Visual's D-DOS Complaint

Sky

I hate having to bring a thread like this to a community that I actually enjoy playing with, but this morning I received rather; Wait.

I should say that it's disturbing news, but to be honest, I chuckled. If you knew the kind of internet I was on, or that I was at a

thanksgiving party all day, and most of the night; For those of you who don't know, this weekend is thanksgiving in Canada, and

today, specifically, is the actual holiday. I could be Neo, and this could be The Matrix, but I wouldn't gamble on that one.

If Visual didn't accuse random people of D-DOSing his servers every time they crashed, it might be taken seriously. lol.

Anyhow, he mentioned that he grabbed my ip address from the gcftw hlstatsx page, and that he has emailed you asking to ban

me, which is the only reason I'm posting this here. Source: http://steamcommunit...343526040802329

][/b]

8 hours long DDOS attack effecting our L4D2 Server

OCTOBER 7TH, 2012 - V1SUΛL

We're at a point were our l4d2 server has been ddosed all night by multiple IP adresses. We're working on it and have a list of multiple adresses, we know who are responsible for the attacks. At this point, we're writing emails to the attackers' ISP with pictures, logs, conversations with our engineers at the data center and much more.

When those are sent the IP adresses are gonna be blocked.

These guys have attacked us for the last time, lets see what the abuse groups of their ISP has to say about what we're about to send them. Lets see what your parents have to say when they're the ones getting accused and have to be dragged to court.

Did you honestly think you could attack for 9 hours without getting caught? Sky, an email to abuse group of your isp has been sent. Emails have been sent to people at gcftw, IP has been tracked from their stats page.

I don't honestly know why he has singled me out; When I bought guild wars 2, I promptly uploaded all of my plugins to

my googlecode page, and posted them on Alliedmods as well: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=197739

He mentioned multiple people have attacked him, and then singled me out. Assuredly, he's just trying to rock the waters.

I haven't spoken to him since the debacle on the steam forums, and while that was so long ago, I'm sure Jackie still

remembers it. He claims to have logs, pictures, email conversations, and other incriminating evidence, but he really

doesn't. Hopefully he grows up and does better research before picking another target to attack in the future.

Personally, I don't think Zombie Islands has ever been D-DOS attacked. I think he just took a bunch of free plugins and

threw them into one giant one, and can't figure out why his server crashes.

GC as a whole has nothing to worry about since we're not doing anything. Funny that he singles GC out...probably because of his little non-steam comment about GC and me calling him out about it.

I think he's just making stuff up to slander us through his steam group.

Personally, I find this whole thing hilarious.

Sky
(edited)

Whoevers IP it is, it isn't mine, lol.

Jackie. he used a plural form for the number of hackers. The Jacksky hacking team! LOL. I'm just glad you find it as hilarious as I do :P

I'm not sure why he even wants to slander me, you, or GC; none of us have had anything to do with him. Wait, he did email me on alliedmods.net

a while back accusing me of attacking his servers; I just ignored it. But, yeah... I stop playing l4d2 and the children still complain :P

There's a sky in the hlstatsx on gc, but that isn't me; I play on my other account when I play l4d2. lol.

Edited by Sky

Sky
(edited)

hehe, the best part of the night:

Mike: i was gone all day

Mike: for thanksgiving

Mike: lol

-=DS=-KidFury: wow thats a powerful smart phone u got

Edited by Sky

Sky
(edited)

So, because I fell out of my chair laughing...

This morning, I received emails on http://alliedmods.net from Visual:

bla bla bla there's no violation. attacking IP's were tracked from gcftw.com stats page and they were friends with your public account, not that private you have.

bla bla bla. stay away from us as ive said 1000 times before.

speaking of poor legitim code, your posted plugins which you've failed so much to attach in the correct way these last weeks are just terrible. you're sourcepawn scripting is hitty and you know nothing about how to make more efficent codes. you think you're better than everybody else here but no one gives a rats donkey about your plugins. ill tell you that. you can contunie code for the gcftw losers and their server will probably contunie crashing 7 times a day because of your bade codwes.

and you dont play l4d2? cmon, you're gonna tell me that when I know your steam profiles.

now, stfu. do never contact me again or play this pooply game you think you're playing with me. I don't want to here from you and I dont want you to ever cause us harm again like you've been doing by ddosing our server is that clear?! If you don't follow the instruction here I will take your gcftw server offline like you take my servers. You want to fight? Jackechan want to fight? Go truck yuo losers!!!

*cough*

Another note, he actually updated the page, in which he removed my name --- but changed the final paragraph to the following:

At this point, we should all just fall out of our chairs. Clearly, he's just looking for attention. I originally posted the topic to quell the confusion that a few people I know had when they saw the accusation.

He seems to, for some reason, have beef with you Jackie; You have a fan! I think he probably just got grounded at home and is venting, though. lol.

Did you honestly think you could attack for 9 hours without getting caught?

Emails have been sent to people responsible for this.

A few of them were found at the gcftw.com stats page, some are developers there and some are just regular players.

Edited by Sky

I'll try to elaborate from my phone:

Basically, there was this thread on the Steam forums about 10v10 servers and Visual said that GC was no-steam. I called him out on it and he changed his post and even recommended GC as another possible 10v10 in another thread. Sky said that Zombie Islands (which Visual runs) jumps in and out of no-steam when his numbers are low and he denyed it.

Over the course of months, I guess he likes to start s**t and slowly came to the assumption that Sky is a big part of GC's 10v10 server, which he isn't. Visual just seems like a stubborn kid with a lot of pent up rage for some reason because whoever we ban just go to his server...which is hilarious.

He also likes to slander GC without evidence. He just mentions GC because on the 10v10's stat page, it tracks IP addresses too. I don't think he realizes how many unique visitors this server has on a daily basis and to me, it would be easy to link some goon not associated with GC "ddosing" his servers just because he found them on our stats page. You know what it's called if you call someone out without evidence? Baseless conjecture, and that makes you lose any credibility you have left...given he has any to begin with from all this slandering he has been doing. I would even encourage him to register on the forums and set the record straight, but I know he won't because he likes attention.

(edited)

I'll try to elaborate from my phone:

Basically, there was this thread on the Steam forums about 10v10 servers and Visual said that GC was no-steam. I called him out on it and he changed his post and even recommended GC as another possible 10v10 in another thread. Sky said that Zombie Islands (which Visual runs) jumps in and out of no-steam when his numbers are low and he denyed it.

Over the course of months, I guess he likes to start s**t and slowly came to the assumption that Sky is a big part of GC's 10v10 server, which he isn't. Visual just seems like a stubborn kid with a lot of pent up rage for some reason because whoever we ban just go to his server...which is hilarious.

He also likes to slander GC without evidence. He just mentions GC because on the 10v10's stat page, it tracks IP addresses too. I don't think he realizes how many unique visitors this server has on a daily basis and to me, it would be easy to link some goon not associated with GC "ddosing" his servers just because he found them on our stats page. You know what it's called if you call someone out without evidence? Baseless conjecture, and that makes you lose any credibility you have left...given he has any to begin with from all this slandering he has been doing. I would even encourage him to register on the forums and set the record straight, but I know he won't because he likes attention.

well that's lame. what a strange.....course of events

dislikem.png

Edited by fxsoap

I just hope he doesn't actually plan to attack our server like he has threatened to (or at least that he has no idea how to do so). On the other hand... if we suddenly find out that we're being attacked, I guess we'll already have suspect #1 lined up.

I just hope he doesn't actually plan to attack our server like he has threatened to (or at least that he has no idea how to do so). On the other hand... if we suddenly find out that we're being attacked, I guess we'll already have suspect #1 lined up.

I'm guessing if he does try to attack GC, shooting him with a lasered AK-47 wouldn't work huh? (in-game of course, before i get charged with murderous intent)

Sky
(edited)

Apparently, he actually has his own kids. And, apparently, most of the alliedmods community has him on ignore.

He doesn't know the first thing about how to attack a server; Don't worry. He just likes attention. If we all ignore him, he'll go away!

Edited by Sky

I got rid of IP addresses being shown on the stats page so he doesn't have an excuse to blame GC for his server crashing on him constantly.

It's funny, I sent him a PM on alliedmods and he ignored it. Not to mention he IP banned me from his server. He is a class act right there. He is pretty much just a raging kid to me even if he has kids of his own...at least he is acting exactly like one.

Sky

Yeah. You can tell he just takes free plugins from alliedmods and changes the cvars to make it look like he made them. Probably meshes them together in a giant plugin, and can't figure out why his stuff crashes.

The admins went into my skyrpg_v2 thread and deleted the posts he made, and the other guys made, and ignored his request to issue warnings or bans to anyone. lol. I feel bad for his kids, if only children services

existed in his country. Anyone with kids is probably like "Wow, if he's like that... Save the kids!"

This was my PM I sent him.

What exactly do you have against me or gcftw? The only "fight" we had was when I corrected you on the Steam forums about you saying GC was no-steam when it isn't, and you corrected yourself. Yet you still want to slander GC with false accusations just because you find matching IP address on GC's stats page from a pool of 67,800 odd people. If you do a simple Google search with IP addresses of the people who "ddos"ed your server I'm pretty damn sure you're going to get some result from the stats page since every person who joins the server has their IP address logged.

So enlighten me:

Where's your evidence?

Where are those matching IP addresses from gcftw?

You point fingers, but don't back it up with anything concrete. That's called baseless conjecture and I would appreciate it if you would stop doing that.

Also, Sky has nothing to do with GC. He doesn't develop anything for me, he isn't in charge of anything, he isn't even a member. Why do you like to link him with me? He isn't even on my friends list on Steam.

I'm just trying to set records straight here. I've seen you on numerous occasions point fingers at GC about anything without GC doing anything of the sort back to you. No one got any "emails" about your "ddos" attack that happened on your servers and your claims about you sending emails to GC developers about the situation...guess what? I'm the only developer for the L4D side of GC. I never got any email from you.

So please, back up what you say with evidence, or stop lying about whatever goes wrong with you or your servers and pinning it on GC because you don't have anyone else to blame it on...and believe me, if the "culprit" happens to be apart of GC and I were to find out about it, they wouldn't be a member for very much longer.

I feel like a lawyer shoving an argument under someone's nose and they have no way to retort back against it. It's like if someone drives into a building and the driver sues the establishment because they built it there.

From the first post I ever saw about Visual (when he said GCFTW allowed No Steam) I knew he was an idiot whose just mad his servers suck. Im not surprised he went to mud slinging right away, bet he watches Bill O'Reilly or some other FOX News show that highly advocates mud slinging.

If he truly has kids of his own, I feel deeply sad for them, for he is their father.

Sky

Yeah, he's a waste of oxygen.

@Jackiechan: He attacks your community because your server is highly successful. Also, doesn't he make attacks against you every time the server passes his in rank?