Simcity

amertrash

Found this site which is selling SimCity at almost half the price....yes it seems legit from the reviews as per google

Appears to be regular price again.. unless the game is normally $90 :)

Nope regular price for limited Edition on the UK website is GBP 44.99...This site is selling for GBP 32.

(edited)

estimated arrival, march 12th... delivery date march 4th...

QGJuTvI.png

someone shoot me :(

Want to receive this the day it comes out?

Order it in the next 5 hours and 35 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

If it makes you feel better I'll probably be on New New New Detroit by the time you get the game because I'll be so bad at it.

Edited by VooDooPC

QGJuTvI.png

Order it in the next 5 hours and 35 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

If it makes you feel better I'll probably be on New New New Detroit by the time you get the game because I'll be so bad at it.

So you will be just as good at running a city as those in charge of the real Detroit?

Shaftiel

QGJuTvI.png

I don't get it, how will that change the shipping date when the item's already shipped?

Well it doesn't apply to you Lou, he knows voodoo magic, you don't. He simply forgot to about this fact.

Yea, sigh... I might just order a digital copy then sell this one for half price... I can't wait for a whole week :'(

(edited)

Well it doesn't apply to you Lou, he knows voodoo magic, you don't. He simply forgot to about this fact.

Yea, sigh... I might just order a digital copy then sell this one for half price... I can't wait for a whole week :'(

All you need from the delivery is the redeem code for origin, don't you ? Once you enter that in origin, you should be able to direct download it again in the future from it, right ?

Because, if so...i might actually buy it off from you since its half-price, since i haven't yet lol

Edited by Avengers

(edited)

unfortunately, redeem code is in the DVD that's only coming on the 12th

I dont mind waiting till the 12th lol initially i was going to purchase the game, but after some research the negatives have won me over quiet a bit.....

- Always-on connection to Origin (EA servers).

- The presence of empty spaces not editable (useless empty spaces) with automatic road connections.

- Absence of terraforming.

- Absence of farms.

- Not being able to save your maps on the hard drive (you will not be able to reload the city to a stage prior to disasters).

- Airport City (the city is only one International Airport, occupying the entire map 2x2km).

- Absence of subway.

- Automatic road connections.

- Player doesn’t have complete control over the zoning by population density (almost automatic zoning).

- Size of the maps is 2km by 2km (small maps).

- Not being able to control the regional transport.

- Modding restrictions.

- The developers of SimCity MIGHT end up expanding their maps per city ONLY if there casual players continue playing that too might be a paid DLC.

Also since i see newer games coming out on the frostbite 2 engine which i am very excited for...i highly doubt people will stick to this game or specifically i will.

@lousiest - PM me at some point, ill give the notion of buying it another thought tonight however let me know the price you would be willing to part it for, i just need the redeem code anyways, keep the CD lol :P

Edited by Avengers
  • Like 1

QGJuTvI.png

So you will be just as good at running a city as those in charge of the real Detroit?

Shaftiel

My plan is to play for about an hour and then have an Emergency Financial Manager take over.

- Always-on connection to Origin (EA servers). - The presence of empty spaces not editable (useless empty spaces) with automatic road connections. - Absence of terraforming. - Absence of farms. - Not being able to save your maps on the hard drive (you will not be able to reload the city to a stage prior to disasters). - Airport City (the city is only one International Airport, occupying the entire map 2x2km). - Absence of subway. - Automatic road connections. - Player doesn’t have complete control over the zoning by population density (almost automatic zoning). - Size of the maps is 2km by 2km (small maps). - Not being able to control the regional transport. - Modding restrictions. - The developers of SimCity MIGHT end up expanding their maps per city ONLY if there casual players continue playing that too might be a paid DLC. Also since i see newer games coming out on the frostbite 2 engine which i am very excited for...i highly doubt people will stick to this game or specifically i will.

Something inside of me whispers "It's a trap, don't buy it till you 100% sure the game is worth it." :)

(edited)

Well, somebody might find this amusing. My Monday night class is governmental and not-for-profit accounting. My professor mentioned "a game called Sim City" that he plays. He then proceeded to try to describe it to the class (it was one of the older Sim City versions) and how it was relevant to the chapter we had to read and I'm sitting there grinning like an idiot. Probably the only one because the other students in my class are poops. I wonder if my professor will give me extra credit for playing Sim City. ROFL. Just funny because my professor is not someone who I'd peg as a Sim City player.

Edited by Girlzilla
  • Like 1