HL2 - CS2 VIDEO

Fatty

hey i have a question.....will hl2 and the new cs....run on a NVIDIA 5600 XT or FX (not sure which) 256 MB

Yes.

But you prolly wont be able to run at a resolution any higher than 800x600 with medium quality settings in game.

I'm basing this on absolutely nothing though, so I could be completely wrong.

If your system plays Farcry pretty nicely though I would say it would be fine for any game that comes out this year.

wrong

Minimum specs for HL2 are very minimal. The source engine actually scales itself on the fly to keep your framerate good at all times so it will shut effects off on the fly if you start having a bad frame rate.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. i agree with birdman... if your looking to get into the game and enjoy it with any kind of framerate a 9700pro/9800pro will be needed or the nvidia equal....

for the non-hardware kinda people, a 9800XT is no longer king of any hill. The newest video cards are close to double 9800 series speed and i bet thats what was used in the demos...

Minimum specs for HL2 are very minimal.

Got a link?

I wasn't aware that the official minimum requirements had been released.

They havent been, but it has been said on one of the HL2 forums that Gabe posts on something about the game not requiring much.

They havent been, but it has been said on one of the HL2 forums that Gabe posts on something about the game not requiring much.

Ah true.

Gabe also said HL2 was to be released last SEPT. 30th;

and it wasn't.

He also said that the delay was directly related to the leak of the source code;

and it wasn't

The fact is

if you are going to play HL2 on a low end system it's gonna look like a completely different game than if you were to run it on a high end system.

Doesn’t matter what kinda realtime effects adjuster the game engine has built in.

Ah true.

Gabe also said HL2 was to be released last SEPT. 30th;

and it wasn't.

He also said that the delay was directly related to the leak of the source code;

and it wasn't

The fact is

if you are going to play HL2 on a low end system it's gonna look like a completely different game than if you were to run it on a high end system.

Doesn’t matter what kinda realtime effects adjuster the game engine has built in.

Well definately yes graphically it wont look the same but it should be playable, from what IVe heard is that if you can run HL1 you should be able to run HL2 which is amazing. And yes I know it wont look the same :P

Well definately yes graphically it wont look the same but it should be playable, from what IVe heard is that if you can run HL1  you should be able to run HL2 which is amazing.

That would be impressive.

Eheh

Cause I ran HL1 on Pentium Pro 200Mhz computer.

Had 96MB of EDO SDRAM.

And a 4mb Power VR 3D Accelerator.

If HL2 can run on a 200Mhz Computer then Valve gets a cookie.

:D

I get your point though.

It's impressive to see how a game like UT2k4 is as scalable as it is.

If HL2 is as scalable as UT2k4 that would be asking enough.

Any more though and I don’t think it would be worth a developers time.

If newer games don’t require newer hardware then the hardware industry gets screwed.

Not bad for the consumers wallet.

But if we ever wanna reach photo realistic graphics, game developers can’t keep supporting older hardware. All their time will be spent working on backwards compatibility with their newer engines, while it should be spent pushing the envelope of new hardware.

the demos that were at E3 were on a 9800xt.

:D

that's coo.

I thought I saw some lag in the video at one point though.

However, i couldn't tell if it was the demo computer or the video.

It was still excellent looking.

All the water effects in CS seemed to lag it a lil' though.

Anyone else see the blood of the terrorists that was mixing with the water that was get splashed around by all the bullets coming from the bridge?

I thought that was sweet.

And the HL2 part where gordon threw that bucket of paint, could you guys tell if the paint ran down wall?

If so that would be killa.