The Grammys

gOOters

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

preacher i will get back to you at the time at the place where we was that one time when we talked about the thing and the stuff, you know the way and you know the stuff in which i speak. the stuff is moving along and more stuff will come, just wait for the time and place for the stuff

(no we are not dealing drugs)

:)

LOL

Hey what's the news on the thing about you know who that we talked about that one time?

You know the guy with the hair!

Well, I guess that rules me out.

BTW, my theory on the whole John Lennon assassination is that the guy was aiming at Yoko and sneezed as he pulled the trigger.

BTW, my theory on the whole John Lennon assassination is that the guy was aiming at Yoko and sneezed as he pulled the trigger.

Duh...why do you think we locked him up for so long? The idiot missed.

I remember once a while back when I had some MP3's playing while I was CSing...Oh man...a Yoko (sorry, it's in there cause of a Lennon CD) song got in my mix and it was like 30 minutes long of her killing whales or something. That lady has absolutely no tallent...well, she must do "something" right :o

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

White Stripes is the worst and most over-rated band in history.

That is all.

comn fellas

I was upset as much as you are that michael jackson didnt get anything, but comn.

Name a band that performed at the grammys that you like better.

Or a band that got an award.

Cause the majority of them STINK.

The stripes are great, even better when compared to most of the peeps that got awards last night.

White Stripes is the worst and most over-rated band in history.

That is all.

Yeah right, I bet you've heard one, maybe even two, of their songs. The stuff they put on TV is just the tip of the iceberg. Their older stuff is fantastic. They are a great fusion of rock and blues, using minimalistic style. I recommend you try listening to the songs "Screwdriver", "When I Hear My Name", "Hello Operator", "Truth Doesn't Make A Noise", "Offend In Every Way", or "Ball and Biscuit". Maybe then you'll get the idea of the real White Stripes.

Or if you can find it, watch the video of them playing "Let's Build a Home/Going Back to Memphis/John the Revelator" on Conan Obrien. One of the greatest live performances ever.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Wasn't going to get into this, but I guess I have no choice.

Jack White claimed that Stevie Ray Vaughan has NO talent. Jack White also claims you can't buy a new guitar, you have to buy a guitar from a pawn shop so it has soul!

For those 2 comments alone, Jack White is an IDIOT.

Chances are, if a "rock" band is main stream, it sucks. Straight up. They won't have any guitar solo's, and chances are with none of those, they won't have any talent either.

The stuff that they put on TV and radio is as bland as it gets. That tip on the iceberg must be really dull.

If any of those songs actually are longer than 3 minutes or have a guitar solo get back to me, if not check out a few of these bands:

The Haunted, KMFDM, Ill Nino

(One last thing, if you need a gimmick like putting all your music through old equipment, something tells me you're desperate and sucky.)

Like I said, actually try LISTENING to some of their music. If you would have checked out some of the stuff I recommended, you'd know. Let's try Ball and Biscuit: 7:17 long and 5 guitar solos. See, you gotta know the band before you start badmouthing them. Sorry if you don't like their grassroots approach to music. They show that you don't have to have fancy digital equipment and fresh-from-the-shelf guitars to make good music. Let me know if you can find someone who can play better on a plastic guitar! To each his own I guess.

And for the record, I like KMFDM.

Edited by SheepNutz