My first thoughts about CSGO

JackieChan

Thats why im frustrated. It IS too late to change a basic mechanic that made the game what it is. People don't play CS because its a better FPS than other FPS or that you get to sit and spectate when you die, but rather because when you shoot a gun that you have practiced with over and over you know exactly how its going to react. You can get a few kills before you have to sit and watch everyone else. They're taking that away, which makes it less fun to play.

That's agreeing with you. I wanted to say more, but I couldn't form a complete thought at the time. :shrug03:

Players put countless hours into the game to learn where their shots will go and begin to develop a muscle memory. The random factor takes away from that. The difference isn't black and white, but it still has an affect on gameplay.

Thats why im frustrated. It IS too late to change a basic mechanic that made the game what it is. People don't play CS because its a better FPS than other FPS or that you get to sit and spectate when you die, but rather because when you shoot a gun that you have practiced with over and over you know exactly how its going to react. You can get a few kills before you have to sit and watch everyone else. They're taking that away, which makes it less fun to play.

I felt the same way about the awp "glitch" that they recently fixed

Dear Valve,

After giving your game a try, I have decided after much turmoil and deliberation that you have in fact created a POS. So terrible in fact, that even though it is in the beta, I'm most likely not going to give you my money in the future even when it is released. I will gladly play this game for free, as that is about what it is worth right now in it's current state. I know, I know, "But it's still beta, we're going to still be updating it and changing it. Give it some time." I would, except for the fact that I think you aren't going to change the aspects of the game that really need changed, which are the basic mechanics of it. You ripped apart CS and made it another Crap Warfare 3 type of game. Running and jumping feels sluggish, at best. Bullet registration? HA. You added a buy wheel. Now the buy wheel isn't that bad, I could get used to it, but hey I might as well rip apart everything you've changed so there. And the new spraying. -_- Hmph, well I might as well close my eyes and shoot. I'll have better luck.

I'm afraid that we're going to have to part ways CS:GO. It's not your fault, its mine. Well, no. It really is all your fault. You stole my heart with 1.6 and CS:S. And then you go and do this to me. I'm afraid we are through. I'll be over tomorrow to grab my things.

Sincerely,

Nightling

P.S. I'm keeping the dog. ;O

• Like 2

Although I haven't had the opportunity to play beta, I can say I am not too thrilled about what I have read/seen from the new CS. It will be interesting to see what happens when half of the CS players in GC buy CS:GO and the other half do not....

Today's update brings:

Gameplay:

• Reduced the amount of stepwise variation in the weapon recoil patterns so they are smoother and easier to learn and control.

• The recoil jump on the xm1014 has been lowered.

• The recoil on the ak47 has been lowered to be more in line with other weapons.

• The ak47 recoil pattern has also been adjusted.

• The cash reward for defusing bomb has been raised to $3500.

• Added multiple T spawn points to Dust2.

The rest of the fixes can be found here.

Graphics' great.

I am puzzled by this...

I'm puzzled with how you keep noting that the graphics are bad. Can you post some screenshots from your end so I can see what you are seeing?

It's not that they are bad in the sense of poor system performance or anything like that, my system runs it on high just fine, it's the fact that it looks like a game that was designed and created 5 years ago. The overall design of the game just looks dated to me, I can't quite put my finger on all of it...it's just "off", the character models are weird looking, and the perspectives aren't right. The current version of CS looks far better to me. I guess I just expected more from the next version of the game. Not only is it not up to par with the current CS offering, this game in no way can compete with Battlefield 3 or COD. I know the gameplay is completely different, i'm not talking about that, i'm talking about the appearance and overall quality and design of the game. Like it or not, they are competing with these games, people only have so much available time to play games and these companies have to work hard to earn their chunk of that time, and I just don't think this game stands up when these other games have raised the bar.

The other problem is the shot registration, which I am obviously not the only one mentioning this, and this is a problem with CS:S as well. With a game that looks this dated, you would think that they would put forth the effort to at least make sure it plays flawlessly, but it's awful. I play Bf3 pretty exclusively now, and I have to say, there is really no excuse to be at the level Valve is and not be able to create a great game, Bf3 is graphically BEAUTIFUL and with settings on high, I have NO issues with shot registration on any server with decent ping, granted, there will always be a minor hiccup here and there, it's the internet after all, but overall, it's pretty darn good, and very consistent. Why can't Valve accomplish this?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED playing CS, and I miss it alot now...I have made many good friends playing that game here, but it's gotten old. I was hoping for so much more out of this next version, but to me, it's not going to be a game that's good enough to draw a large number of people back in. I won't pay more than $20 for this game, if I even pay that.

GC Alumni

"Remove this crud or I'm not playing it"

I hate when people say that, no one cares if you don't play it!

Lol, it's like letting everyone know, "I won't be missed if I stop playing, but let me let you all know!". I love seeing that in the SPUF

• 1 month later...

So once GO is out, will Retrodence server still be up and running? Cause based on what I've played so far, I'm really not liking it as much as CSS. Clunky.