Kill Bill

White Knight

(edited)
Isn't 80%/100% a little redundant?

:P I love givin' WK a hard time!  :D

Smart man, if you would check out rotten tomatoes you would see that that is two different ratings...80% from every review, 100% from big wig reviews...

P I love givin' it right back to gooters!!! :P

Edited by White Knight

so have any of you seen it yet?  i saw it last night, so i won't say anything yet, except it is not for the weak at heart.  tuns of blood, and i mean tuns!  :yuck:  :zombie:

it was pretty much what i expected, in a weird way.  makes me wanna do kung-foo!  RAR

Nice! Can you tell us anything about the plot? :rolleyes:

Why?

It was a bit over the top.

Whlie the movie had some extremely good scenes, cool music (I'm listening to the soundtrack as I type) it got to be too much. Some of the scenes went way beyond the line. The fight with the 88 Masked People got really boring..especially after you realized that they were all waiting to fight her 1 or 2 at a time. The tons of blood flying effect, while cool and very kung-fu movie-ish the first 20 times, got boring aft er a while.

The gore eventually got to me...especially the sadism of the main character...(last 5 minutes). While Terrantino used the cool Alfred Hitchcock-esque effect of letting the viewers mind come up with what is outside the screen, he did it so well that it was unnerving to think of...especially considering what had just happened. (sorry, not trying to be ambiguous, just trying not to spoil).

Lets see what else...oh yeh...introduce a cool character...show cool things about them...kill them. Repeat 50000 times.

What else...oh yeh. The Bride...was invincible. 100%. While other characters in the story could get chopped to pieces et all, no matter how badly she was cut, sliced, knocked, beaten, or shot, she wouldn't go down. In the last scene, she had her back completely sliced open with a samerai (sp?) sword, yet got back up and continued the fight. Almost reminded me of Rambo (or VH-1 for that matter).

That being said, I will be at the theaters opening night to see KB2. My girlfriend just wont be joining me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Good movie - Typical Tarantino film with the jumping story sequences. He even fit in 20 minutes of japanimation.

This is not for the faint hearted though. The blood is everywhere as are the body parts. The humor is a little on the strange side as well but ya gotta expect that with Tarantino.

Anyways - It was just what I expected, too bad he had to split it into 2 flicks.

That's what you get for messing with Yakuza!! now go home to your mother!

heh I saw the movie last night. I liked it. It was kinda gory with all the limbs and stuff. I did like how the did Oren-Ishii's story in anime. That put a nice little touch on the movie. But even that too was gory. I'm looking forward to Kill Bill 2.

Hey did anyone else notice how they bleeped out Uma's name everytime someone said it?

I thought the movie was fantastic. I don't care about all the fake blood and the whole "no way she could have fought off like 50 people at once" thing. It was an homage to Kung Fu movies, and it did a great job. Classic Kung Fu with a bit of a Tarentino mix. Lets just say I can't wait for Volume 2!

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests
What else...oh yeh.  The Bride...was invincible.  100%.  While other characters in the story could get chopped to pieces et all, no matter how badly she was cut, sliced, knocked, beaten, or shot, she wouldn't go down.  In the last scene, she had her back completely sliced open with a samerai (sp?) sword, yet got back up and continued the fight.  Almost reminded me of Rambo (or VH-1 for that matter).

This is pretty much a rule in movies. Main character = hero = probably won't die no matter what.

This movie ruled, I was amazed at the sheer number of people who just couldn't handle it though. About a dozen people had to leave the theater I was in due to the sheer amount of blood.

The beeping out of the Bride's name was good. The first time it happened, we all looked around like 'What the..?' and then the second time, we figured it out. I read somewhere that her name is Beatrix, which would make the 'Silly Rabbit' line a little more sensical. I'll be seeing part 2. Heck, I almost saw this one more than once.

All I can say is .... I FREAKIN LOVED THIS MOVIE. With the awesome action

scenes, and oooh the cheese! Le meilleur fromage jamais!!! Ever!

:wub:

The anime, and b&w scenes were great. The over whelming piles of

legs, arms, and feet oh my!

I'm a big fan of "cult" movies, and movies that just let it all hang out and

dare critics and the main stream fans to slam it. I can't wait for 2nd volume!!

(this movie is in no means for kids or people with issues with graphic violence)