Zombie buys

Soap

(edited)

Any chance we can add in buying of certain kinds of hordes into our plugin?

Then placed where ever you are in free look mode or ghost mode at that time.

Examples being:

I've seen packs of 10-15 jimmy gibbs junior, Swat-vest infected and other odd goofy ones before.

post-4169-0-53946700-1342207758_thumb.jpg

Edited by fxsoap

Sounds overpowered to me, to have precise control of where and when they spawn... especially the armored ones.

I have this in my plugin (btw, it doesn't cause server crashes) but, when you'd think it's overpowered, consider this:

Great! Biggs just dropped 20 jimmy gibbs on my head. *pulls out fireaxe* *Swings fireaxe once* Now all the jimmy's are dead.

Crap! Biggs just dropped 20 riot cops on my head. *pulls out molotov* *Throws molotov at feet* Now all the riot cops are dead. *Takes a little bit of fire damage stepping out of the fire*

Those are really the only two uncommons that have a chance at hurting players, and if players know how to take them down like that, they just become another method that infected can use to try to put them down.

But, they're really overpowered when you encounter players who don't know how to take them down, or if you're playing with survivor bots, and aren't using a plugin that forces survivor bots to use melee weapons at close range.

The only deal with CEDA uncommons is you can't light them, so you just melee or shoot them. *Wipes hands*

The real time an uncommon spawn can be difficult is if you have an uncommon panic event, where it randomly selects what uncommons to send at players. Jimmy's and cops mixed with each other, and of course other uncommons can become a problem for survivors because they aren't all grouped up in one place. But as far as dropping a group in a precise location, those shouldn't be an issue for survivors. If anything, they're just another easy way to earn points.

well maybe just when you buy a horde it randomly drops clowns/CEDA/jimmys? And sprinkle in armored....

thought it would make buying the horde more of an interest. as it is it feels like a waste of 15 points. I rarely ever see them attack anything or spawn? (maybe they just get lit on fire right away)

Pretty silly to see riot cops or Jimmy Gibbs running around in a swamp or a sewer...

Yeah, but the premise of left 4 dead is pretty silly itself. Fighting a variety of zombies is just fun, but letting players drop those riots or jimmy's against players

who are casual is probably not a great idea. Even though they're easy to kill, it's just another element that players have to pick up on.

In regards to clowns and cedas, though, they die in one shot from a bullet, and the clowns group up commons making them easier to just burn, so while they

increase the difficulty in a standard game, they really decrease it in large game servers.

And, remember, the pushing idea that this server puts out there is that it's simple and easy to learn, so there's no reason to complicate things.

I don't mean to shoot down your idea, that's not what I was meaning to do. It's a great idea, and it works well, but, from the images below, you can see that

it adds a lot of crazy to the game, which in turn ends up making things a lot more complicated than they often need to be. Against a lot of players, dropping

uncommons can pretty much spell defeat for a team. And I just personally feel that it moves away from the a simple 10vs10 community, which is a big draw

to players looking to expand into 10vs10 or just want to try it. From my experience, I personally feel that too much extra stuff discourages players, but also

uncommon drops causes a lot of discouragement and confusion. Also, the fact that you can drop them right on top of players, so they can't move until the

uncommons die would create problems if that player and his or her teammates don't know exactly what to do, and aren't right on top of it.

That means that if there's any sort of team imbalance at all, uncommons would simply ensure that the lesser team is defeated even earlier than they might

be without it. Don't get me wrong, uncommon drops can be a lot of fun, but they also shoot the learning curve up, and whether players know how to deal

with them makes or breaks a team. And, if players become too frustrated, they'll leave. Keep it simple and fun, is what I think the admins want to do, and

that's probably why they don't want to add it.

The photos below highlight some fun moments with uncommon drops, but you can tell from looking at some of them the amount of chaos it adds, and while

we were playing with veterans of that plugin, they were getting completely overwhelmed, so when I try to imagine what it was like for first-timers of the

server, I now conclude that, while fun, it definitely is overpowered. And, overpowered against veterans, if the people dropping the infected know what

they're doing. And, while an uncommon panic event takes care of immobilizing survivors with a drop of uncommons right on top of them, the rush of random

uncommons charging from all directions, coupled with special infected players charging in, it can be just as devastating.

post-3932-0-52113500-1342515256_thumb.jpg

post-3932-0-82962200-1342515268_thumb.jpg

post-3932-0-87568800-1342515279_thumb.jpg

post-3932-0-05829500-1342515375_thumb.jpg

hahha those are a ridiculous amount of uncommon.

My thoughts were maybe not to have drops anymore in specific places but maybe just that 'horde' is replaced with random selections of uncommon for the visual variety of it :D

is that as difficult?

hahha those are a ridiculous amount of uncommon.

My thoughts were maybe not to have drops anymore in specific places but maybe just that 'horde' is replaced with random selections of uncommon for the visual variety of it :D

is that as difficult?

You can't just layer a different skin. What kind of zombie it is is based on which model the zombie is using, so, no, you can't do it just for visuals. It isn't possible.

(edited)

I don't mean layering.

When you buys a horde it would have them all drop where ever they drop now but add in clowns, swamp ppl, jimmys and whatever :D

shouldn't cause any imbalance should it?

Edited by fxsoap

like i said, an uncommon panic event, or horde, leads to the case in the first and last photos. the first is a panic event. the last was just a standard horde, that, with riot cops and jimmys in the mix, overwhelmed us and all the infected team had to do was spam spitters and it was over.

so, yes, it would create a lot of imbalance, which is what i've been trying to tell you. it's too complex for the average player, and gc does well because it caters to the average player.

yeah, it's just not a wise idea.

the reason i allowed it on my server, was all players had access to melee weapons, and in the rpg version, all weapons started free, and players had a certain number of free grenade uses.

It made it so if jimmy's were dropped, you could grind through them, and if cops were dropped, you could have one of your teammates throw a grenade.

Without having those, it'd be extremely unfair. the only way to balance it would really mean you'd have to start a timer when the round starts and not let anyone buy one at the start, otherwise

you'd see infected players scrambling to buy those immediately. Sure, you can kill riot cops with bullets, but timing the shot properly after shoving them is one of those things that requires dire

accuracy. Again, just not something you want unless you have a hardcore playerbase.

Again, gc is successful because they try to cater to everyone instead of a small group. I think it's important that they continue with that methodology.

fair enough.

I

know the riot cops can be deadly....I have used them on a server before and could end a person pretty easily like that......I didn't realize that jimmys were a problem like that though. just thought it would be fun to see them...they are never in any map i've seen without a mod on it