Time reduction for accidental buy protection from 3s to 1.5s

Bot

3 seconds is too long in my opinion. There are many occasions where I get tripped up because of the 3 second rule. I think 1.5 seconds is plenty long enough to prevent an accidental rebuy.

• Like 1

Bot

If it was reduced to 1.5 seconds, some people would be able to spam things like fireworks...

I think 3 seconds is good, but otherwise my vote would go for 5 seconds.

I rarely buy fireworks and almost never buy biles.

Agree with Bot. Three second buy protection has never once stopped me from spamming fireworks and biles to my hearts content. The protection is to conserve points, which it does a good job of but I have also had my fair share of issues with it.

Goes to show a time increase would be more beneficial.

I agree that 3s is more than long enough to prevent accidental rebuys. I've found the cooldown occasionally prevents me from deliberately healing in fast succession as SI, but this is the only time it's been a problem for me.

• Like 1

Bot

But that's just you...think of the hundreds of other players who use the !buy system.

The point I was trying to make is that the 3s protection is a poor method of controlling fireworks and bile spamming. Fireworks spamming happens all the time regardless of the 3s rule and you're rarely going to need another bile 3s after you bought the first one.

It interferes with way more aspects of the game. It prevents healing as and SI in rapid succession. When I'm running with a teammate and buy an adrenaline, pass it on, and try to buy one for myself, that momentary pause can prevent you from taking the shot.

Bot

The accidental buy protection is more for if the player accidentally presses the rebuy button more than they wanted to.

I think 1.5s is long enough to prevent that from happening. What are your thoughts?

Bot
(edited)
Wait. Wait wait wait. I can heal as a charger when I'm smashing somebody?!?! How many points?!?!

Heal for regular SIs cost 3 points. It can be worth it for the charger. I also like to heal in rapid succession when I'm jockeying and pouncing. There have been numerous occasions when the buyer protection has prevented me from landing a final hit to incapacitate.

It can be a decent pay off when you heal to incap and then you inflict enough damage to recoup your points lost. The insta-kill headshots still get you though :/

Edited by Bot

Huh, didn't know there was a buy protection for buying biles and fireworks. The heal timer should go down for the SI as I do spam that heal button a lot as a charger. I rather take that risk of 6 points deficit to make sure that survivor gets incapped/charged away so my teammates can whale on her/him. 2 seconds is good enough to prevent it being from abuse and perhaps a threshold point increase for every consecutive heal for that spawn duration only. The point increase is in case the charger got his hands on a survivor with another incapped survivor next to him shooting with his pistol, so that he can actually kill him without the charger healing infinitely.

some are already spamming heals as charger not with the !rebuy command, and it's annoying :mad:

Wait. Wait wait wait. I can heal as a charger when I'm smashing somebody?!?! How many points?!?!

the menu_select bind i think, and it costs like reguar heal points