Question for Christians

Guest zerodamage

hmmm.....missed a lot....let me address a few things that stood out to me in the previous posts.

Sexual immorallity, wrong. Think we agree on that. However, what is sexual immorallity? Dunno. I don't want to sound like a hippie here, but really, it isn't our place to judge things like whether oral sex is wrong.

Smoking, drinking, drugs... as Ben Harper put it, "what's from the earth is of the greatest birth. " I don't totally agree with that, but so long as it's not controlling your life, and ruining your relationships with those close to you, I think there are other things God is more concerned about.

About your aunt, Watch...sad story. I can't tell you if she's in heaven or not. There is a verse that may help though. I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly where it is, Hebrews, I think. It states that those men and women who did not know God (in the old testament) but knew what was right in their hearts and followed it, to them it was counted as righteousness.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crow I agree.

I've been talking with my father in law and I was telling him the funny thing about us as people is that we really don't need the bible to tell us what is good and bad. We don't need the law. Surely if we had no 10 commandments we would know in our hearts that murder is wrong. God will judge us. We don't need some radical doctrine to point out to us when were not doing things out of love. I totally agree about watch's aunt. I am saying "shes in heaven!" there aint no way in hades someone will convince me that she followed the teaching of Jesus "love one another as much as you love yourself" and say ahhhhh no shes burning for eternity for her love. HEAK NO! God will look at her heart and thats bottom line.

Auggy

• 2 weeks later...

Can people who are commatose from birth and serverly handicapped in other ways be saved?

I figure since im leaving the commmmmunity in a few days I'd like to hear what everyone has to say on another topic.

Edited by jane

There is a thing talked about in circles called "age of accountability" (I think that is the phrase). It is the age at which a person is able to acknowledge between right and wrong. This age is different for every individual. It is widely accepted that those that die before reaching this "age of accountability" are not held responsible for any "sins" they committed and go to heaven (for lack of a better phrase). One exception that I can think of is the Catholic belief that children who die but have not been "christened" (baby baptism) are not able to enter heaven. Not sure if this puts them in purgatory or what.

we all sin but God will judge as he sees fit. as for age of accountability, I've not yet been able to find that in the scriptures. I thinks its a way we treat our conscience. I do think babes and handicapped people will be judged fairly by God and thus be saved. But I'm a flippin liberal when it comes to bible:)

I just don't see how we can say "IT MUST BE SCRIPTUAL" and then preach age of accountability.

God will do what God wants to do. I say he loves em and saves em.

Jane, your splitting man? I'm kinda bummed.:(

Auggy

"The problem with this theory is that it is based upon the logical processes of fallen human thought, and is a perverse twisting of God's law for the sake of what seems right in our own eyes. There is nothing in God's law that says man must fully understand sin, before it is actually sin. On the contrary, this doctrine is both un-biblical and self serving, for it presupposes unrighteously that sin must first be recognized as sin before it is actually accountable. Nothing in scripture supports such a thesis."

From something I just read on the 'net. So the age of accountability dosen't work for me, nor should it for any devout christian.

ANd yeah, I didn't think about it when I read your post but Jane, where ya goin? U can't leave us yet! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't doubt they move but because they move does not mean they were all perhaps there were 50 continents and many and have now met???

Just thinking about some things and was digging through this thread.. I feel like addressing this. Basically where the plates/continents/landmasses "meet" there are distinct "things" happening. Like one is being force under the other.. Or the two are pushing against one another and making mountains. Here's a good link depicting what happened. http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/vwless...ea/Pangea1.html