Post your 3DMark and PCMark scores here

Guest happyman

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats fold for? That program that does calculations in the background and sends the data to a research team for some college?

bah, Noone but me gets my bandwith and resources ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

clean install of operating system ? current drivers and chipset drivers ? all the sliders in direct3d are set to performance and application preference ?

what kinda score were ya looking for ? might be a tad low but i think its pretty close to where it should be...

how bout the compare URL to see individual game fps.

-edit- looked up my old AMD 1.4t-bird/9500pro scores and i was getting almost 11k so i think your right where you should be.

Edited by All Kill3r

oh jsut a bit disappointed...mine is just a bit better than half of your score..... :P oh well thats what you get when you buy a 450 pc from Best Buy(HP, costomized as much as i could) and get the worst Mobo and crap along with it! :D i suppose im very pleased with how my machine runs anyways, its 300% better than two weeks ago(before i got 512 more ram and the 9600XT, upgraded from geForce4 Mx 440 64mb). my previous score was something horrid like 4500.... :o

I think a 9700 Pro or a 9800 Pro would have been worth it as I recommended. I think you would be getting at least 15k, and if you eventually upgraded to a P4 or Athlon64 @ 3ghz+ it would scale to over 20k easily.

Any chance on returning the 9600 XT?

The 11k score seems to be somewhat inline with Futuremark's database, there are some 13k scores but there are always a few at the top that are really overclocked to the max.

The only other thing that I can think of is the RAM, and you have 512mb PC3200 OCZ as I recall, and single stick 128mb of PC2700? This should be fine for the 333mhz bus speed.

oh jsut a bit disappointed...mine is just a bit better than half of your score..... :P  oh well thats what you get when you buy a 450 pc from Best Buy(HP, costomized as much as i could) and get the worst Mobo and crap along with it! :D  i suppose im very pleased with how my machine runs anyways, its 300% better than two weeks ago(before i got 512 more ram and the 9600XT, upgraded from geForce4 Mx 440 64mb). my previous score was something horrid like 4500.... :o

heh, you cant compare my score to yours. I have all different hardware, i only get around 18k without oc'in. :P Since its a HP theres a slim shot at oc'in the cpu but you CAN oc that 9600XT if you ever get into it, i read that they actually are some of the best oc'in video cards. That pc4000 ram is fine but its 3-4-4-8 latencies gave you a small hit on your score, nothing to loose sleep on though. You have a good gaming machine, 12k sure beats the heck outta 4k and im sure you can see the diffence in games now. :)

The 9600 might overclock well (I will take your word for it) but if his HW is still in that HP case, I would seriously advise against OCing anything. Those things aren't really designed with airflow in mind (I have an old Compaq and the internal configuration is terrible) and no room for extra fans.

:rolleyes: rgr that dweez. its a bad case and i wanna get a new one. i have taken off the sidepanel and added a room sized box fan that sits right next to me comp for better cooling....hehe the redneck way to keep your cpu cool. B)

just run it and lets us know what ya got. is that a 2.8b or 2.8c or 2.8e... depends on how many sticks of ram and their latencies too. Complete guess but assuming its a 2.8c with Dual Channel and everything stock around 14,000 3dmarks ballpark guess.

K, upgraded my comp today and benched before and after upgrade.

before:

1900+

512 PC3200

80 gig WD 8mb cache

Ti 4200

3DMark2001 : 9212

PCMark2002 : CPU: 4792

Mem: 3665

HDD: 1229

PCMark 2004 : 2648

now:

3000+ 400mhz fsb

1 gig PC3200

2 - 80 gig WD 8mb cache in RAID 0

Ti 4200

3DMark2001 : 11013

PCMark2002 : CPU: 6365

Mem: 5359

HDD: 947 ?????

PCMark2004 : 3508

Both times everything was stock. I'm not understanding why my HDD scores dropped when I went to RAID, unless I did something wrong. But according to what I read and the Raid card's manual, I installed everything correctly. It was a totally fresh install so that I could get all of the HDD space in the raid 0 format. Any suggestions?

See the other pinned thread for some HD benchmarks. Futuremark products have been notoriously (for years) deficient in the hard disk area. Anything with a RAID or SCSI controller is borked with their benchmarks.

Try HDTach and ATTO.

You can also see my very similar setup posts:

Link 1, no OC

Overclocked

PCMark2004

Cool & Quiet, I don't use it anymore.

Added 9800 Pro

Best to date with CPU and vid card OC.

I've actually been running no OC for over a month now, I notice no realistic difference in day-to-day stuff and the games I'm playing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...