STEAM Petitions

gOOters

i agree with the updates. they make the individual less important and the team takes place over some guy good and blasting people with a one-hit kill weapon.

Alright, this is going to sounds harsh, and I'm not necessarily picking on anyone here but here we go.

Everyone that is agreeing with the updates is what's wrong with cs today, you're sick of getting out-skilled and they keep taking out the skill in this game because so many people whine about it. Jumping, pistols, awp and the list goes on and on. I really wish this game would have never gone retail, and we could go back to where this game actually took skill and not randomness.

(edited)

i actually don't have a problem with the awp.. its just the awp whores that are angry :-D haha i do fine with it still... the main problem i see with the update is that the usp is too powerful and the glock isn't worth having...

PS can someone e-mail me the hs sprite.. i'm going to remake it and post it thedpcandyman@aol.com

Edited by Windex

this was posted on gotfrag?

Hey, This is ROB from CS1.3. We have been inactive as of late trying to develop a working version of CS1.3 that works with STEAM, and not WON. We have finally found a solution and are very excited about it. Having ran 2 sucessfull tournaments in the past, with awesome turnouts we plan on running more in the near future.

HOW? Is what you're all wondering, well, here's the file you need to run CS1.3 On STEAM. AOWC (www.artofwar.com) Is still keeping strong ties with us and have setup 2 PUB Servers for CS1.3 (one in texas, one in va) Both these servers are up or will be up shortly.

http://rob.gamedaemons.net/steaminstall_cs13.exe

Run that, replace "email@email.com" with your email and EXTRACT!. Also make sure that your point to the directory that your Steam folder is in. The installer defaults to C:\Steam.

Once extracted, close steam and re-open it. Click the "games" menu, and browse under "3rd-party games" Click "Counter-Strike" and BOOM, there you go.

With all the talk and mishaps over the new steam update (awp, crosshairs, etc) This is a great alternative to the current version of CS, we here at the CCL thank AOWC and Typefrag for investing in us and giving us a chance to help the community when it needs it.

Have fun and happy fragging.

For any questions/comments, visit us at #1.3

For further info, visit http://rob.gamedaemons.net/cs13.html

_______________________________________________________-_

check it out this is 1.3 and it works, and its about 30x better than the current cs that is out there.

1.3?!?!?!

I LOVE 1.3!!!!!!

I joined in 1.1... i htink i a little earlier than that. But 1.3 was DEFINATLY the prime of CS. I remember when Me, m33r, Must, and Doc would only use pump shotguns. What fun! With the old school jumping it was so awsome...

That was back when people were just learning about quickswitch and when i first saw it done by [DOH]The_Hurricane i was so confused...

I might jsut grab that :-D

Everyone that is agreeing with the updates is what's wrong with cs today, you're sick of getting out-skilled and they keep taking out the skill in this game because so many people whine about it. Jumping, pistols, awp and the list goes on and on. I really wish this game would have never gone retail, and we could go back to where this game actually took skill and not randomness.

gotta fully disagree with ya there Moss...I think what's wrong with this game are the bunny-hopping, awp-jumping, fast-switching 12 year olds who don't know what a team is...it's a team game.....lance said it perfect

they make the individual less important and the team takes place over some guy good and blasting people with a one-hit kill weaponp

and another thing...how is changing the game taking the skill out? No matter what they do with the awp I won't be able to hit people with it because my aim isn't that precise...so I will never be a sniper...I think this is why I'm really leaning towards America's Army....team based game where you MUST work as a team and you are a basic grunt unless you EARN the right to be more...

Here is my stance.

I dont think they should make any changes to CS. Period.

The game needs to stay the same.

I hate going back to play it every couple of weeks only to find that it has been changed drastically.

Now, this is a different opinion than I used to hold.

CS has always been a changing game; especially if you have been playing since the early betas.

However, to keep changing the game now seems kind of pointless.

Sure it's still a popular game, but making drastic changes now only seems to break up the quickly shrinking community.

Valve seems to have milked CS for all it's worth, no reason to totally change the way the aiming system works.

Valve should leave CS alone now that it's on steam(horrible idea) and work hard on a new CS or maybe even HL2 so they can continue to take up our free time.

On the other hand I'd also like to see Valve do something really comical to CS like add an all powerful rocket launcher or some other BFG. That way they could go ahead and kill off the poor old cranky game.

I pretty much agree with Bird. When CS was in beta, changes were to be expected. I have always felt, that once it hit retail (v1.0) NO dramatic changes should have been implemented. Reason being, I pay for a game (some people actually did pay for CS), I don't want to come back 2-3 months later to find a nearly totally different game.

After saying that, I can't speak directly about the awp changes since I haven't played CS in awhile, but I have always felt that it should be made to mimic a real snipe weapon as opposed to what it has been, a weapon I see people rushing with, crouch-jumping and making headshots. I have always felt that the awp should be pretty inaccurate unless a person is standing still, more accurate when crouched and the most accurate when prone (is there a "prone" in CS? I forget).

I play in one of the highest divisions possible in the US, and skill is an important factor, and we do realize this is a team game. So that point really makes no sense. I guarantee you that you can't even fathom the amount of team work it takes to suceed at the upper levels. Team work won't win you matches, being the more skilled team will usually win. What i guess I'm used to is that if an awper misses, he dies, adn a blind awper can't see and can't shoot you. People with bad aim are the ones that cry about the awp, if an awper misses you you should kill him 70% of the time.

(edited)
Alright, this is going to sounds harsh, and I'm not necessarily picking on anyone here but here we go.

Everyone that is agreeing with the updates is what's wrong with cs today, you're sick of getting out-skilled and they keep taking out the skill in this game because so many people whine about it.  Jumping, pistols, awp and the list goes on and on.  I really wish this game would have never gone retail, and we could go back to where this game actually took skill and not randomness.

I don't agree with you there at all... I mean, if you're that good... then why does the AWP delay affect you? I know alot can happen in 2 sec in cal matches... and this only makes the matches harder to play. I find it a challenge to learn the awp again, even if I really don't like the awp, but I don't want be one of those flamers that whines about the awp. I don't like it that much... but... maybe they should stop changing the game? I can see fixing bugs here and there... but... lol... they should concentrate on hl2 instead? I think maybe valve should undo the 2 second delay... even IF I don't like the awp. I'd rather see people playing than people dropping out because of some update that no one likes.

Edited by Xoul

moss...I'm not talking about on a competitive level...not everyone who plays this game plays it competivitely...I'm talking about on a public level...this IS a team game and people ALWAYS forget that...I'm all for anything that makes players depend more on their teammates

I hate the AWP and would be happy to have it removed from the game. I don't play often...don't have much skill...but the one thing that runs me away from a game is AWPers. I can handle someone jumping around a corner and HSing me. I can handle someone bouncing back & forth with a pistol & killing me while my unloading of an auto weapon doesn't hit once.

But, the first time I run through a door and bam, I'm dead by an AWP I quit playing. I think it's because I know I just don't have a chance at fun anymore...yea, I could spend all my time trying to get better with the AWP but I don't enjoy using it.

I enjoy the stealth aspect of CS and the AWP does not lend to that one bit.

So, yes, Moss may be correct...I hate the AWP cause I don't have the skills...course I walk away from the game before I petition a change to it.

I think what's wrong with this game are the bunny-hopping, awp-jumping, fast-switching 12 year olds who don't know what a team is...it's a team game.....

if you want temwork join a clan imo. The most fun i ever had in CS was when you could bunny-hop and fast-switch, these things took time to learn and required skill. I recently re-installed cs after a year break and rarely do i not finish in first or second in a pub with players that have been playing everyday for years.. The aiming now is crazy, its really really easy to get kills. The skills needed to be good at cs are no longer there. btw not everyone that liked fast-switching and bunny-hoping are 12 years old, if i could do it you could too, its just a matter of if you want to learn how and put the time in or not.

Yes CS is suppose to be a team game but it never has been. Not in public servers. Never has been never will be no matter the updates from Steam. I will never trust someone i dont know to watch my back, because everytime you think they are watching your back they arent. Teamwork comes with lots of time and practice together and you dont get that from pubs.

/rant

Desert Combat is a pretty good game for teamwork and strats though :D Just 2 or 3 organized people in a public server can shut it down. Dont believe me ? check it.

25-1.jpg

LONG LIVE CS PUBS ! :peace: