Thoughts on Firefox 4.0?

Just got auto-upgraded to 3.6.16, and pretty much abysmal so far. Three crashes already just from trying to open websites. Maybe the plan is to make everyone abandon 3.6.

Firefox never crashes on me, what are you people doing? :halo:

I might load up FF4 this weekend and try it out.

Been using it since they started the beta, it's faster it's better and it's still firefox. I've never seen what the big deal about chrome is, I'll take firefox's add ons over Chrome's supposed speed advantage (Chrome is also a memory hog and Firefox is now much faster).

I really enjoy it. Especially cleaning up the top toolbars, which is valuable real estate on a laptop with a small screen.

I am sad that I lost all my saved tabs, and by default it doesn't ask me if I want to save my current tabs or not, just saved them be default. (I like choice!)

I'm still getting use to switching from Xmarks to FF Sync in regards to tabs.

I am not a hater but do like how Chrome survives the Pwn2Own events every year when it comes to hacking the browsers.

With that said, I've been using LastPass on all my browsers and the Chrome2Phone features of Chrome works great with my Android phone.

I do miss the NoScript addon for Firefox though but Chrome's Sandbox technology works really well.

Edited by ZeroDamage

I actually flipped over to Chrome about two months ago after finally tiring of the FF memory hoarding. I tried the 4 beta before changing over but it was really rough. Might give it a shot now though, however, Chrome has been butter smooth on my 3+ year old notebook, even in places where FF would have previously been a touch choppy. Was on the fence for a bit as I really liked that I could turn plugins on and off in FF and did not see it in Chrome. Then someone told me to just type "about:plugins" into the address bar and that was that.