Tank Health

JackieChan

Should Tank Health Be An Upgrade  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This would be a Survivor upgrade.  When this is bought, say for 20 points, it would make the Tank change colors based on it's current HP: 100% (green), 50% (yellow) and 25% (red) like when a Survivor is red when they're black and white.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

I like the idea, I voted yes

I agree though, I don't think people will spend 20 points on it (unless they are already doing well and have points to burn, but then they don't really need the benefit of it).  It would probably have to be lowered.

Is there anyway to add a buy option for infected to upgrade the tanks? (health, damage, speed, reduce bile effects, etc)

Definetly would like to see infected get more things to buy in the 20-40 point range.  Maybe do what tainted said, but have it be tier based like the hordes and witches on respawn.  So 20 points, tank health start at 8k then 30 points tanks health starts at 9k and move faster when on fire.

I agreed 20 pt is a bit cheap, because this upgrade will make it harder to play as a tank. If we were to put this in, then we definitely need power upgrade for infected.

I want an upgrade that if a boomer melee a survivor, it will punch them 100 ft away like that other L4D2 server has.

I don't really like the idea, I think for 20 points it's kind of cheap as well. If there are 2 tanks then everyone will focus on the one with lower hp. I find it already difficult enough to tank in a full server with biles being so cheap. I'd like to see bile cost more, maybe 8-10 points instead of 6. 

I want an infected upgrade that makes the tank slightly faster and stronger if it's on fire   Say, a base 25% increase to movement and attack speed if it's burning, 25 points to buy?

YES!!!

NO to tank color changes.  

Also, how about achievement for getting scratched to death by boomer, jockey, or spitter?  Or maybe boomer only... 

I haven't voted yet. There is a serious question that needs to be addressed before you decided whether or not to make this upgrade. Try not to see this in only one instance. For example: Almost everyone at one time or another should receive the script tank the choice to play or pass is left to the individual. So for those who don't normally buy tanks how difficult is it for to try and tank while being insta-permanently blinded by boomer bile? One can imagine if you aren't very good at it or comfortable it's probably the most embarrassing/ terrible experience of GC L4D2 gaming.. How about another example: You know those stacked games? That no one seems to ever mention that probably take up about 75% of all game time on the server.. How well do tanks fair then while being blinded and lite most of the times before they even commit or can make it to a hit-able.. That's assuming there is a hit-able present. My point is simply if there is going to be a buff for survivors to see the tanks health (which by all means I completely disagree with (takes away from the competitive edge of the game), then there has to be a counter balance. Bile should be Nerf'd substantially in duration of time that it blinds you and the cost significantly raised. Everyone has their own ideas on price, but I feel bile should take a conscious decision to buy. On should have to consider the effects on his/ her points for buying bile. So what's Gandalf's magic number? 20 - 25 points a bile.

Wth!! No way that'll fly you say. Well let's consider the facts.

1) No one buys bile unless there is a tank present

2) The only reason why people pick up bile on the maps where the infected drop them is for the tank/s

3) Joe Smoe who doesn't ask for points while incapped/ who will lay on the ground and die buys bile for tanks

4) There is a trend here.. Bile is bought for tanks

5) Your opinions please? I thought there has to be nay sayers who will claim they buy bile for other reasons..

6) Will you really believe these people?

If everyone can see the tanks health, and it's low they will hound it. Essentially you take away a good or bad players ultimate card.. Deception. Is he running to lure you.. Or is it almost dead.

Comments please 

Edited by EliteGandalf
  • Like 4

Disable bile purchases when Tanks are alive?  This way it doesn't totally remove bile from play, but makes it so you prepare ahead of time, or wait until the next wave of Tanks are bought.  The downside of this would be people would be constantly checking to see if bile is disabled when Tanks are bought and unannounce/tank limit unannounce are bought...although some workaround could be done in that situation.

I'm good with balancing Tanks vs Bile.

Disable bile purchases when Tanks are alive?  This way it doesn't totally remove bile from play, but makes it so you prepare ahead of time, or wait until the next wave of Tanks are bought.  The downside of this would be people would be constantly checking to see if bile is disabled when Tanks are bought and unannounce/tank limit unannounce are bought...although some workaround could be done in that situation.

I'm good with balancing Tanks vs Bile.

I like this idea

I think bile and mollys should both be 10, but I dont think bile is even that strong.  Its only good if the tank is lit, but if he's not he can just run away.  The only thing I dont like about it, is you get hit by it even if wasn't near you, so its pretty much impossible to dodge. 

If this upgrade happens, I would like to see a scripted tank on every map, just to slow the survivors down so people can get heal points.  Sometimes ill be at 1k hp as tank and close to heal, so i run away and try to throw rocks to get it, but if the survivors could see I'm low they would just push me and easily kill me before I get my heal.

Edited by VivaLaBrandon

Scripted Tanks should already be happening every map...it's just a matter of a team actually reaching it.  Although, I think the "flow" setting I had it set to wasn't guaranteeing it to happen in some cases.  The way the server has it set up is scripted Tanks spawn in from anywhere between 25% of the map to the end.  I think making the "versus_boss_flow_max" number smaller, like 75% of the map is a better way to go.

Thing is though, I'm not sure if when the director spawns in a Witch, it affects scripted Tank spawns by the director also... I know it does on finales because it's one or the other before the finale starts.

@Jackie     Disabling bile purchasing while tanks are present could work. At-least for a moment. I'm pretty sure bile would be bought upon "Sky Diver or Stomach Acid" achievements by people after that is put into effect. I can't pretend to know everything, but I play a lot so I have an insight on how people play the game now-a-days. Bile has always been bad for business. Thus "exploit add ons" were created. Everyone hates being boomed as survivors. Whether or not bile can be bought while a tank is present is not the issue to me. "Buying it is" tanks destroyed (not necessarily mine/ but not excluding myself) because plebs spam 6 point biles at the tanks. 50 point tanks held to null effect because of bile spam. It's a decision made to buy the bile without consequence. Explosive ammo for the team that allows you to shred tanks 18 points... It's a team decision. Many times people pool points to purchase and make a conscious decision to work to together. You sacrifice a "full heal" so that the team can work together. Just my opinion anyways.. If the tank color does pass might I suggest infected given a menu option to "Unannounced Achievements". To give both sides some sort of buff. 

@Merc     I can't speak for everyone, but as far as my opinion goes... I'd give up the ability to see which survivors are black and white to leave the tanks how they are.

I don't think script tanks spawn every round, but I've never really paid attention and didn't know they were suppose to. I'm pretty I can re-watch some of my games and produce demos where there are zero tanks. Parish map 1 for sure. If a tank isn't bought I'm certain they don't spawn.

Unannouncing achievements is not going to happen.  Stocking up on bile when players get high-point achievements is a risk.  You're making your throwable very situational whereas pipe bombs/molotovs are infinitely more useful in non-Tank situations.  People don't always have to buy Tanks right when they get the points to do so...and I'm not sure why so many people do.  I don't mind increasing the bile bomb cost, but not up to 20-25 points.  Since I incorporated server-side item purchasing stats (remember that google docs thing I posted a while back?), vomit jars were purchased a total of 29,814 times whereas molotovs 139,348 and pipe bombs a shocking 3,977 times (not surprising since people just buy gas cans to disperse hordes)

Also, red Survivors on black and white was put in there to let Survivor's know they're teammates are black and white, so that's not going to change either.

And yeah, No Mercy 5 is also a map in which the Tank doesn't spawn in.  Thank Valve for their laziness. 

:D all valid points. I'm simply stating my opinions. Not necessarily trying to push an agenda. I'm just interested on it being fair.

Rule #1 if you're going to sell something always start with a high number. Do you watch Pawn Stars Jackie? Lol. I'm aware 20 - 25 points may be unreasonable, but I'm not sure where the median is. Not quite sure what is a fair number, luckily for me what is fair isn't left for me decide.

I remember seeing this google doc a while ago. Is it public record? I'm interested to see tanks bought versus bile. I can't seem to find it. This has mostly to do with me being a forum noob and not having the patients to dig. Could someone link it if possible..