Playaa's Car

PuppySurprise

I see it now

mags it's just some guy strapping a street bike to his LeBaron convertible to run it...:D

funny thing...about 3 years before I got this car I almost bought an UGLY LeBaron verty...forest green with tan leather...was only $2500 and had 70k miles on it...but MAN was it ugly.

oh, and Homer...we don't all use the same forum colors so you can't hide text anymore like that...

and I LOVE my car...ALOT...every car I've owned I ended up being sick of very quickly...not this one...I have one dislike and that's the roof that's getting old...other than that...it's a joy to drive daily...so :P

what are you driving anyway? a rustang?

Well Playaa, it's better than:

Olds Cutlass Sierra

Buick Regal Custom Limited

<french voice>Le Baron muhuhuh!

Town & Country woody wagon

I'm just trying to steer you toward some quality when it's time for your next purchase.

As for me, I drive a '95 Civic Si. It's got 110k on it and in good shape, never had a problem with it, but I'm getting the itch to drive something else, since I've been driving it since new.

If I had to buy today, I'd consider:

WRX

Jetta wagon

Mini Cooper S

open to ideas

But what I'm really trying to do is put the buying a new car bug in the back of my mind and see if Subaru is gonna redesign the WRX, anyone know? If they can make it better without fubbing it up I might go for it. And my wife likes Subarus, as most chicks do. Little would she know that the WRX is a wolf in sheep's clothing!

"Ummm honey, what does the WRX mean?"

"Oh, it's just a special Impreza model that means it has a different trim package."

:boing:

I'm just trying to steer you toward some quality when it's time for your next purchase.

oh believe me...I KNOW quality...my wallet just doesn't agree with me

in my book there isn't much better CHEAP quality than an Oldsmobile...my very first car was an $1800 Oldsmobile '88 Eighty-Eight (year and model) with 150,000 miles on it. nearly 100,000 miles later (for a total of 237,000 miles) and about $1,000 more I gave the thing away to the salvation army in perfect running condition (though not perfect looking condition) and bought a *shudder* Dodge Avenger with 76,000 miles on it for $5,500...2 years after that (and nearly 80,000 miles on the Avenger) I bought this thing with 64,000 miles on it for $5,000 (technically $6,000 after taking a loss on the Avenger)...now I've got 78,000 miles on it and STILL loving it.

Oldsmobiles are amazingly good cars...especially a good used one...take a LITTLE care of it and it runs forever

(edited)

nah playaa, my piece is a 95 buick riviera. it has problems, like any car and has damn near 175K miles on it. Only thing cool is that it has a supercharger in it, but the downside, the battery for the car costs $175..this is kinda what it looks like: except mine is white, tinted windows and sunroof.

96brivra.gif

Edited by PuppySurprise

Mini Cooper S

I say go for that...sure the WRX/STI is faster but do you really need to go THAT fast and be able to handle THAT well?

The S is just more unique and still a freakin fun little car

Go for the STi homer

Ditto, you could try an EvoVIII if you want also. Or for a more traditional, yet sporty alternative (probably higher build quality too, but much slower) try a new Altima 3.5, my bro has one and it is pretty damn fast!