The Walking Dead

Jibbajabba

This Sunday on AMC at 9PM CST the series premiere of the Walking Dead starts. If you are a fan of horror/zombie movies, this series looks amazing. If you aren't a fan of this genre....this series looks amazing and I hope you get devoured by zombies. It is based off the graphic novels with the same name. AMC is known for putting together quality TV shows and this one looks like no exception. I would hate to see the series fail because not enough people decided to tune in. Besides, you might learn a thing or two about zombie apocalypse survival and you never know when you will need that :o

I will definately watch it. I'm a huge fan of this genre. The previews turn me off slightly as it looks like a knock-off of 28 days later. But we shall see :)

This series came before 28 days later. I've been waiting for this series to start for a couple of months now. Wish I had AMC on HD though.

So did anyone watch this? What did you think?

I saw the preview for this show about a month ago, and picked up the graphic novels that it's based off of. The price of the first book skyrocketed - it went from $20 to $35, now back down to $27. I'm not much for graphic novels these days, but this is a really good series. I wonder how true to the book this series will be. If it is accurate, we'll be in for a bumpy ride.

Great show. Hollywood Movie quality violence and zombie gore but in a TV series which means character development, etc. Think Terminator goes to TV in the way that "Sarah Connor Chronicles" did which I think was one of the best sci-fi TV series of all time. The same great special affects but with the character development. It is now happening with the Zombie genre.

(edited)

Great show. Hollywood Movie quality violence and zombie gore but in a TV series which means character development, etc. Think Terminator goes to TV in the way that "Sarah Connor Chronicles" did which I think was one of the best sci-fi TV series of all time. The same great special affects but with the character development. It is now happening with the Zombie genre.

I'm still tinkled they cancelled SCC. Loved that show.

I'm 90% sure I scheduled the DVR to record the first show, I need to go check if it did.

*it really tinklees me off that the forum filter won't let me use the other word for "take a leak"

Edited by boiler

tinkled does sound rather manly though lol

I thought the show was good, I really like Lennie James from Jericho, I hope he shows back up. Overall it was a fairly cliche' zombie apocalypse show. It follows the "shoot in the head rule", the "don't get bit" rule, but with no screaming women panicking every 5 seconds constantly making the hero put himself in jeopardy to save her sorry butt lol. I'll keep watching :)

Oh and SCC was a great show but I really miss Firefly.

Watched episode one, put it on for series recording. I did roll my eyes at the "relationship drama" that is already getting set up though.

I mean, seriously, the dude's former partner has gotten THAT friendly with his wife in the maybe month that has passed when the apocalypse started? Are we really going to have to go through the awkward reunion where the wife "struggles" with her decision and probably picks the partner instead of the husband she abandoned in the hospital? Ugh.

Watched episode one, put it on for series recording. I did roll my eyes at the "relationship drama" that is already getting set up though.

I mean, seriously, the dude's former partner has gotten THAT friendly with his wife in the maybe month that has passed when the apocalypse started? Are we really going to have to go through the awkward reunion where the wife "struggles" with her decision and probably picks the partner instead of the husband she abandoned in the hospital? Ugh.

Well, I guess they want to keep things clicheinteresting.

Interesting? More like it's gonna tinkle me off. Lots of promise on this show, with VERY solid effects and violence. Here's hoping they don't screw up the human part of it, cause thus far the zombie part is very encouraging.

I just finished up book 4 last night. If this series is accurate to the books, being predictable is just an illusion. They stay true to the Romero-style zombies (not like the talking and marathon sprinting zombies in Return of the Living Dead).

Not sure if this should be a spoiler or not, since I'm not really giving anything away, but here goes anyway:

When you think everything's fine, that's when major, oh s*** what just happened plot-changing events happen. Nobody is safe, not even main characters. It'd be like watching Starwars for 20 minutes and watching Chewbacca, Princess Leia and Han Solo all get killed.

Makes me wish I had AMC HD.

Between this and Boardwalk Empire my Sunday nights are locked

How do you NOT have AMC HD?? It's part of my "basic" digital package, and this show simply MUST be viewed in HD.

I has a sad for you.

Good to see some other zombie fans on gc! I loved the premiere and can't wait for the next episode. I am glad they didn't try to reinvent the wheel like some zombie movies have tried to do. I suppose it helps that it is based off a known quantity, that being the graphic novels. I thought I read somewhere where the initial TV season is only going to be six episodes? If that is true that is a bummer. Maybe that was the number of graphic novels instead and I misunderstood?