BF Vietnam ships today

[Mmmm]Homer

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

EoD is nice. I <3 EoD. And flying the choppers is so much cooler then on DC, but the damage they do sux compared to DC.

I got it today at Best Buy for $34.99.

I played about 2 hours tonight, I like it. The coding is somewhat tighter than BF1942, I can actually hit someone 100yds away with an AK. The game runs pretty good for me on high settings with a Ti4600 @ 1024x768x32. I played 4 maps, each had a nice balance to them. Unfortunately none that I played had planes or helos.

I can say one thing for certain: BFV > EoD

Raves:

Music, you'll notice it right away. I had my doubts, but they did a good job.

The US tanks, jeeps blare the music so you can hear them coming.

The foliage is GREAT! You can go stealth and the whole jungle closes in on you.

MP Interface - completely overhauled. No more lag while it is searching servers, and your mouse doesn't stutter.

Rants:

Just when I thought I was getting all the F-key commands down they 'streamlined' them.

Slightly longer load times.

A small addition about the music - in-game when you are in a vehicle or fortification you can hit the 0 key and then a menu pops up of the songs and you hit the letter on your keyboard to pick the song. The song starts playing and others can hear the song.

You can also put in your own music CD and hit 0 (zero) and pick the tracks, but others won't hear your custom music.

It sounds cheesy, but it does get you in the mood for different types of attack!

I played again after I posted last night, a map that is straight out of Apocalypse Now - the beach village that Col. Killgore (Robert Duvall) takes with his choppers.

is there plenty of server Homer with populations to them ? i know its new but if its good i would expect alot of full servers.... help me make up my mind.

i just went to try and play some DC and there are half the servers there were yesterday, most are empty. UT2k4 and BF Vietnam must be packed... :o

Edited by All Kill3r

so I'm some little guy running as fast as my little legs will carry me trying to hind in follage trying to out run it...but no...no...over the hill...i hear...War Huh, Good God, what is it good for....I can't get away freaken tank. Heard it a mile away but the monkeyspank saw me. Oh well back for more

Im still going with DC and EoD. The best mod's are the ones that are made because they are fun, not to bring in profit. CS was awesome until it went retail and then it was downhill from there on out.