Sponsors

Fatty

Chief, could you send one of your awesome letters to Alienware? Maybe try and swing them to sponsor us with something. (Cases? Whole Computers?)

That would be totally, like, AWESOME! ;)

Gunny

ROosTEr,Apr 27 2003, 12:06 AM] They don't.  As a matter of fact, several companies have stopped sponsoring LAN's for the simple fact that some people are just trying  to get free stuff.  Most companies require pics of people with the prizes they donated, etc...  Unfortunately, a few greedy people have ruined some of the LAN sponsorship market for the legit people.  :(

your right. At the huge HeadShot ENT. lan, after we took 3rd there, the had us hold up some Bawls logos's and stuff so they could take pictures and send them to the company.

LOL!!!

Radiation Safety Officers!!! nice job Chief! thanks for throwin my chosen profession out there! :lol:

With that letter I wouldn't be surprised if they hired you as a PR Rep or something!

• 2 months later...

When I sent these things in a while back it said please allot up to 5 weeks of time for a response...well that came and went and I got a response from only Nvidia who did send me something...it was worthless...a book to order crap to use as prizes at the LAN...well that unfortunately costs money...

So...in conclusion I would like to say that I am just bringing what I have for prizes, my department at Walmart (electronics) just had a sale on everything and I have been picking up a few things here and there for really really cheap (like $0.25 - $2.00) for something that is worth well over $10-$25...I figure...hey I only spend $10 and get a few joysticks, games, and other stuff...

I have a poster from Nvidia that I also got, that was sponsored...woo.......hooo?

Gunny

Well, I'll put some plugs up for the sponsors that I have gotten involved for this event.

For all your copying needs:

Akron Kinkos (330) 376-2679 : ask for Steph, identify with Fr4gF3st 03' for special pricing.

Kinkos is making us a 3' x 5' banner, plus other possibilities (Fr4gF3st mouspads, stickers...)

For any telephone and data network needs:

Fineline Communications (330) 405-4761 : ask for Curt

Fineline is doing all the CAT5 wiring for this event.

For any Hardware(PC/Server/Mainframe) or Consulting needs:

Foresight Technology Group (440) 717-1300 : ask for Victor Lane

FTG is supplying us with 4 Indians tickets, 25$ GC to D i c ks, 50$ GC to D i c ks, and 1 Polover shirt

If you are in the greater Cleveland area, and have any of the above needs, please give something back to these companies as they have made commitments to make this event the best it can.

Thanks!!