GC Black Ops Server

mookie

GC Alumni

The server name is gcftw.com | Chicago Hardcore. Please look for it in the browser. If you do manage to find it, please invite anyone on your friends list who's currently playing Black Ops to join. It looks like there is no ability to connect by IP, so the only way to get into the server is to get it into your favorites.

Edited by mookie

Favorites allegedly works if you press escape while you're already connected.

Oh, but it doesn't work. We had a dozen clan members spamming refresh with the appropriate filters set so that our server could be found. Then the invite process was a his or miss.

I wouldn't panic about the GC server not getting action right now. Once MP is stable (lag and server browser mostly), players are going to be choosing servers based on the same criteria that made our css servers so popular... this game has some potential to hang around awhile too..

-good game mode (which will be hardcore imo - similar to the scopeless nich in css). Eventually I see us having a standard and hardcore.

-admins are consistently on and managing the game (hackers, tk'ers, clean server, etc)

-TK'ing is handled appropriately - in some of the game modes, TKs happen alot and there are auto-kicks / bans which I feel are not forgiving enough (nuketown w/ 18 players..

-# of players on server - not sure if we'll be able to control this, but we should be looking at 12-16

There is no way to enter it directly as an IP or address. Right now, they have incorporated a "temporary fix" for the server browser as it was flooding and breaking. Their temporary fix is to choose servers at random and present you with a few of them only. So, when you only see 100-300 servers out of 6000-7000+ online, finding ours is pretty lucky.

They said they hoped to have this fixed today (the 10th) but I am not aware of that happening yet.

It is nothing wrong with our server, just a busted game (for now).

There is a thread at the server provider where people ask others to post up if youve seen their server. Many have. Its like alien sightings....pretty funny.

WoooHoooo!!!!

Its bigfoot!

No really! We have pix!

But seriously, your browser is showing 218 of almost 10,000 servers. Its still broken-ed

Welcome to the world of us 2% existing.... I wear a size 47 boot, how about you?

Yeah, just time till its fixed. But Im still mad.

And we thought not having dedicated servers was bad. This launch is an utter failure in my opinion. They went the Bad Company 2 route of not using the native server browser in steam nor the friends list. The in-game friend invitation system is the worst I've seen to date. The fact that you cannot connect directly to your server via IP has to be the dumbest thing I've seen yet. Nevermind the performance issues and the fact that as of last night, running the game crashed my steam completely. I may be sticking with League of Legends for a while longer still.

And we thought not having dedicated servers was bad. This launch is an utter failure in my opinion. They went the Bad Company 2 route of not using the native server browser in steam nor the friends list. The in-game friend invitation system is the worst I've seen to date. The fact that you cannot connect directly to your server via IP has to be the dumbest thing I've seen yet. Nevermind the performance issues and the fact that as of last night, running the game crashed my steam completely. I may be sticking with League of Legends for a while longer still.

Not to mention the performance issues. I get lockups once every time I go to the main menu, and one every 3-5 minutes while running around in a map. Memory leaks and from what I've heard, the game doesn't use utilize VRAM either. o_O

Really hope they sort this stuff out soon...might be obvious that they'd rather get stuff sorted out with consoles before they even bother with the PC.

server browser is fixed? I know they fixed the friends thing, but I just read a minute ago that the browser was still on the to-do list.

Guess I better go find out!

Edit: Nope not yet. It IS better though. Its pulling me about 5000 servers but its only showing about 800 of them. Still a small sample of the 10,000 servers it says are online.

And no GC server.

Somebody named darkriver found it tho...hanging there by themselves according to rcon

AH there it is !

Took awhile but I got more servers, and found ours!

Edited by Laz.e.rus