on the rotation (at least it shouldn't be). It's the default map it goes to after a restart.

Any other maps you want added to the mapcycle.txt list suggest them here too.

Edited by JackieChan