So..where did everyone go?

Hailfire

No one is on anymore.

We kinda need to figure out if we are gonna remake the map with the official release date or stick with what we got. Since virtually no one is on anymore I'd be fine with a new map. 11/11/11 should have a ton of new features and have many of the bugs fixed.

The hunger thing was an absolute deal breaker for me, and I'm guessing most everyone else. I think we're also kind of waiting for a new map with the official release, so we won't have to once again rebuild stuff.

I can't wait to start playing this again and go crazy on some builds that I know aren't going to be going anywhere by making a new map.

I started playing on a new server that rolls out pre-release updates and they move chunks via mcedit of the old map to a new map. So the map keeps all of your progress and still is able to progress itself with the awesome updates. Granted, I'm still not playing as often either way, but I really like what this server does. Plus a few of the people are local around my area, so that also is a good deal for me. I love and appreciate what Flitter has done for the server though, but I probably won't be playing on it anymore :(

Why can't our server do what that one does? Obviously its possible. I laugh everytime i look at these threads, because this is how minecraft has always been. People go nuts for a while, then move on, either to a new server or other games. It's a great game to pick up every once in a while, build something cool, then play something else.

Actually it seems the spawn rate has been improved, I assume it was an update by Flitter.

And saving the stuff we already built but still spawn a new world! Sweet!

Sorry to see you go dragon, was looking forward to seeing where dragon entrance lead.

Hmmmm Boiler.... Seriously if this server started what my new server does I would come back in a heartbeat. I just hate thinking about putting so much work into something only to starting all over a few months later.

Also the new pre-release updates are pretty awesome. Gaining experience, enchanting weapons and tools with your hard earned experience, and also breeding animals means meat is easier to come by. Although I have started on an experience mob grinder in hopes of leveling faster...unfortunately I built it atop a huge cave system that never seems to end, so enemies spawn down there versus in my grinder...hehe....

I haven't even created anything too amazing on my new server so I'd be happy to go back to the GC server as long as I know my Dragon Head Entrance is safe in any new maps to come :D

(edited)

FK:

Sounds to me like consensus is that we would LOVE to have MCEdit be used to transfer our stuff to a new map. My only problem though: my place is carved out of a mountain. Are we talking copying/pasting the entire map as is, or just individual structures? My mountain would probably be really hard to cut/paste and have it look right without everything else around it...

What if we just updated the current server/map to the new version? I know new terrain wouldn't come until new areas are drawn, but would that be the case with mobs and such (new ones I mean)?

ETA: Just logged back in, and had to eat just walking from my place to Peklz' trap. This hunger problem infuriates me to no end.

Edited by boiler