Banned

Ldiablo

I was banned earlier today ... no reason told, but i am familiar with the hate. I assuming i had a "name" that was a "bannable" offense because of a non-offensive name.. My cousin's account ... but i changed the name today... For some reason if u believe that is a legit reason then let me know. If you all truly think this is fair than so be it ...

Actually we're just correcting a mistake. IP matches you with amiT. FYI, the price to be unbanned is not $15 plus one copy of l4d2.

I'm sure zero can comment as well, since he was in-game at the time.

• Like 1

If you actually have some proof that you're not the same person, that you're really his cousin, I'll happily continue this in a PM and we can sort it out.

However, it seems strange that amiT was perma-banned on December 2nd, 2012, and your forum account was created December 10th, 2012.

• Like 1

lol no crap i created it ... my cousin wasnt part of this before i asked him. but like i said ur banning an account thats not mine seems to be unreasonable. If everyone changed their name to amit .. they should get banned?

I dont think u understand. I've been playing on and off here for over 6 months with my cousin and our behavior was fine ... until i changed my name. I dont comprehend how that makes sense to you, but to each is their own.

(edited)

Here's what I will say:

I looks like el diablo and Amit are related. I'm guessing Amit plays on his cousins because of the perma ban. So here's what I will say:

In the last 8 months el diablo hasn't had any problems that I have seen or that I can find on sourcebans. Now if at various times each has played they have both followed the rules.

Idk where to go from here. I mean do we ban someone who allows someone to play on his account who has a perma ban? Do we say don't allow it cause we couldn't really prove it you know.

I can say diablo is a good player and follows the rules and even if it was Amit at times you wouldn't have know bc they followed the rules.

Maybe we discuss Amit's possible return if he apologizes for this past actions? Idk just throwing it out there.

This is a new thing to me so not really sure how we go about it. Other than letting someone play who wasn't allowed (not saying its okay) I can't see banning diablo when he does follow the rules in place.

EDIT: After seeing what Yoshi posted and finding all the facts out, allowing someone to play that is disrespectful and doesn't follow the rules isn't right. And I agree with San' comment.

Edited by chick82
  • Like 1

I'll chime in because I was present and was the person who asked for the ban/kick. Diablo was drunk, his own admission not my assumption, and being disruptive. He was constantly talking boarding mic spamming, even after I asked him to stop. He was insulting other players and swearing as well. Zero was present but I don't think he had been paying attention so I shot him a PM asking for a kick or ban. I have no idea as to whether or not this was actually ElDiablo or if it was amit. However after he was banned he did shoot me a PM threatening to hack me and zero. Whoever was in the game at the time of the ban has no business returning. But I'm not an admin just telling the story.

Edited by BlackYoshi
  • Like 2

If i may put my 2¢ in. I think the account should be banned regardless of who it is. If Amit is perm. Ban then it was most likely for a reason. I don't think anyone would just ban him for no reason. If he is playing on your account Diablo and you knowingly let him use your account then you should be banned as well. Nothing personal against you but I think that is wrong for you to do. I know you from L4D2 and you are a great player and help out the team a lot but that doesn't change the fact that your letting someone with a perm. ban play on your account knowingly.

If Amit wanted to play so badly he should have just came back to the forum and apologize for what he did in the past and see if they could put him on some probationary period to show that he has changed. Like i said it's nothing against you but actions have to be taken when rules are being broken.

Edited by blqmagic
  • Like 1

(edited)

Ok I will try this again from a keyboard. Last night we were playing the finale on death toll I believe and in comes AMIT / LDiablo. Several people commented that they thought this person had been banned from the server. I was ignorant of the circumstances so after the finale, we started a new map (no mercy I think). I immediately put myself into spec to see what was going on. I was in chat with Admins, Board Members, and the forums to find out what was going on. It appeared that either Amit and LDiablo were either the same person, LDiablo / Amit created a new steam ID and bought another copy of L4D, or or one was using another's account. While researching this information I received a PM from Black Yoshi stating that Amit / LDiablo was in game swearing, being belligerent to his teammates. Now first off as an admin I am not going to ban or kick anyone just because another player wants me too, however I have been playing with some of you for months or years. When a player I respect makes those types of indictments I am gonna look into it and make the most informed decision that I can at that moment. I immediately went back into my gaming window and just listened and watched for about two minutes. In those two minutes I could hear Amit / LDiablo swearing on mic, being disrespectful to his teammates and borderline griefing. On those circumstances alone I decided to ban him. In addition to the fact, but beside the point, it sounds as if this player tried to illegitimately return to the game server or hijack someone else's ID at best. I don't take banning lightly. I understand new people sometimes are ignorant of the rules in our server, and I will patiently correct a new person who is breaking them so long as they take steps to comply with our rules of the server. This is not the case with this player. They were aware of the rules and they broke several of them, several times. I noticed members were asking him to stop nicely and he made no attempts to comply. This ruins the game for both sides and we come here because we enjoy the server and the people in it.

Edited by zero0

(edited)

I was banned earlier today ... no reason told, but i am familiar with the hate. I assuming i had a "name" that was a "bannable" offense because of a non-offensive name.. My cousin's account ... but i changed the name today... For some reason if u believe that is a legit reason then let me know. If you all truly think this is fair than so be it ...

If you actually have some proof that you're not the same person, that you're really his cousin, I'll happily continue this in a PM and we can sort it out.

However, it seems strange that amiT was perma-banned on December 2nd, 2012, and your forum account was created December 10th, 2012.

Kind of hard to tell who I am talking to at this point... apologize to your cousin for me, but both of these accounts are staying banned. The reasons are the same as the last time, your behavior still sucks.

You were banned for your behavior on this specific occasion, for repeatedly breaking rules you were well aware of regardless of what name you use. I gave all of the rope you could ask for and you hung yourself with it.

Edited by zero0

I was also in the server during this situation last night. It is hard for me to argue with the things above. But I will say, I have been playing with Diablo since his account was created, I have chatted with him a lot, and I can not remember ever seeing any type of problem from him. Last night we were chatting in steam chat and it was a bit confusing. I think he was drunk and he just had it in his head that he should behave poorly and get kicked/banned. I really don't know why. I have seen people act much worse on the server, but he definitely wasn't himself, and he definitely was pushing the limits. I like him, again this is the only time since last December, that I have seen him cause any problem. I not disagree with the admins on banning and kicking people for poor behavior, on the contrary it is necessary to keep a nice place to play a computer game, but maybe he can talk to Biggs, and try to explain himself fully (when he is sober).

I've already said what I needed to say involving ElDiablo/Amit/Montequilla to the admins, but they do have a point. It really doesn't matter if he's been fine the last few months or not. He either was aMit and made a new account after he got banned, or by some coincidence amit's cousin signed up right after he was banned, and all along it's been eldiablo (a cousin) until recently. The point is if you let someone who's been banned from this community and the games it hosts onto your own account to play, then you deserve the same punishment.

It may seem a little harsh judging from your reactions of eldiablo being a good player, but he broke the rules by letting amit play (or he just got too comfortable because it actually IS amit and figured he was in the clear). But as a member you should know the rules and know what acceptable behavior is and isn't. I don't believe what was described was acceptable behavior.

Now many admins on here are forgiving, as long as you admit to mistakes and apologize, but eldiablo showed no regard for the rules in-game, nor has he shown any remorse on this thread.

I would actually like that comment. Apparently if i log into bigg's account he should be banned as well by his logic. <3 u too

common sense isn't common anymore ... apparently its rare

lol no crap i created it ... my cousin wasnt part of this before i asked him. but like i said ur banning an account thats not mine seems to be unreasonable. If everyone changed their name to amit .. they should get banned?

I dont think u understand. I've been playing on and off here for over 6 months with my cousin and our behavior was fine ... until i changed my name. I dont comprehend how that makes sense to you, but to each is their own.

I don't see an apology or admission of mistakes anywhere. I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of bounds because I'm not an admin (and yes I do know that if we weren't involved we shouldn't be posting on this thread [sorry]), but I AM a GC member (pending repayment), and I should be concerned with an issue like this because it DOES affect mine and others' gameplay and takes enjoyment away from the game having to deal with people who don't care about rules or the mistreating of others. I'm glad Biggs did what he did because he's right, GC should just wipe their hands clean of this mess and move on to other important things, like commenting on my thread about meeting Jessica Nigri...or playing a game because it should be fun, and not a job (thanks to people like Amit).

• Like 1