Vent

StepBack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people ghost, I've heard it on a lot of occasions from diffrent clans. But there is nothing I can do to stop it. You can always restrict views to first person ect. Would help a little. Anyway I just enjoy getting on the server and reminding Sanders how much I own.

Yeh there is...especially with regulars. Ghosting is pathetic and immoral. Its cheating without near the chance of getting caught. IMHO any person caught ghosting should be banned just like cheaters are. But, it ain't my server, its MMmmmmmmmmmmmm''''sss.

Course, its REALLY disappointing to hear people you've played with for a while, good cs players that don't need to cheat, doing it.

I find it even more disappointing how the gaming world has turned into a bunch of excuses.

"I hafta do it cause he is"

"I only use it for people that I think it needs to be used on"

"I was just playing around and not hurting anyone"

I don't know how often I hear those dumb excuses...

what ever happened to the unecessary posts in the ban forums leads to no posting priveledges threat, was it just that??? Cus there are some prime suspects littered through here.

Everyone calm down,,I'm on vent all the time and if i heard ghosting it would stop.. There was 10 of us on vent last night and never heard anything cs related,except for strats suggestions.

If u think MwR looks forward to ghosting then your way off base. White Knight its ok bud,take a chill pill.

It's all good from our side.

Cya guys on vent :D

Step, please don't take that attitude. I know you to be a reasonible and logical person based on your posting history. You know full well the potential for misuse of a 3rd party voicecom utility. I know Valve sure does, elsewise, why would they add their own and purposefully put in a "feature" that the dead can't talk to the living?

Now that THAT is out. I say we should drop the whole thing. Use of Ventrilo or TeamSpeak (or the rest of the 3rd party utils) has already been discussed at length here in the forum (and I am sure in the Mmmm private forum as well) and not concrete decision was made regarding it as a "cheat tool". Sure, the potential is there, but that doesn't mean that everyone who uses it does so for that purpose. We have to trust that those regulars who knows the server rules and who have shown to have an understanding of fair play are going to use it properly until they have shown otherwise. Obviously, Sanders knows that the two particular MWR members were using it improperly so I feel he is justified in his judgement upon them. As for blaming the whole clan for that, I am not going to (to use an old phrase) throw the baby out with the bath water.

White Knight its ok bud,take a chill pill.

Whatever man, sounds like your boys have some cheating issues. If I found some of my clanmates doin this they'd not be in my clan anymore or I wouldn't be. Guilt by association man. Your boys cheatin looks bad on you.

Rest, sorry for the "venting"...not much riles me up more than people cheating at a video game. Lame, lame, lame.

I think the "Vent" the topic suggest is referring to "Ventrilo", a 3rd party voicecom utility. Everytime I see the topic I think of "venting my frustrations" but quickly rembember that ain't what I am supposed to do here. :D

White Knight its ok bud,take a chill pill.

Whatever man, sounds like your boys have some cheating issues. If I found some of my clanmates doin this they'd not be in my clan anymore or I wouldn't be. Guilt by association man. Your boys cheatin looks bad on you.

Rest, sorry for the "venting"...not much riles me up more than people cheating at a video game. Lame, lame, lame.

ignorant, just plain ignorant.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Ghosting in pubs = lame

Can't sum it up much more than that ;o.

Most good clans won't bother ghosting in scrims/matches because it becomes too distracting/annoying/wrong

I agree PDO. What I don't understand is how CAL or any other league would even allow it's use because there is a perfectly good in-game voicecom system that helps prevents such ghosting by not letting the dead talk to the living. It might not have all the features of Vent or TS but it works perfectly fine for most situations and, since it is in-game, it's use is controlable.

I do understand that it would be near impossible (if not completely impossible) to police this but it would help if the rules clearly stated that use of any voicecom outside of the Valve in-game utility were prohibited.

Edited by dwEEziL

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

It'd be impossible to police it.

It also gives lan teams a very unfair advantage.

True, but both (Vent and LAN-teams) both violate the spirit of what Valve was going for. Oh well, this is why I would rather not have it come up for debate again. Neither side of the coin will agree and it just causes dissension that really doesn't need to be there.

Guest frantic
Guest frantic
Guest frantic
Guests

congratulations MwR! on being the 2nd entire clan banned from Mmmm

just thought i'd throw that in....