Post your 3DMark and PCMark scores here

Guest happyman

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you have different when you were getting 5015?

My previous system is almost same as new...

Prev:

Asus A8V

Athlon 64 4000

2gig ocz ddr

antec neo 480w

WD raptors 10,000k

pny 6800GT OC

New:

Asus A8N32-sli deluxe

eVGA 7900GT superclock

only differences.

I have some really bad issues with FEAR right now...FTW. I don't know. Some kind of conflict with logitech setpoint software and FEAR update.

crashes system everytime..

This might take a while.

(edited)

is the fear benchmark in the single player or multiplayer demo?

dling multi now cause it's smaller. haha. stupid 1.5mbit internet.

Edited by Cujo

man, cuj...i don't think it is in demo..

if you dload single player, then go to settings, you should config comp to MAX settings...I've tried various resolutions:

10X7

1280 x 960

16x12

I use no soft shadows and 4x AA and 8X AF...all else is set to max! On that same settings page, there is an option at the bottom that says "Test Settings."

If you choose that, it will run a stock bench at your current settings.

so far, I cannot get my system to run it w/o crashing, so maybe this is moot point.

(edited)

for sure it's in the demo cause i've run it before and i've never had the full version. at least i'm 90% certain.

btw, do you have the latest setpoint? in the rook tab try setting to os implementation.

Edited by Cujo

ok i really should be getting to bed as i start my new job tomorrow but i just wanted to post these:

1024x768 with settings you mentioned

fear10246ho.jpg

1280x960

fear12805uh.jpg

1600x1200

fear16006tn.jpg

i realized after i ran these that i have HQ AF turned on in the drivers (it's an ati thing that basically makes af on angles better). i will run these again tomorrow without.

also, something i was thinking about is whether fear supports mulitcore with their latest patches? i know the two big games were quake 4 and something else but i don't recall which game. this demo is the one posted last fall so i doubt it has the support (if it exists). though now i just remembered that you have single core so maybe it's more fair this way anyway.

oh well off to bed.

Yeah...I don't know if we're on same page...also, I couldn't get update 1.5 to run, so I am using version 1.0...which is maybe same as demo.

feartest1.jpg

I have everything set to max...

Comptuer is at max

Graphics is at custom

4x AA, 8x AF

no soft shadows

physics at max

particles and lights at max, textures and water at max etc...

I posted only the 1600 x 1200 results at those listed details. I figured that was a true test if any. Oh, cuj...check your settings too, looks like in background of screen caps, comp is set to "high."

btw...this is fun!...Thanks for the challenge cujo! Now where is preacher?

haha didn't notice that setting. i went in there and i thought i had everything maxxed. i will fix and repost tonight. also, i will disable hq af to get a more equal comparison.

btw, i'm first day on my new job. it's a complete joke. hence why i'm on the net right now.

haha didn't notice that setting. i went in there and i thought i had everything maxxed. i will fix and repost tonight. also, i will disable hq af to get a more equal comparison.

btw, i'm first day on my new job. it's a complete joke. hence why i'm on the net right now.

*envies*

What new jobby?

I am surprised that the preachy one isn't in on this, seeing that my GPU suxors and all... :spin2:

I thought he would take this time to school me properly...which I am sure a x1900XTX would do handily.

PS...as far as "maxxed" goes, I doubt it will make a big difference. You probably already maxxed all the key settings anyways.

Hrm..wondering if I have a diff version or something.

I jsut DLd the fear single play demo.

There is no option ot test settings, and it wont let me select MAX comp settings ( goes back to high).

Also, screen res caps at 1280x960 in this demo.

O, its verion 1.0. Updateable?

(edited)

the multiplayer demo has the option to "test settings" in the gfx menu. i only dled it cause it was smaller file size. the single player should have the same option i assume unless i just got lucky.

you can see in the pic tek posted in the background the "test settings" that we're using.

edit - just thought i'd address your other comments.

preach's x1900xtx should beat both of ours without too much difficulty.

new job = a really ghetto computer company doing sales. pay should be better as it's all commission. they just won't let me sell yet until i've been here a few days. so basically i'm sitting at my desk doing nothing but answering the occasional phone and when it gets busy selling to customers and then passing off the close to someone else. the guys are cool though so it's fun hangin out. we had the soccer games on earlier.

Edited by Cujo

Ok, cool. The multi had it.

Ha! Figured out why only 12x9 is max...I still have Min's old monitor on this machine, and it maxes at 1280x1024 :) lol

So, anyway , ran it at 12x7 everything totally maxxed.

Hows this...too big a gurry to screenie for the wrong res.

o%

o%

100%

Ill hook it up and get the 16x12 later. Hows that hold up for this res though ?

you sure those settings are the same as ours? what card did you get again?

here's new pic with cpu maxxed and hq af off.

fear1600max1pu.jpg

btw for mine high and max are same for cpu settings. when i go to custom they are teh same anyway.

Interesting..I find it suck a licious that 1280 x 1024 are not supported...stoopid...that is pretty standard res for almost all lcd.

I like that res.... :bang:

Job sounds cool tho, I need to retire into a job like that, bro.

Yeah, no doubt preach should spank us...I just wonder if he would be surprised that you and I are so darn close in our results.

Although it is def. obvious that ATI rules the roost in certain games when you crank the detail settings such as AF and AA etc...

I think that we can agree that I got a good card for the $$$ I paid.

i agree.

really weird that you can't do 1280x1024 cause that's native res for every 17 and 19inch lcd. crts are exactly 4:3 which is what 1280x960 is and what i use when i can't do 1600x1200.

errr...guys dont forget that ISNT 16x12

I ran 10x7 cuz o the monitor issue remember?

I think that is what he's talking about...your 10x7 benches are a bit above his...check them out a few posts up.

And...I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, just interested in the research value of all of this, so s'important we all run exactly the same specs in-game :D

getting screenies around..I used the regular monitor this time :)

I maxxed everything in computer

res 16x12

maxxed all in graphics except pixel doubler off, and dx8shaders off

all else on or maximum

first pic at 2.5 ghz 2nd at 2.6 ghz

post-1100-1150827452_thumb.jpg post-1100-1150827473_thumb.jpg

evga 7900gt ko

it makes sense tho

Ive seen a lot of benchies where a smaller card will = or beat a bigger better one at lower res, then get trounced at high, like mine just did

perhaps the difference is 512mb of ram at 1600x1200. that's why i'm able to come out ahead. laz, your comp seems much faster then mine at 1024. maybe it's the extra cache your cpu has to mine. based on your 2.5 to 2.6 difference fear is definately cpu limited to an extent.