Lets vote for the ak

Codrut

How much should the AK cost?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GC Coalition Member
(edited)

There are several wanna be ak pro like me :). After the update, the price raise from 6 points to 8. At first look issnt that much. But it took me 3-4 maps to realize, that if you face a good team and you have some poor weapons and you simply suck with the awp (i do), then 8 points are a lot. I would like to make a vote, sadly there is no pool you can make.

Do you want the ak to drop to 6 points again? Maybe we convince Jackie ;) . Thank you

Edited by samurai nightling

(edited)

You what's a real slap in the groin? Buying a gun only to find it at a stock pile in the next 50 feet ahead.

But yes, AK being 8 points is more than justify. AWP is undoubtedly harder to use, it shouldn't cost more than the AK.

Edited by Jerkoff

I agree with Talpa. 8 points to me seems minimal, though the AWP is only 8 points so unless we want to up both to 10, i say keep it at 8. 6 Is just dirt cheap in my eyes, for such a powerful gun.

i still think 10 points is too cheap for the ak. I think the awp is fine where it's at. Edited by MasterTalpa

Honestly, I think the 8 point price for the AWP is fine. You have to be a crack shot with it to skeet airborne infected and it's still not as viable as the AK47.

The AK47 on the other hand I feel deserves an even higher price tag. There could be a further nerf where only a certain number of people can have an AK47, just like the AWP restriction that Retro has.

The AK47 on the other hand I feel deserves an even higher price tag. There could be a further nerf where only a certain number of people can have an AK47, just like the AWP restriction that Retro has.

What is the AWP restriction in Retro?

The AK47 on the other hand I feel deserves an even higher price tag, like 10 points.

There could be a further nerf where only a certain number of people can have an AK47, just like the AWP restriction that Retro has.

you mean it couldn't be bought or it wouldn't be available to 'physically' pick up if it were to spawn in a map where 5 other ppl had it already?

What is the AWP restriction in Retro?

Only 2 players per team can use an awp...

Don't think this works though, since the round-based play, with spendable cash is non-existent in l4d2

The AK47 on the other hand I feel deserves an even higher price tag, like 10 points.

There could be a further nerf where only a certain number of people can have an AK47, just like the AWP restriction that Retro has.

you mean it couldn't be bought or it wouldn't be available to 'physically' pick up if it were to spawn in a map where 5 other ppl had it already?

Both.

Re-binding keys isn't that hard. Just a new command for each key.

Speaking of which, Yuri emailed me a custom script that adds a BUNCH of commands and binds keys to various things in L4D2... I gotta quit being lazy and test that out soon. :supasmsm0:

(edited)

Anything that nerfs the survivors is a step in the right direction. In addition to the recent price hikes we should consider one or more of following things.

• Start with tier 1 weapons every around.
  • No free weapons or at least no infinite weapon piles.
  • No free melee weapons or desert eagles.
  • No ammo piles.
  • At least one tank on every round.
  • And last but not least grande launchers should cost one kazillion points.

All aboard the pain train! Choo-choo!

Edit:

Few more things before I go to bed:

• Jockey spawns should go up to 11.
  • Enable all talk.

Edited by Socks

Anything that nerfs the survivors is a step in the right direction. In addition to the recent price hikes we should consider one or more of following things.

• Start with tier 1 weapons every around.
  • No free weapons or at least no infinite weapon piles.
  • No free melee weapons or desert eagles.
  • No ammo piles.
  • At least one tank on every round.
  • And last but not least grande launchers should cost one kazillion points.

All aboard the pain train! Choo-choo!

Edit:

Few more things before I go to bed:

• Jockey spawns should go up to 11.
  • Enable all talk.

EEhhhhh.

No free weapons? Bad. No way

No melee's/deagle? No way

No ammo piles? No way

Only agree on nade launcher being like 20-25 points.

honestly, ak's the only gun i'm any good at so until i can buy me an ak... i'm pretty much dead weight. Seriously. I run through the map trying my absolute hardest to save up points to buy an ak, like there are times that untouchable are the points i need to buy me an ak. i suck without it

it's painful when people us !np early in the round, i need those points!!

I down vote this, it's just weird. Looking past the weird feeling, it would pretty much force people to have a secondary preferred gun (m4) and if that's restricted too, then a third and so forth.

And people will keep picking the same guns for secondary and third, ask me, why did i ever start using the ak?

Answer:

Because General uses it.

So I'll also shamelessly copy his secondary and third........

Keeping things on topic, I am a newb and I never had trouble earning points. If you are desperate for points, just heal someone; Even if they are in the green. You still get your 4 points.

Also silence Uzi, period. Only silenced Uzies brings all the boys to the yard.