Sponsors

Fatty

I've seen many of you talking about applying for some sponsors and equipment. Many thanks for your efforts. Let's combine the various threads by posting here if you are pursuing a sponsor, who it is, and what you're after.

I don't know if this will help fatty, but I help put on a LAN every semester here at school, and even though I can't be a part of the upcoming LAN, I can list some sponsors we have successfully gotten in the past few semesters. Just let me know.

^ Post the names up, some of us will look them up.

As for sponsers, all I can think up right now is Bawls, someone else mentioned them.

But I was also thinking of Red Bull since I know the local distrubutor (my spelling sucks like your game)

but Red Bull is pretty anal, but I plan to bring plenty of Jager (Jager bombs) so Ill talk to him and see what he says. (I was thinking of making a Red Bull computer to apease the gods)

Basically I have been heading up the sponsor team. If anyone else has any other possible sponsors send me a PM with a link to their site. I would like to fill out apps ASAP.

So far I have recieved conformation from one sponsor: Nvidia! They will be sending a LAN sponsorship "kit" to my house before the LAN. They might even send a video card or two!

I also sent applications to Bawlz, Antec, and Adept Computers.

Gunny

Don't know what these guys do for sponsering stuff, but this is the site that Stealth and I got our computers from.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/home.htm

whoa one of my machines is from Cyber Power too. I was too lazy/busy when I needed a new machine that time. Most of my machines over the years were home built but the last one was from them :P Thats crazy :)

They don't. As a matter of fact, several companies have stopped sponsoring LAN's for the simple fact that some people are just trying to get free stuff. Most companies require pics of people with the prizes they donated, etc... Unfortunately, a few greedy people have ruined some of the LAN sponsorship market for the legit people. :(

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

so if i wanted a mouse pad...eh...nah just kidding im not that cheap and dont want to spoil it for everyone else....thx for clarifying that concetp (another spell check plz)

Supposedly Raid 1.5 gives you the benifit of striping and mirroring with just 2 drives instead of four. Not sure exactly how this is done, you might lose some HD space. But i just got some of these in at work yesterday and i plan on messing with them. So i'll look more into into and let ya know.

(edited)
Hi, First the praise, then the questions. I recently built a brand new machine from newegg.com using 256MB PC2700 222 - Black Hi Perf Level II. Actually, I started off with Kingston memory and my machine just wasn¡¦t happy. Did my research and ordered two sticks of your stuff. Wow! Stability and several hundred benchmark points without changing a single BIOS setting!

I¡¦m on the Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo so I have one free slot just calling for another stick of your mojo.

First question: Will my DDR board require me to use the same size stick, or can I go with a 512MB chip? If I can get a larger one, does it matter which slot I stick it in for max performance/stability? Either way, I need another stick, I just want to know if I can get the 512, or if I¡¦d be better off going with another 256. I¡¦ll order this one from you guys since I¡¦m not getting all the other stuff ƒº .

Second question: I am a member of DOH gaming guild (Defenders of Honor), primarily a Counter Strike team, but also into BF42 and the Desert Combat modification. The online community we are a part of consists of several guilds that have been active in CAL-o and CAL-i as well as running a community recreational league. Our community, after about three years had its first national LAN last summer¡XFragfest. August 15, 16, 17 Fr4gF3st 2, Return of the Geeks will be meeting at the Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. 50 members of the community are already signed up, some traveling from as far away as Washington state and Guam. The community consists of managers, business owners, consultants, radiation safety officers, I am on the faculty at Purdue University, other business professionals, as well as a mix of students in colleges across the nation and Canada. The age limit for the LAN is 18 and it will be a drug free gathering. My question is, does Mushkin participate in events of this nature or offer sponsorships? I know several members from a fellow team who have won Mushkin case badges. I¡¦m not sure of your organization¡¦s participation in these type of events, but we have a target audience that I think would be ideal for your products. Many in the community build computers and all of us are gamers willing to invest in hardware.

Here is a link to the Fragfest sign up and from there you can navigate around and see what you think. I would love to have Mushkin represented. Currently DFI has committed to providing their LANPARTY KT400A mobo, nVidia has sent a LAN party kit, and a Valve rep. said that a Beta of Half-Life 2 might be on its way for a multiplayer workout!

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...=ST&f=35&t=4318

My guild is:

http://www.dohguild.com

I am [DOH]Chief. Feel free to sign up on our forums, or join us in game!

Thanks for your time,

Jeremy Thompson

Continuing Lecturer

Department of Communication

http://www.sla.purdue.edu/academic/comm/St...y.html#thompson

Let's see what comes of this, eh? :ph34r:;)

I sent it from my Purdue account and that is the actual page to faculty and it has a link to my email and webpage so I'm hoping that they will know it's for real!

Edited by Chief