SendPoints

MPG1770

I don't have any major beef with the sendpoints system, if it stays or goes I am indifferent. However I do think trying new things isn't a bad idea, sometimes you gotta mix it up. That said do I see another double points weekend approaching?

Well sending points only occurs on survivor side so that people cant amass all their points to keep buying tanks and what not. Most survivors don't average a whole lot of points that sending a couple here and there affects the game too much, but it does affect it somewhat. We might see how more people take to it and if it doesn't seem to be working out too well then it can always be scrapped. So far though I haven't heard many negative reviews of it, but thanks for your input.

I personally am indifferent to it as well. It's a nice feature to help your teammates but if it was gone i wouldn't miss it.

GC Alumni
(edited)

A lot of people like the idea of sending points to teammates plus the fact that it's a survivor only thing. I personally liked the idea of being able to send your teammates points so they could buy a full heal themselves or whatever. That's the reason I added it in there...not to mention I kept hearing "I wish I could send points to my teammates" all the time. I feel it takes teamwork to a different level that couldn't be achieved otherwise if sending points is utilized.

I'm not married to it though.

Edited by JackieChan

I feel it takes teamwork to a different level that couldn't be achieved otherwise if sending points is utilized.

I second that. It really brings people together when they say "hey send points to the incapped main" or "help I need 2 points to heal!"

Nothing requires you to send points, you can be selfish and hog them all if you want =]

• 3 weeks later...

Survivors were way overpowered before you could send your points to a downed teammate. It makes it too easy for people to not do their job and pick their friend up. This system is also taking defibs out of the game which is not how the game is meant to be played. If an ally is downed out of reach and without points he should die.

This server obviously has a serious stacking problem and with a stacked team + this overpowered send points system it is literally impossible to stop them as the weaker team. When a man is downed without enough points he should be down to lay in the spit and have to be picked up by a remaining survivor.

Maybe this could just be tweaked rather than completely scrapped, how about insead you can just send points to dead teammates rather than to alive ones, this would still allow for bringing a team togther to afford the 30 points but not completely overpower the surviors as they already are.

-Got Your 6

PS jackie is there any way to change my name from nucshuco to Got Your 6?

GC Alumni
(edited)

Survivors were way overpowered before you could send your points to a downed teammate. It makes it too easy for people to not do their job and pick their friend up. This system is also taking defibs out of the game which is not how the game is meant to be played. If an ally is downed out of reach and without points he should die.

This server obviously has a serious stacking problem and with a stacked team + this overpowered send points system it is literally impossible to stop them as the weaker team. When a man is downed without enough points he should be down to lay in the spit and have to be picked up by a remaining survivor.

Maybe this could just be tweaked rather than completely scrapped, how about insead you can just send points to dead teammates rather than to alive ones, this would still allow for bringing a team togther to afford the 30 points but not completely overpower the surviors as they already are.

Having it restricted to one team is big enough, but if it only allowed points to be sent to people who were dead, it would kind of defeat the purpose of sending points at all since it's being restricted even further where it comes to the point of "why even have it there at all?"

If it's becoming too much of an "imbalanced feature", it will just be scrapped all together.

Sendpoints was something a lot of people asked for and in the past I even contemplated having it where when you died, you lose half your points as a penalty...which I'm sure wouldn't sit well with anyone...then again, what does since no one will ever be 100% happy about anything.

When I get back to being "online", I'll gather feedback from people in the server and find out what they think about everything...if it needs to be changed, or scrapped all together.

Edited by JackieChan

Was thinking about the ability to resurrect dead players for 30 points. It's kind of a big deal, because there is no penalty for it like when you defib someone. And I know they come back with half health and black and white.

BUT...

Should we increase the points to rez someone to maybe 40? I see a lot of people already just sending 40 points automatically so they can rez and heal instantly anyway. Plus with it being penalty free, if you do this to a main character, there is big points to be had and it could totally change who wins etc etc.

Just a thought, or make it so when you resurrect there is a penalty just like for defibbing.

I also think defibbing penalty should be made higher than the amount of points you get if you survive. How it is now you just break even if you defib and make it to the safe room. Maybe increase the penalty of defibbing and resurrecting to 65? That way you'll still be losing 15 for the round for each person you decide to bring back to life.

If the defib penalty is at 65, no one is going to defib. There wouldn't be any insentive to for those elitists. If I were to find out how to apply a defib penalty to respawning, I would since you brought it up though. Have no idea how to do that and I would have to do some digging around to see if its doable on my end.

Anyone who knows me knows that I like the least amount of mods as possible. I was initially drawn to this server because it was running 10v10 with very little other mods.

So I agree with MPG. Sending points just adds complications that distract from the primary goal of the game: killing zombies. I say get rid of it, but I know that some may have a different opinion.

aww I like it! HAhaha, i find it super hilarious when i scramble to sendpoints. Like, i'll send it to someone who's name is spelled so awkwardly different and it'll end up saying, wait, what?

I do find it rather frustrating sending points to someone and either they dont know how to use it or they die without noticing i sent them 10 points. Anyways, all is fun.

Instead of taking it out altogether, if that is still on the table, why not lower the benefits little by little to see what strikes a good balance?

For instance, I don't think dead survivors should be able to send their points. Force them to make the call to either send them when they are down to their last breath or lose them. Jackie, your idea of penalizing them for dying does not go far enough. The survivor dies and his/her points should die as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I do agree with Lethal about dead survivors. A lot of unnecessarily long rounds should have ended much earlier if points were lost along with their respective survivors. I for one am a big fan of the sendpoints system - I think it's fantastic and further adds to the teamwork and intensity. However, working out a fair balance to the system is crucial to its success and ultimately what needs to be discussed. Scrapping the whole thing is a bold move that would upset a lot of people and probably alienate a lot of regulars/members from playing.

For those who don't enjoy the sendpoints, what aspect about it do you not like? There is a level of compromise I think would be fairly easy to achieve that can greatly benefit everyone. Even though I'm all for the system there are aspects to it I feel are unfair. Such as the one Lethal mentioned and the respawn-on-corpse vs defib issue. Overall, though, sendpoints has been a really popular addition that I feel should stay.

I would like it more if we evened it out a bit more. Dead players should maybe lose their points, or at least NOT be able to send them. If we could have a defib penalty for resurrecting i would like that. I just feel getting people back to life with no repercussion is too easy right now the way its set up.

Edited by samurai nightling

I would like it more if we evened it out a bit more. Dead players should maybe lose their points, or at least NOT be able to send them. If we could have a defib penalty for resurrecting i would like that. I just feel getting people back to life with no repercussion is too easy right now the way its set up.

Send points to dead players cuts point value in half. Dead players can not send points to those alive.

Edited by ValenAlvern