Where in the World...

General J

I believe the account told in Genesis. I think theories like the "Big Bang" or the "Primordial Ooze" don't hold up when compared to basic agreed scientific fact such as the first two laws of thermodynamics (No energy can be created or destroyed and the amount of useable energy is decreasing). There are other reasons I believe this (both on faith and based on other scientific statements) but I won't go into those now.

Edited by dwEEziL

Well I think as far as planets go, they started as molten masses of stuff and with gravity and movement(liquid balls up when falling) it cooled and formed spheres.. Futher than that I don't pay much mind as I don't deem is as important as other things to think about.. Possibly a big cloud of gasses heating up until an explosion creating tiny globs(stars) and planets.. 1 thing I do think about sometimes is if all of this is part or the inside of some giant being or thing! And we are like on the molecules floating around in it! :o

whether it belongs in this thread or not, im gonna post it up....something unique for people that dont believe in God or the Bible....those that believe in science can mull over this:

Fossils embedded in mount everest and other mountains in the world show sea creatures fossils......how can sea creature fossils be embedded in the sides of the tallest mountains in the world? Supports the great flood and the story of Noah in the Bible. Even scientists cannot explain the fossils...guess you gotta believe.

Maybe our loving creator decided to puzzle us by strategically placing random bones and shells around the world, then having us find one "accidentally" one day so that we sit here and ask where the heck it all came from... You know, if there is a supreme being behind all of this, They have a great sense of humor. :D

I do agree with J on one bit o' that.

God has a wicked sense of humor...

:o

btw, first and foremost I believe in what is referred to as "Intelligent Design"

even if I never believed in God I would still NEVER be able to believe that this world was an accident...nature does not support that theory no matter how much people say it's "science".

check out a DNA molecule sometime...

or look at a Flagellum of a Protazoa...it has what is called "Irriduceable Complexity" and is as complicated as an outboard motor.

what that means is that the flagellum (basically a tail the single celled creature uses to swim with) has a "motor" turning it with about 40 parts...if any one of those parts didn't exist, the flagellum wouldn't work...according to evolutionary theory, if it don't work, it don't evolve...so according to evolution the flagellum can't exist (unless all 40 of those parts were spontaneously brought into existence at the exact same time and put into the exact proper order)

so taking that I believe in Intelligent Design, and what I read in the Bible...I'm a firm believer in God creating this universe.

"The mountain range was formed when a large land mass broke off from Africa roughly 200 million years ago and was carried by plate tectonics across what is now the Indian Ocean. When this land mass came close to Asia, it started to push up the land ahead of it, forming a large shallow ocean with rich ocean life. The bones and shells of the plants and animals in this shallow ocean formed limestone and left fossils. As the land mass continued to plow north and collide with Asia, the ocean was slowly raised up and drained, eventually being lifted up to form the Himalayan Mountains. The land mass, which is still moving north and forcing the land ahead of it upwards, is known as the Indian subcontinent. The presence of limestone and ocean marine fossils at the top of these mountains is one of the key pieces of evidence cited that advanced the idea of plate tectonics (large chunks of the Earth’s surface moving over molten rock in the Earth’s core) when it was first proposed as a theory in 1915." Not a mystery here guys.. Proves plate techtonics..

I agree with everyone :)

I think theres too much math and organization to our universe to just have been some old cosmic playdough that got heated up and started our universe...even if that were so...where did the playdough come from?

so my vote is with Genesis although I'm not sold on it's literal interpretation.

Auggybendoggy

Watch...how does a paragraph you put in quotes prove plate tectonics?

source at all?

oh and by the way, I believe in plate techtonics as well...I mean even for someone who believes the Bible MUST believe in plate techtonics...or some variation of it...otherwise how did the American Indians get here?

:P

but you're post still doesn't "prove" plate techtonics :P

The flood in the bible could not have been the whole world. According to time frames it would have been 5-6k years ago. This would have put it at the height of Egyptian empire along with some asian empires. It does fall into the time frame the Dead Sea flooded the entire region and killed thousands of peoples and many towns and cities.

In my mind the Flood in the Bible represents what the people at the time knew of the world.

Playaa -

There are many possibilities for the first people in NA and SA. You had the land mass between Russia and Alaska for years and years. There is also lots of speculation that many ships had visited the Americas before Columbus got the official recognition.

whether it belongs in this thread or not, im gonna post it up....something unique for people that dont believe in God or the Bible....those that believe in science can mull over this:

Fossils embedded in mount everest and other mountains in the world show sea creatures fossils......how can sea creature fossils be embedded in the sides of the tallest mountains in the world?  Supports the great flood and the story of Noah in the Bible.  Even scientists cannot explain the fossils...guess you gotta believe.

id say because that mountain wasnt always a mountain h*ll things change lamd masses move i would bet even the highest point now was under water at one point.I believe/think in evolution of both land and animals.Now if theres a power beyond that which drives/creates that process i dont know.

Playaa.. Well I guess I shouldn't have said proves.. "The presence of limestone and ocean marine fossils at the top of these mountains is one of the key pieces of evidence cited that advanced the idea of plate tectonics" Evidence you could base a very sound judgement on. And to me, and most of the rest of the sane world, plate tectonics is not arguable. The earth and land Is moving. Do we have earthquakes? Is this because plates and fault lines are moving against one another? This is no longer speculation but not quite a law.. Again go back to the conversation about law and law makers.. No reason or no one person can really say "make this a law" Just not necessary anymore. Who would even argue about plate tectonics? It is Proven. Don't mess with me Playaa ;)