Post your 3DMark and PCMark scores here

Guest happyman

(edited)

i'm 1 fps higher min and max. you're one higher avg. if i could oc my vid more i could beat you. the drivers are busted right now so it won't let me oc. plus it won't let me oc ram at all even if working. i need to use ati tool but since my card changes voltages when it enters 3d i can't.

another thing to look at is i'm 44% over 40fps and you're 38%. :) also, don't forget your extra cache in games would more then make up for my 100mhz higher clock.

Edited by Cujo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheh...yeah, I know all this.

Im just jumping up and down on the fact that my 2.7/256 card "almost" caught a 2.8/512 card...

Makes me wonder..if I use evga stepup and get a 7950 gx2.....mmm

Or even if I just got a matching 512 card.

You realize that OCing the vid card got me 900 pts in '05? AFTER my cpu dropped some on that last test!

I stopped it at 14.5 hours dual priming. Max cpu temp (which is my highest temp now) was 46 I think during that time. I get about 40C max temp during gaming/3dmarking.

Im not worried about it, Ill jsut re-run it. Ive seen variances in 3dmarks before, and read others' variances as well.

oh man i've got work to do now. you're smoking me in 2k6. get those mem timings down though dude. 3-4-5-8 is awful. 3-4-3-8 should be better and get your bandwidth up closer to 7000.

:(

I know, but no-can-do.

Thats where the issue was for dual-priming. It was all in the Trp (5)

Although I have enough room in that chip to hit/hold 2.9 and game at that speed, the mem controller's gettin shakey and cant hold it.

Cant even kick down the ram ratio at that speed..just totally loses stability.

2.7 is about my max for totally 100% stable with low heat and low volts.

2.8 is what Ill prolly actually run at - who runs dual prime all day?

2.9 needs about 1.55vcore and gets hot. Also, to be real stable at 2.9-3 Id need to blow those ram timings totally out.

Im still gonna tweak up the Vid card's OC a lil bit, push my OC up to about 2.85 - 2.9 and grab an 05 and 06. Just to see what she'd really capable of. Then Ill settle her back down.

btw..Im wondering about this card. There were all those probs with 7900 gt/gtx for a bit...then all of a sudden, new cards and no probs. Well, Im running this thing at 551/1690 and it has YET to pass 60C. Its making me wonder if they stuck a KO cooler on signatures and shipped em, as the siggys werent having the issues...

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

just ran this now on a fresh install with cat 6.7. gpu at 700/800.

3dmark2k6bestxn7.jpg

new best for me. can't touch your gpu score but i got your cpu beat. interestingly my gpu bests yours in canyon.

Edited by Cujo

I still cant figure out why your not stompin me with that Gpu. Ive seriously given it a lot of thought. Fact is, you should be. Is there anything set up funny that may be missed, like your pci-E is set too low and throttling or anything?

Nice job on the cpu man. Heh, take that 06 score + price of a 3800+ = bang/buck pwnage.

• 1 month later...

haha nice. i'm affraid to run 3dmark on vista. would be interested to see how my new x1900xtx fares.

edit - what res in stress test? i can't max everything out right now cause vid drivers are messed up but when i can i'll see what i get.

Edited by Cujo

haha nice. i'm affraid to run 3dmark on vista. would be interested to see how my new x1900xtx fares.

edit - what res in stress test? i can't max everything out right now cause vid drivers are messed up but when i can i'll see what i get.

It's the free version, so 1024x768 i think. LOW anyway :( but like I said, I cant change it at the moment cause it's the free version.

dark, all the versions are free. 1024x768 was default res for 2k5. 2k6 uses 1280x1024.

i meant what res in cs stress test.

in xp with my x1800xt pe i was getting about the same 2k5 score as you. you'd for sure be beating me in 2k6. maybe even beating laz cause i don't think he ever touched me.

Bought F.E.A.R. today, and played a couple levels. I am currently running at stock speeds for everything (2.2ghz) and maxed EVERYTHING w/ 1152x864 res (cause my monitor doesnt support the one higher one :bang: )

FPS:

min - 35

average - 66

max - 155

FPS distribution:

0% below 25

13% btwn 25 and 40

87% above 40

I then changed to what I like the looks of better - everything the same except Textrure Filtering at 8x

FPS distro:

min - 34

average - 77

max - 175

FPS dist:

0% < 25

25 < 8% < 40

92% > 40

Maybe I'll try with OC some time soon. Should boost them both a bit (though I dont really feel like need it)

• 1 month later...

Finally fixed my D/L problem and got 3DMark06. Ran it once (msn running in the background, as well as X-Fi's volume pannel, and that's about it.

Imageshack is down, so I cant upload the ss yet, but here's my scores:

SM2.0 2322

HDR/SM3.0 2429

CPU 1765

Grand Total: 5646

Rig: 7900gtx stock speeds

4200+ @ ~ 2.38

2048mb Ram @ 400mhz (3-4-3-8 or something similar, though that's off the top of my head)

I'm pretty happy with that score!