What's with the ban?

Screamy

don't know where this admin came from but I always play on server a lot and never told for name change until today when the round ended in defeat I typed in "truck you" to the guy on the mic who keep saying just get in the elevator but jokely then few seconds later I saw a message saying "for last time change your name" this was first time I read admin message but before I can reply "why" the game went into next round as soon the next round loaded he bans me

dont admin have mics??

my steam name

SCREAMS OF RAPE

I had typed a few times asking you to change your name. I understand if you only saw it that one last time i typed it, it happens as that game is hectic usually. But then you dropped the F bomb and I wasn't sure if it was at me or at another person, but either way we are a no swearing community. In L4D2 we allow a few small cuss words due to the characters language in the game, but they never say the F word once so we never allow that. Excessive casual swearing can get a boot as well.

As for your name, we can't allow such a degrading sort of name in this community. Any admins that have seen you play should have already asked you to change your name, and they will be informed of this, hopefully by reading this post but I'll mention it elsewhere as well.

I can and will lift your ban as long as you understand you can't play on our server with that name, and you understand that we are a clean community. Everyone who joins here usually meets the rules the first time the hard way, so don't feel like I singled you out or anything, I hope to see you in game again. I'll set your ban to expire today/tonight.

Oh and yes I have a mic, but it would have done me no good to you since you were on the opposing team. -_-

Edited by samurai nightling

Your name is a pathetic attempt at humor and the bottom line is rape is not funny.

I've never seen a better reason to ban somebody and I am surprise people have overlooked a name so offensive for so long.

Even if/after you change your name you will still be the same kid who thinks this type of thing is laughable.

I don't understand why more people aren't appalled

• Like 2

Your name is a pathetic attempt at humor and the bottom line is rape is not funny. I've never seen a better reason to ban somebody and I am surprise people have overlooked a name so offensive for so long. Even if/after you change your name you will still be the same kid who thinks this type of thing is laughable. I don't understand why more people aren't appalled
as a friendly reminder, only admins that were present and involved should be responding in banned threads.

Your name is a pathetic attempt at humor and the bottom line is rape is not funny.

I've never seen a better reason to ban somebody and I am surprise people have overlooked a name so offensive for so long.

Even if/after you change your name you will still be the same kid who thinks this type of thing is laughable.

I don't understand why more people aren't appalled

I am appalled, but just because someone hasn't learned about these issues doesn't mean they never will. We live in a world that constantly promotes rape culture, if we want that to change we need to educate those around us, not dismiss them.

• Like 1

(edited)
Your name is a pathetic attempt at humor and the bottom line is rape is not funny. I've never seen a better reason to ban somebody and I am surprise people have overlooked a name so offensive for so long. Even if/after you change your name you will still be the same kid who thinks this type of thing is laughable. I don't understand why more people aren't appalled
as a friendly reminder, only admins that were present and involved should be responding in banned threads.

After reading every thead on the first page of the "Banned from our servers?" I noticed almost every single topic had both admins and members who weren't there at the time of the ban adding in their own opinion of rules and attitudes of GC, etc.

Yet you never give a friendly reminder to any of those members (or admins who werent there). Not once. Why me?

I was not there for the banning of SCREAMSOFRAPE, but i was online and had informed an admin when i saw who was on the GC server at the time.

The reason i posted in this thread was because ive seen this guy on GC for a while and nobody did anything about it, which seems like a lax/lenient attitude (of everyone) towards the subject as we can kind of see in this thread.

No resentment here though.

Edited by Times138

Not once. Why me?

from this pinned topic...

This is a forum to take care of business. It's not a place to pile on.

you're right. other topics don't have it, but it's something we need to get back to. i meant the friendly reminder to be for everyone, not just you.

in the interest of staying on topic, if you'd like to discuss this or anything else, let's create a separate thread outside of the banned forum. you can also shoot me a pm if you'd rather chat privately. definitely did not intend to make you feel singled out.

-sj

wow I got this much attention? well anyway I read it all and all I can say its a misunderstanding but I did said Fbomb to the guy on the mic at the end of round when we lost, the guy on the mic kept saying "get in the elevator" then after a few seconds later admin posted his message of "change name" then before I can type anything to reply to him in "why" the game loaded the next round then it loaded the next round as soon as the game loaded the next round he just ban me right away proably thinking I Fbombed him. I apologzie on the Fbomb and again it wasnt directed to admin at all. I hope this is more clearer in what happened.

now about my user name since 2006 on steam I was never once told to change my name, no admin ever ban me for it and most admin found it amusing

so why change my name? rape is NOT even a profane word anyone with common sense should know that

and come on someone here named Jerkoff in the forums? over screams of rape? and your banning my name? well thanks Jerkoff for proving a point

So this clown joined again earlier tonight, and, well, pretty much Pwnage told him to change his name or he was going to get banned, and for an entire map while he whined and moaned about it, so......Pwnage banned him. lol. Everything was said over chat if you want to check it from console, Jackie. Blood Harvest, map 4, first round. yeah.

• Like 1

all I can say its a misunderstanding but I did said Fbomb...I apologzie on the Fbomb and again it wasnt directed to admin at all. I hope this is more clearer in what happened.

...sounds like we can work with this....

rape is NOT even a profane word anyone with common sense should know that

...wait, what?

things don't need to be profane to be offensive. "screams of rape" is offensive. if any part of you wants to argue that, you should probably find a different server to hang out on.

• Like 1

i'm not sure where you're from that rape isn't offensive, much less "screams of rape."

if you want to play on our server, please respect our rules. if you want to debate our rules and tell admins to relax because they don't share in your sense of humor, please find another place to play.

that's it, that's all. have a great day.

/closed

• Like 3