Reinstalling Tropolis

Fatty

We're going to reinstall tropolis.

Hopefully this will fix the ongoing lag issues.

However, this may result in some temporary mayhem.....as the server will be stock, things like the swear filter and such will not be functional.

Admins will need to admin from HLSW.

Thanks for your patience. Please let us know if the re-install changes things in respect to any lag.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

What bugs said!

It's nice not having so many bullets fly through people :(

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

It's not mayhem. The swearing is fixed. I say keep the shield. Not many use it, and if there are any shield hacks its quite easy to spot and easy to ask them not to do it. If they fail to coop. kick / ban them. I like the server the way it is now. ;)

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

Can you please put shields back in? It's part of the game, and if you guys want to be serious like "no silent plants" then I believe the shields should be allowed. Whether they are "cheap" or not they are an influence to the game and changes the way you play.

.:start paddin' now:.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Lol, shields are the most unrealistic and dumb thing in the game...

1) They have HORRIBLE hit box detection

2) A knife can go through them but an AWP that can go through 2 walls can't.. OK

3) It can block an AWP shot yet you can carry it with one arm and run.. .right

4) Your movement is barely even slowed down by a metal that'd be one of the heaviest metals known to man due to the fact that's its invincible.

5) Somehow, even the plexi glass on the front is invincible.

Shield < All

Worst addition to CS ever.

I have to say I agree and I was one of few people that initially thought the shield would be a great addition to the game. But after playing siege last night with them enabled, I realized that I was gravely mistaken. It just turned into an all out shield war and pretty much ruined the game. I just sorta stopped caring after a while lol. Personally I hope it gets restricted again, but if not, won't stop me from playing.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

cs_mansion, de_jeepathon2k. de_rats. New cs stinks. too many hackers and too many kids. what happened to all the cool peeps like wilco.. and 339... and redeyez.. and mr... and dexter... and roger wilco. haha. :wub: talking on roger wilco.