WoW community clan

Crowbar

Which side of the war shall we be on?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if there are enough of us, there's no reason we can't have 2 groups. I would much rather be a Horde player. I just want to have some companions, since that's the thing I am most looking forward to.

Orc warrior with a specialty in mounts for me. :D

Loot may be a little problem though. In Lineage II a party gains experiance together, but gaining loot is a free-for-all. That's one of the big benefits of having a group of gamers who trust each other. We can fight through a group of monsters, then rest and divide up the loot evenly and according to which items will benefit each person the best.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n

I'll play with you all. Might decide to buy this game.. Not sure what i want yet but i dont think we should outcast some races if we dont have to :P

i can't wait till i play! yeah i vote alliance cuz i'm amazing with Night Elves.

But if there are two sides, i could do Horde aswell because when i first started i learned Orcs very well.

Can you form alliances with Horde and Alliance? if we can learn the language can we work together?

No Xterm. Alliance and Horde do not mix ever in this one from what I understand. It's similar to RvR in DAOC, you just CANT talk to them usually. Or if you can it's just to taunt them. Also, CB, lot's of games nowadays have better loot systems than free for alls (DAOC) but if not that's just part of the game I guess. Ya get used to it after a while.

FFA loot system is nice. Shadowbane was FFA but if you were in a group you could enable/disable gold to be split but loot was a little more tricky. You learn a lot about another character with Free For All looting.

wowa.jpg

i see growing numbers of fellow Night Elves. :)

FFA loot system is nice. Shadowbane was FFA but if you were in a group you could enable/disable gold to be split but loot was a little more tricky. You learn a lot about another character with Free For All looting.

wowa.jpg

i see growing numbers of fellow Night Elves.  :)

That would be AWESOME if you guys represent .gc in thing that ya'll call WoW.

Again, let us know if there's anything we can do.

.gc members by default have ftp space, and you have at leaset Crowbar for that if it's needed.

Obviously we can do forums np.

hey now! no throwin me in with those wussy elves. ;) and yes, once we get going, I've got ftp space to host screenshots and WoW (pun intended) the rest of the community with pictures of our l33tness.

As far as language, I believe the Undead will be able to speak to both the alliance and the horde. Also, some classes will have the choice of learning to speak other languages later in the game. However, I don't think horde and alliance players can "party up."

I know I would much rather be a horde player. It may be best for everyones enjoyment if we pick our favorite classes, and go with them. Then once in game, community members on each side of the battle join forces and stay out of the way of our brothers on the other side. Or, we can always have 2+ characters.

Guest k3n
Guest k3n

I am thinking of making a human paladin or an undead priest. Depends on what you all decide. Two teams tho would stink. We should all decide on orcs or elves.

I'll help with a website if you all want. I am bored not doin nothin anymore :unsure:

Alright boys and girls. I did a little research. The undead are part of the "horde". You CANNOT talk to people on the other faction (alliance or horde) and you CANNOT party up with them or play with them. (In fact if you even SEE them it will be on the field of battle and you will be expected to kill them. =p) However what race you play within your chosen faction makes no difference.

That being said, two teams can work just fine, or we can all join one side. I myself would prefer to play a Night Elf Druid and consequently Alliance, but I could also be swayed to playing an Undead Warlock. So whatever y'all decide. If there are multiple servers, we could always do both. (All of us Horde on one server, and all Alliance on another.) It's up to you guys.

Also looting I believe is handled by enforced distribution, but I could be wrong. I don't think it's free-for-all (addressing someone's earlier comment.)

So in review... Alliance races are Night Elves, Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes. If we choose Alliance, you can be any of these. Horde races are: Undead, Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls. Same deal. Or like crowbar said we can all do what we want and see where we end up.

This is just what I found out in a couple minutes research. Catch ya later!

Edited by NyxErinyes

Well, I'm going to say we all go Alliance, since according to the vote, it's 12 to 4 in the Alliance's favour.

Now, even though we'll all be on the same team, we won't necessarily start together. The Night Elves start way up in the North-West corner of the world, on their own little island. The Humans, Dwarves, and I assume Gnomes, start on one continent in the East. I believe the Undead is also on that continent, on the northern tip of it. The Orcs and Tauren are on a continent in the West. I'm not sure where the Trolls start, probably on the Horde continent, but I think the South-East corner of the Alliance continent is jungle troll territory, so maybe the Horde trolls are nearby there. That would make a pretty crowded continent though.

As I recall, each race will have a specific problem that they are dealing with. For the Dwarves, they are in the middle of a war with the Rockjaw Trogs who have infested the Dwarf caves. The Humans are battling to regain control of their once fertile lands, now controlled by the Defias Brotherhood (theives and bandits). The Night Elves have some evil stuff going on in their new-found forest home. The Orcs have a newly founded city that must be defended against the land's native inhabitants. I'm not sure about the other races, but you get the idea.

Public travel will be availible between cities in each faction, so once we all reach a certain level, and can afford the trip, we'll have to all decide on a meeting place. We'll be adventuring in very small groups for awhile, possibly some of us on our own. I imagine the Night Elf group will be strong from the outset, and the Humans will probably be okay. I think we have one Gnome, any Dwarves?

As far as a website goes, what are people's thoughts about having one? I'm not much for role-playing, but I do think it would be cool to have the clan in-game only. No tags on our names, but kinda like real life, word of mouth identifies who we are. All plans are made in-game while sitting at the bar, any recruiting is done in game in kind of a easy-going fashion. The idea I have is like an old west gang. You know, we're all sitting around a campfire sharpening our weapons when this sexy female saunters up to us. She says that a dwarf in the tavern over yonder said we were headed up to clean out a cave down the road, and that we might have a spot for her in our party. It's quiet while we look her up and down, then look at each other, then one of us asks her if she's any good in a fight. She pulls out a bow and strings an arrow, aiming at a parrot perched on a fence post 40 yards away, she lets go and it becomes an ex-parrot. Nodding our approval, we invite her to sit down, and begin introducing ourselves.

What are your thoughts? Shall we go this more role-playing route, or go the "clannie" route, and be a little more organized, at the expense not getting as immersed in the game?

sounds good to me. alliance votes more then double horde votes. :)

i prefer the "clannie" route. I like the interactions with other people on the battlefield whether it be a raid, a pk group, an all out battle. Most likely ill stick with other stealthers on the field. :ph34r:

Q. is any one race faster then another ?

Website dont matter to me. If its decided to have one lemme know if you need help.

While I'll admit the rp element is tons of fun, being a "clannie" does have certain benefits. The biggest one being guild chat where ALL of us can talk anytime anyplace. It's a lot simpler to organize raids and ask people for help (Hey I died, is anyone near x so they can rez me?) Stuff like that. It just makes things easier. Also, most games have an "anon" mode so you can hide your tag if you don't want one CB. Anyway, it's up to yall, but clanning is practical, if not quite as much fun =)

lol and for the record... your RP scenario rocks. You keep that up and I may play my character IN character. And that can get real interesting... (Just ask my old EQ buddies about when I played the bard... Impromptu songs on the spot! woo!)

No they are not even in closed beta yet. Closed Beta starts in the next couple weeks. In answer to someone or other's question. Race speeds have not been announced. But it is not uncommon at all for different races to have different running speeds. Usually it's based on agility. So odds are gnomes, elves, and trolls will run like heck. The bigger (heavy) stuff like orcs, tauren and dwarves will most likely be slower. Humans and undead, probably be middle class runners. But this is all my speculation.

Keep in mind also there will also be "mounts" of various types to facilitate movement speed. (different kinds for each race)

Edited by NyxErinyes