I want a public apology from Smoke

DJ Premier

I want a public apology from Smoke for changing his name to "Mav is a nublet" for almost an entire de_dust map time. Not only did he do this but ignored pleads from Mav to change his name.

Mav is a respected member of this community and should be treated with the same level of respect he gives you all. Not only does this go against every major rule in this community, he offended a player that has never offended another player in this community since he started playing here many years ago.

You whine about fun game play in your previous post but you insult others and the significance of your own post by doing this act of stupidity the very next day after you post about fun game play. Not only have you lost my respect but I assure you that you will not be taken seriously by any DOH member.

Btw, he was wearing the ".BR" extension to his name. What a crock.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

plz dont ban me for saying this...but what an donkey burrow!!!!

lol thats funny what it change a-hole to :rolleyes:

Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guests

Mav isn't a nublet???? :P I'm more of a niblet kinda guy myself, HO HO HO Greeeen Giant, love those corn niblets.

Smoke, acting like an anus (swear filter be darned!) to seriously nice people like Mav is not the way to endear yourself to this great community.

Now Zeab, Bart and Fat, they deserve it, the nublet-est players in the game :lol:

Has anyone seen my penguin?

yeah dude thats not cool, i myself have notice that you post one thing but then do another in the server..... you are going to earn yourself a bad rep if you dont watch it here......as for nublets... what is this nublet u speak of? :blink:

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

golly gee!!

i was messing with him after we tked each other and tempers were raised!

my name was that way for maybe 5 rounds!

after that i changed it to several other names (which all were in someway were making light of what my first name was, and letting him know it was in fun) and continued to tell him i was sorry.

i don't beleive he even once asked me to change it. the only thing i saw was when DJ said somethign to me, and then i did change my name.

and for u to even say that has anything to do with "BR", me thinks u should put your reading glasses on and reread what BR means.

smoke :ph34r:

Mav was visibly upset as he asked you to change your name. He even asked for admin assistance in case someone was on RCON monitoring the server (since no Mmmm was there at the time). There seems to have been several witnesses to this.

Anyways, I'm through with this conversation. You can either apologize to him or not. It's really your call. I have made my demand and I'll let it take its course.

As for the BR thing, it is my belief that the "spirit" of BR is to improve gameplay and fun for all by playing as a team and being considerate to others, such as when teams are stacked.

Making fun of people violates the "spirit" of what you call "BR" by reducing fun gameplay.

Sigh.

I am through with you. Begone!

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I've never even spoken to u.

I never saw anyone ask me to change my name, cept you when u said something, and then I did. I apologized to him several times, in a good natured way because I didn't think it was anythign to get all worked up about. I'm not quite sure why your making such a stink about this. I changed my name several times, asking him not to be angry with me. as to a public apology, I will say this.

I did in no way intend to make Mav in anyway that upset, I was unhappy with the turn of events in one round of play, and expressed that in my name change, i thusly changed my names several times asking him not to be angry, mad, whatever. to this point I have not seen Mav say anything.

just you critisizing my behavior and asking for an apology. I think if this was a big deal maybe he would have said something (though I'm sure he will now that I have pointed this out).

In no way did my name change effect the play of the game, unless it was getting him so angry he couldn't see straight. Thusly I hold to my comment about this having nothing to do with "BR".

I think if you wish to waste my time and others with such nonsense in the future, I will not partake in it.

for all I see from you are gross exaggerations.

when have I ever been taking seriously by anyone here?

personally I think MAV being a respected member of the community and such, he should know as well as anyone else that he is no nublet. I'm still not quite sure why your getting so worked up about this, if someone calls me a nublet, and many do, I laugh, cause i know im not. the same if someone calls me anything I don't think I am, unless of course they are a friend and they mean it.

I really don't like you DJ premier. so please

go away or kill me in game, whatever floats your boat. but don't make things into more then they are, cause to me, it just makes u sound silly

Smoke :ph34r:

DJ Premier, you're looking for trouble and a cause to whine here. Smoke didn't do anything to you, and it apparently didn't bother this Maverik. You can maintain the facade that you're speaking out for the greater good of the community or honor or whatnot, but all you're doing is whining and instigating. If you want a public apology from Smoke for not doing anything, you're setting your own maturity back a decade or two.

Wow....hambone i dont recall ever seeing a Fall3N member brought up in this convo until you posted....hmmm must not be our business.....unless of course you were there...which you didnt mention....

Good deal DJ.....i would do the same for any of my clanmates, and i hope they would all do the same for each other as well.....cheers

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

I am 100% with DJ on this... insults come in the eye of the beholder - one thing you see as a good natured joke may be taken seriously by another person (within reason) and it is YOUR job to not have that happen. If somebody takes offense to you calling them a name, you best not call them that name. If somebody takes offense to something you do (within reason), you best stop doing it and at the very least, not do it while they are around. I can see what you're saying Smoke, you didn't think it did any harm, thought it was a joke in good fun - but it wasn't to the other party so the feelings were not mutual. I am darn thankful that we have people like DJ around here to stand up in things like this and not be passive... but I am disgusted to see a post like yours Hambone... I'm truly sorry to say it, you being a respected community member... but that's just horrendous.

--TaPe

Yessss Have Fun in the Game Zeabos, meaning when someone calls you a name in jest, you have fun and laugh it off.. Especially after they call you a couple more funny names.. Ever heard that "I wouldnt mess with ya if I idnt like ya?). Or get mad and start banning which is apparently what you would have done.. That dosent sound like too much fun to me.. Then again, i'm a different kind of admin.. I build friendship and goodwill through tolerance. In which I think alot of ppl could take a refresher course on. Wow. Some of you'se are taking this waaaaay too seriously.. What do you want, smoke banned or what? Seeing he was such a big jerk in this case... Geeze. Can someone say close topic?! lol

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

because I am not entirely sure that everyone can see the flamewar forum

I will repost this

However in respect to Mav, who it seems is very well respected in the community and from his comment

"DJ, I dont want reserved slots on fox if it means that it will kick people off when I want to play".

he does truely sound like a nice guy. I will apologize this once, for changing my name to razz another player. assuming of course he was offended in the first place.

Mav, If I offended you in any way, shape, or form. From turning my name into "mav is a nublet". Please accept my apology.

Smoke

I wasn't there and so I won't make any comments about the situation.

I do, however, know that tolerance is good, respect is a must, and fun is essential.

I also think that that flower blossoming is waaay too sexy. Maude Lebowski would really like it, too.

Chief

Does the word make you uncomfortable, Mr. Lebowski?

8P)