starting to get sick of dust :-)

ncc

I have tried to keep myself bottled up about this, but couldn't anymore :)

I think we need like a revolution of new maps that will become classics years from now.

We have been playing dust for like 5 years now, right? It's gotten a bit old for me, anyway.

Lately, I've found myself logging off whenever I see:

nextmap:

de_dust

It's probably just me being stubborn cuz I'm sick of playing dust. I still admit that dust is a classic and great map. We've had a ton of great matches, scrims, and pure good times on dust. I've gotten quite a few multiple nade kills on it myself. I just think it's time for it to retire. Five years in cstrike time is like 25 years in real life; so like, dust should be in a nice big house getting retirement checks or pension or something. :D For all you die-hard dust fans, I apologize.

I know we have dust2 and all, but to me it seems like we've been playing it a long time too.

Ok I'm done rambling, but here's something that made me think about it ;)

2muchdust.jpg

What do you guys think? I would prefer to see Valve release more NEW official maps, rather than redoing cobble, etc.

I hear ya. Seems like for a while it was "put on dust to fill the server" and it worked. I still think Train is my favorate map. That and vetigo. Maybe you should just pick some old, not often played maps when your on the server.

What was that map that was basically dust with the additional building on the other side of the tunnel? de_dawn or something? It at least added a little more to dust.

I've been thinking this for a long time.....there are ALOT of great maps out there (sure not everyone is gonna agree on what's great) that don't get played alot.

inferno, train, vertigo, storm, piranesi, ESTATE! People NEVER play estate anymore....that map is SO FUN with small to mid size teams and teamwork.....and it's how CS was meant to be played IMHO.

Next time you are at the polls.. Be sure to VOTE YES on proposition as_oilrig :D Just kidding. Even though I do like that map and it makes for some fun times. I really would like to see more maps such as de_nuke, de_piranesi, DE_MUSUEM!!! I mean come on.. what is better than Musuem?!?! Just something about a map where you can make your enemy fall 60 feet to their deaths. :)

tell you what, im gonna rewrite mantis's mapcycle...i have a ton of maps on there, so lets hear some suggestions

some preferences of mine:

cs_estate

as_forest (oldie)

de_subway (oldie)

cs_mansion

i also have some of the old versions of some maps, from back in beta, would anyone be willing to download them to have me put them on mapcycle?

de_oldaztec (farther off bomb site)

cs_oldestate (hole between floors, pool table)

cs_oldoffice (pre-garage)

cs_old747 (cant remember difference)

de_oldcbble (no tower?)

tell you what, im gonna rewrite mantis's mapcycle...i have a ton of maps on there, so lets hear some suggestions

some preferences of mine:

cs_estate

as_forest (oldie)

de_subway (oldie)

cs_mansion

i also have some of the old versions of some maps, from back in beta, would anyone be willing to download them to have me put them on mapcycle?

de_oldaztec (farther off bomb site)

cs_oldestate (hole between floors, pool table)

cs_oldoffice (pre-garage)

cs_old747 (cant remember difference)

de_oldcbble (no tower?)

I don't think I've played cs long enough to play some of those maps. I say put them on!, older is newer ;)