I'm a luvin it

SwOOp

free HL2 with that? wow, the box cant lie right?! nice. That was the original card i was going to purchase, but i realized the price tag was a tad big, so i am going with 9800 pro. nice joystick! looks pretty darn interesting ;) . You play DC? how come no one gets on TS besides a few of us?! join on the fun people!

Excellent Killer, I have the reso. in DC cranked up all the way and have all the detail settings, etc.... turned up to 100%. I tested it out playing a single player game with max amount of comp players and no loss at all. The most people that have been in game when I've played online with it has been about 48 players, still no fps loss. So it is working wonderfully.

The only thing I have noticed, is that in counterstrike, every reso setting but 1024, I have no problems maintaining 99 fps solid. But in 1024 it drops to between 70-80 fps occasionally. It doesn't stay there long at all, but still has me wondering some as too why 1024 is the only resolution that it would do that in.

As far as my Saitek stick goes, it was mega nice and all, but I took it back. :o I just cant stand having the rudder controls on the throttle stick. It may have been different if you could rotate the throttle for rudder, but they have it set underneath the handle to where you operate it with your fingers.

I really prefer to have the flightstick able to twist to operate my rudder, it's just what I've always been used to and I didn't want to have to relearn my flying style to a different setup like that. I just couldn't believe it, that Saitek stick had everything, but yet the stick didn't twist.

So I took it back and got the Logitech Freedom 2.4. So as promised my brother will recieve my Logitech extreme 3d flightstick for Christmas.

Couldnt wait for my 9800xt to get here so i borrowed my brothers to test it out

Got 18282 in 3dmark and i was pretty happy with it

Im trying out 4xAA and 8xAF @ 1280x1024 in all my games i got and so far its been smooth in everything.

I can see a big increase in image quality using the setting above when compared to the 9600non-pro I had in the computer.

Got to love AA and AF settings at higher resolutions like 1280x1024, however i cant say that i like it better than 1600x1200 with no AA ot AF.

Its just hard to beat 1600x1200 if you have a monitor that can support that resolution with flicker free refresh rates.

Too bad computers are fast enought to allow 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 8XAF in newer games cause that would be some quality to behold.

Yeah my monitor flickers at 1600x1200, but not that drastically. I really like it on Desert Combat and it has done remarkably better since I downloaded the drivers for my monitor instead of the default windows plug and play drivers. And then I changed the config in Desert combat to show all the refresh rates available in the video config. The highest reso at 1600x1200 32bit only goes up to 70 or 80 refresh. But that is not enough to take off the flicker.

Was that 3d mark score with everything set at defaults or did you tweak any of the settings before testing it?

Got 18007 first time I ran after the new ati driver install.

18282 is the fastest I have got after messing around with the quality slider bars inside the catalyst software.

18007 reflects Quality settings with No AA or AF on

on a N-force 2 512Mb RAm with a Barton 3000+ @2267Ghz