Memory after concussion..

Jeffe

Playing baseball, dodgeball, riding your bike, and football having fun with your sports you play with your friends, family, or league in sports. When a deadly thing if a ball hits you in the head, you get tackled hard, or you fall off your bike and hit your head. When this happens 50% you will get a concussion and matters where you get hit too. What im trying to say and i've been pondering is when you get a concussion.. Will your life be over? and you start a new one? Will you be a new person and will you be you? Will the love ones you once had be gone? When you get a cuncussion will you be the person you once were..... Will you remember?

i've had 14 concussions in the past 2 years in various places (i got them from lots of stuff.. like from falling down and escolator to getting kicked in the head at a concert) I have a bit of memory loss, but i can't tell if its from drugs or the concussions.. but I'm fine! I've always been the same person. Bruising of the brain really can't hurt u that much. U feel foggy and dumb for about a month until it heals.. but i haven't had one in about in at least a month or two, and my best friend (who's been my friend for life, i literally met her in the hospital cause she's about 4 hours older then me) said i haven't changed a bit, cept im a little weirder, and a bit more random.. but i think thats the drugs. 8P)o0o

When you get a concussion you have memory loss.... There is minor and head loss... Im trying to say if you get a concussion and all your memory is gone will you be a new person and start over?

hmmm i dont know about the rest of you but to me this seems like a slightly pointless topic. looks like we are a little hard up for topics to come up with stuff like this. aand no you dont always get memory loss when you get a concussion. i got a concussion when i was mountain biking one time and i can remember everything leading up to when i flipped the bike and waht happened during the accident and what happened afterwards at the hospital i can even remember the name of the doctor that put the staples in my head and howmany i got and all that good stuff. so no there isnt always memory loss. (this topic sounds like something that should be in wonderland)

S.S.

Man I am am King concussion, or King accident. Well I used to be anyway. I have had too many concussions to count or remember anyway. The only time I ever experienced any loss of memeory was if it made me blackout aka knocked out cold. Even then you remember almost everything up to the KO. The weirdest feeling is right after taking a good headshot, fighting off the feeling to black out.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember this one football game, our punt returner got creamed just after catching the ball.. He hardly knew his name.. he was pretty dazed. it took him a while to shake it off. He sat out the rest of the game. Concussions come in all shapes and sizes. They can kill you. So yeah, it's possible that after one you wont be the same person. To say for sure, I dont think anyone knows.. WE just dont know enough about how our brain actually works. I also know a girl who got in a bad car accident. I dont know if it was considered a concussion, but after many surgeries and whatnot, she's functional, but definitely not the "same person". She remembers some stuff, but I know she lost quite a bit. Will her brain repair itself and she be able to regain some of what she lost? Most likely. Will she ever be the same person she was? No. Is she a "new person"? not really.. more like a shaky and unsure version of what she was. A very confident, opinionated person. kinda sad.

i remember one concert i got kneed in the head by a crowd surfer, felt a little dizzy.. then one elbowed me in the same spot in the head, i couldn't stand for a second.. and then the next one kicked me in the same spot again! in the head (i guess) and next thing i remember is waking up on the floor the merch room. (if anyone has been to the webster the purple room is called the merch room) my boyfriend and i were in the front of this place and it was crowed as hell. I have no idea how he managed to carry me all the way to the back but i can't remember a thing of that. For a couple days after that i couldn't remember most of the concert and after a couple nights of good sleep i could remember everything! picture perfect.

the next one i got after that was falling down an escalator :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Concusion can cause memory loss and do some quiet strange things actually. My brother suffered a concusion while playing baseball. He's a catcher and had on of those increadible home-plate crashes during a game. He got the out and then was second up to bat in the next inning. He batted and scored before the inning was out. Then, several minutes later, he started feeling strange and they decided he may have had a concusion. He was taken to the hospital and on the way there was talking with my dad. Strange thing is he had no memory of the second half of the inning. He remember getting hit and then feeling sick, but not batting. Even to this day he doesn't remember the time between when he got hit and when he started feeling sick. In his mind, it's almost like it never happened.