Freaking Starbucks...

Flitterkill

Sometimes I just don't get it. I mean, I get it - money, profit, etc. but when it drops quality...

Yes yes, burnt coffee, etc. Don't care. I don't go to Starbucks.

The coffee I drink is exclusively Starbucks Vanilla, store bought. Splashed with half/half and then doubled in volume with skim milk. A bit of sugar and my coffee flavored milk is good to go.

Six months ago they had Starbucks Natural Fusions Vanilla with ground vanilla beans and ground sarsaparilla. Brilliant.

They phased it out in favor of their standard Starbucks Vanilla, lost the sarasaparilla, kept the ground vanilla beans.

Fine, whatever.

Naturally that means it was all leading to them eliminating the ground vanilla beans in favor of "natural flavors".

And now the crap tastes like all the other fake vanilla crap coffee out there.

Which means I probably have to start making and grinding my own at home. I'd prefer the convenience of giving them my money. Seems they don't want it.

• Like 1

GC Board Member

Damn straight.

Imagine one of your favorite beers. Now imagine that they thought changing it to crap was a good idea.

It's an odd thing - probably worthy of more debate, but brands sometimes decide to cash in on their brand value, trash the product quality, and skate by on good will for teh profits.

They're gonna lose people along the way. Doubt they care.

Most of the time, a no-name company can make something, so they go to a major brand and offer to make said product and slap the brand logo on it. Its usually not the parent brand company that's making the product.

Edited by Cinkadeus

GC Board Member

As do I. With an Eko Brew Cup. Two to three times a day. Occasionally four. And it used to be filled with Starbucks Vanilla coffee.

When they dropped the sarsaparilla root from the original version I actually started looking around for where I could get the stuff to drop in; liquid, dry, whatever.

Now it looks I gotta roll coffee nerd-style and grind my own custom blend.

dunkin donuts is the best cheap coffee out there, but i don't trust coffee that comes with the follow up question "what kind of flavoring would you like?" that's like putting broccoli on pizza. you just don't do some things.

oh, keurigs? not exactly "fresh coffee." or even "real coffee."

GC Board Member

Watermelon, hard candy, red wine

Strawberry, bergamot, lemonade

Honey, fresh melon, cream

Brown sugar, figs, earth tones

Cranberry, cherry, and toffee

"what kind of flavoring would you like?"

Apparently if the coffee is hipster boutique, than that's alright, esp. if the "flavors" emerge from the roasting process.

Oh wait! They have a drip brewer instructions!

Oh wait.

A proper oxygen cleansed filter

Yeah.

Also, keep in mind I don't so much as drink coffee as I drink coffee-flavored milk.

dunkin donuts is the best cheap coffee out there, but i don't trust coffee that comes with the follow up question "what kind of flavoring would you like?" that's like putting broccoli on pizza. you just don't do some things.

oh, keurigs? not exactly "fresh coffee." or even "real coffee."

Hmm....I dunno, it's as fresh as any other vacuum sealed container of coffee that you buy in the store, and as far as real? I don't know what you mean by that, it's coffee.

Is it the best out there? No. But it fits my needs when I am trying to get out the door by 6:15 am, fills my travel mug perfectly with no clean up or waste...me likey.

And if you use the EkoBrew thingy that Fk posted...you can put anything you want in there. So other than that, I don't see how using a Keurig machine to make your cup of coffee differs from using any other machine...different means to the same end.

dunkin donuts is the best cheap coffee out there, but i don't trust coffee that comes with the follow up question "what kind of flavoring would you like?"

I don't dig flavored coffees anyways...I like it straight up, so I ain't skeered