More on Steam

Playaa

ok sorry for making ANOTHER topic but I don't have time to dig through the complaints in the other ones.

I'm finally getting around to installing it (because my pc hasta be at my work for 2 weeks so why not get some CS in) and I got some questions.

1) How long is it gonna say "Updating Steam Platform..." for?

2) I'm an idiot for even trying this aren't I?

wow....just got an email from Steam saying my cdkey is already registered under thier database for another user.

yeah....I sent them an email saying I could provide proof that the cdkey was owned by me so they had better tell the thief he needed to go buy his own copy.

until then....no CS 1.6 for me.

uhhhh is it just me or is steam still running like doodoo?

I got into one game and I could't join. I could only watch from a corner of a cieling and could not

free look, 1st person or anything.

well halellujah for XP system restore.

I did it and I'm back on 1.5 until I get a good report from people saying steam is flawless (or at least near).

So I'm asking is it running like doodoo for many?

Auggy

Mine's been working alright, Augy. Although that was after many uninstall, reinstall, file-transfers from the Ntac crew here on the floor, and alot of cursing and breaking stuff...2nd set of headphones since steam :)

Steam is flawless. (there, i said it!)

Actually, I've had almost no problems since the first few days. On a couple occassions a reboot fixed a minor thing or two. However, it's been great after the initial nightmare.

The only problem I'm having is with fps. I have a gforce3 with 256 meg ram, and all the recent updates and drivers. Ive tried a few things to get the fps up, but I still only seem to get around 60-70 fps, cept when I'm dead, I get 99-100. I dont get any choke, so I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried the tips and tricks that have been posted here (on this forum), so my next step is to hit up steam and a couple of other sites/forums to see if I missed something. Like I said I don't lag, and I get 0 choke 99.9 % of the time, so I don't know what the deal is. (And yes, I have anti-flitering off, vsync off, etc.) If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. THx