City of Hero's

Batman

I have l33t 0n3 lvl 13 controller

and bullet-taker lvl 6 i think blaster

I couldn't go on last night or tonight :( Maybe Friday.

Saturday I might be able to fit in some time. I don't know if the lan I'm going to has an internet connection or not.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im leaving for Florida tomorrow.. Ill be gone from 6/11 till 6/29, its gonna be sweet! Private pool, quiet semi-private beach!! The beer will be flowing like a waterfall, and the blender wont stop making margarita's.. :)

Orlando for a week and New Smyrna beach for a week.. Borrowed my in-laws Mercury Mountaineer, it has the dvd player and hookups for the gamecube.. The kids better not whine this year.. There whine spoils my wine..

Keep the city safe while im gone, you wont see me random healing and rez'ing for a while..

I am like one push away from grabbing this game off the shelf.

I have been reading about this game for so much it seems the only alternative to be waiting for WoW

im with ya railz. If I have the time and loot and enough to convince me to get the game, I might be picking it up in the near future.

i need some incentive to buy this game? So there is no PvP yet? When is city of villians supposed to be released and I heard ciy of villians is an expansion you have to buy. That sucks :(

I'll warn you Zap, if you're used to "complicated" RPG's like SWG or DAOC and I suspect FFXI (though I've not played it), then this one may not be for you. Initially I was very discouraged with it due to the sheer simplicity of the game. It is quite literally, go around and beat stuff up and every other level you get a new power. That's just the way it works. You do NOTHING else, except talk to your friends hehe! =) However I have since come to enjoy it because the fighting style feels a little less like an RPG and more like a massive action game and that I like. So, if you're like me and enjoy complex games with lots of variety, this may or may not be for you. It's an aquired taste for me. I only say this since you mentioned FFXI and I think it falls into that category of what I call a "complex RPG." Anyway just a warning. I like the game, I think it's fun when there are good people around. But if you're used to things like SWG and DAOC (like I was), this can seem a little simplistic. IF you do pick it up, enjoy and give me a yell sometime! Cya!

(edited)

Zap needs to actually get on FFXI every now and then and put his money where his mouth is about the whole lvl75BRD/WHM :D

Also, to everyone else, this game is fun, but I did get bored with it pretty quickly. It's weird because it's completely possible to solo all missions I've ran into at lvl14 except for the task force missions. It's possible to build a tanker-mage and it gets kind'a boring. :(

Edited by lance

I don't have alot of time since I started running my own LS now on FFXI. We had a rank5-a-thon for getting all the members to rank5 and then we had a gil-questing run. We did all the quests that we could together and each of us walked away with about 500k gil's worth of items. It's like running your own supergroup but it's all higher lvls in my LS now and once I get back to playing in July we have a chocobo-race we're sponsoring, a mining trip to a high level area for getting massive amounts of gil, and then we're off to finish the missions for rank6. Heavy schedule for a mmorpg :D

I haven't logged into FFXI for a long time now. Currently I stopped my monthly subscription until a patch or something comes along for me to do. Once I hit 75 the whole concept of doing that level grind all over again was pretty frustrating so I was just waiting for something else to come along. I know the next huge patch is coming out in the fall which I'll look forward to so that means I'll have to at least pay for a month here and there to keep my character active until then.

As far as complication in RPG it doesn't really matter to me. I just like interesting things to do and the whole superhero thing in itself is a nice change from the usual RPG's out there so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm still undecided though but we'll see. I'm starting to get tired of playing Desert Combat everyday so that might finally make me do the push to getting CoH.

The change of pace to a rpg is nice it's trying not to fall into the time sink of it that kills you. At least with CS and DC you can just come in play a few maps and be done in 30 minutes whereas in an RPG you are talking major hours invested although an RPG holds your attention for a long time with all the stuff to do in it.

I usually like to have both going at the same time so that I can fill my short attention span - haha.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I will probably wait until the Villians become possible. Then the game will be fun.

Anyone that was a comicbook junky growing up (or still is) will love this game. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and can't stop playing it. Actually it has gotten me into the doghouse with my wife several times now. Most of my guys on on the virtue server, but I think I have one on freedom's server, it most likely a scrapper or a blaster.

As far as the no copywrited names go, I have seen plenty and have one my self. I made a Wolverine character and the name was taken, so i used Weapon X and I teamed up with a guy in the game who had the name Colossus, he did a very good job BTW capturing his look.