Weird update broke stuff

RadioKnight

So, decide its time to kill some zombies, and of course, server crashes. Its down for about 10 minutes, and afterwards, start getting " Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for L4D2. error code 2". After a bit of trying, its downloads a tiny update. Game works now, but when I try to connect to the server, I get an ingame error "please unload plugins before playing on a VAC secured server"!?

Server is up, Im validating files now to see if that changes anything. The heck did they do now!?

Have you never noticed people taking advantage of and abusing things before I patch them on the server?

never.

and if someone is skeevy enough to do that, they don't deserve to be here.

Have you never noticed people taking advantage of and abusing things before I patch them on the server?

never.

and if someone is skeevy enough to do that, they don't deserve to be here.

You've never seen people use the grenade launcher exploit on no mercy before I "patched" it?

You've never seen people use the grenade launcher exploit on no mercy before I "patched" it?

no what's that exploit? :blush:

Remember when you could open the metal gate by meleeing it to break it open and Valve fix'd it. You know how you normally dont get the Grenade Launcher in that map.

Remember when you could open the metal gate by meleeing it to break it open and Valve fix'd it. You know how you normally dont get the Grenade Launcher in that map.

never ever seen that.....

this must be the metal gate that opens from the inside....

never ever seen that.....

this must be the metal gate that opens from the inside....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcilhiQWYMo

The reason you can still destroy it with a Grenade Launcher is because it never spawns in that map...ever.

Yep. They were doing some work with -insecure and pushed an update hastily before the long holiday weekend.

The new patch corrected that, but the valve master servers crashed, resulting in steamgroup servers not displaying, which won't be fixed, probably, until tuesday. openserverbrowser anyone? :P)