Vent

StepBack

Yes we use Ventrilo,when we match and scrim. As well as gathering our guys and discussing match plans.

MwR guys got banned from Trop the other day for being on vent accussed of Ghosting. All i got to say about that is.....GIVE IT A REST. Everybody uses ventrilo,and if you think we use it to ghost then ban all of us. Cause i will still be using it fairly..... :wavey:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....I cant believe you would bring this up stepback......Especially since we just talked about this topic last night. The proof was when i was over stepbacks and heard bugs and vain not using but abusing vent or teamspeak on a pub at your house.

You and Sted might use it fairly but it was clearly being abused by your fellow mates......Dont start this crap in here!!!! Your post was aimed at me for banning your clanmates for 1 hour when they stacked a team on a trop, you shouldve handled this post with a phone call instead of using the forums to voice your opinion on how i handled the issue....

I guess our server just needs to switch the server to forecamchase, then you can tell your little e-buddies to use vent wherever and whenever they want.

You even told me you asked the guys to stop using vent on pubs, yet the two nubs in your clan still do. Your damn right i banned them its called ghosting thats just as bad as wallhacking.

Pretty lame your denying the fact that they use it on pubs or claim to be using it fairly.

You being one of the older members in your guild you shouldve stood up for the rest of your members not abusing it.

Oh yeah i did ban all the MwR guys that were on that day if it makes you guys feel any better.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Not really my business, but I may as well post about this anyway..

TFR has used ventrilo for a long time, and when we first got it (like MwR has) it was a novelty and ghosting on pubs was the "cool thing" to do etc. We haven't really done it for a long time (except small things like AFK, buy me a gun, etc).

The only way to really stop ghosting is mp_fadetoblack 1 or whatever that stupid command is, but do we really want/need that? Sure it'd stop ghosting, but it'd be pretty boring if you died 15 seconds into the round and stared at a black screen for 3 minutes. We just need a bit more maturity from some people.

To people that are ghosting in pubs...

It's a waste of time. It's just going to make you more reliant on it in a match situation when you won't have someone being able to look at the other guy, tell you his HP, where he's walking, etc etc and will become more of a distraction/annoyance and will just make you less skillful than you were before.

You can ask anyone in this community how they feel about vent on trop? 10 out of 10 in the cs community would agree that its cheating.

Bugs you shouldnt even of posted your own clanmate busted you when he turned the volume up at his house. Yet your still in denial admit your guilt son and move on i did til your mate posted.

You guys can bash me all you want...All we try to do here is make the game as fair as possible yet we have people who we've been gaming with for the past 2 years still trying use anything possibl;e to gain an advantage.

Dont worry guys pretty soon we prolly wont even have a server to play cs since most of our guild is moving away from the game.

The funny thing about this was as i posted my first reply i asked a Mmmmember to change it to forecamchase after he did it 3 clu members left the server.....

guys this isnt Cal this is a recreational server its supposed to be fun, its not supposed to be like this.

when we had that little discution the day we got banned, over vent, i admitted that i used it to ghost, i never denied that i didnt. More than 90% of the time we just talk, not ghost. And there is no difference between using Teamspeak in COD, all u guys talk to eachother, like we do in vent.

i dont want this to be a flamming/huge arguement, so im not posting again. Do what you must.

What is the difference between using vent in a server and using teamspeak in CoD?

I'd say the difference is how you use it San...

Sanders is saying he specifically heard a few MwR using it for Ghosting and since Step requested other MwR be banned...I'd say he's just complying.

Well Bugs it shouldnt even been posted since it was discussed between MwR and myself. I could care less what you guys do this game doesnt mean that much to me. I have more fun getting on trop and listening to Ace talk about how much he owns then trying to get the most frags...

hi, I don't know what to say really, but if it's that big of a deal, make only team spec available... so that way you can't watch the other team... I was accused and harrased about using vent, and that's not even right. I don't ghost so wth. And talking to TFR ppl just because we share the same vent, what does that prove... I'm always on vent. That doesn't mean I am "ghosting". I don't need to. Another thing that could be done about this is putting this really cool mod I seen on the server, whenever someone camps in one spot for so much time, it starts slapping them... Because the main reason I could think of people ghosting is because it sucks being dead and having to wait 4 minutes for the next round to start because someone wants to camp to save their gun or whatever the purpose. Camping is not needed. The same way you say Ventrillo is not needed.